Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Important: How To Handle The Mind

Sunny

Those who need it can have a look at the article in the link. Whoever wants can also save it as a PDF. I thought about copying and pasting but I am not well informed if it is allowed by copyright.

It is helpful for both meditation and overthinking, in short, it is about managing thoughts and emotions i.e. the mind.

The mind is literally a knife, if you don't know how to use it, you can hurt yourself and others. But if you don't know, you can't handle and use something properly, whatever it is. Knowledge is gold and above all power.

Sadhguru in this article has given very useful and very important information about the mind. One can hardly find such valuable information on the mind anywhere else.

https://isha.sadhguru.org/us/en/wisdom/article/is-my-mind-really-against-me

May You Be Immortal And Eternal Sadhguru! Thank You.

I searched for a long time for information in my mind and this is the best I could find.

I thought too much, even in meditation. I would meditate on something for 5-10 minutes, then a random idea would come to mind and absorb my attention and then I would think for 10-15 minutes, sometimes half an hour🤦

Sunny said:
I searched for a long time for information in my mind and this is the best I could find.

I thought too much, even in meditation. I would meditate on something for 5-10 minutes, then a random idea would come to mind and absorb my attention and then I would think for 10-15 minutes, sometimes half an hour🤦

it is very valuable article thank you. 🙏

Sunny said:

The translator made a mistake, I meant to say, I sought information and knowledge about the mind, not in my mind.

I don't mean to spoil the idea of taming the mind but maybe it should come from a better source like Ramana Maharshi instead.
I found a pdf of his teachings once and I believe I can paraphrase the "how to" properly.

When a thought arises ask "who am I?". If this doesn't still the mind then ask "to whom does the thought arise?" and this is supposed to lead you to answer yourself, then you can go back to the first step and it should work.

I forget what pdf/book it was from but the above is the essence of what he called self inquiry

TerKorian666 said:
Sunny said:

it is very valuable article thank you. 🙏

You are welcome😉

Asurya said:
I don't mean to spoil the idea of taming the mind but maybe it should come from a better source like Ramana Maharshi instead.
I found a pdf of his teachings once and I believe I can paraphrase the "how to" properly.

When a thought arises ask "who am I?". If this doesn't still the mind then ask "to whom does the thought arise?" and this is supposed to lead you to answer yourself, then you can go back to the first step and it should work.

I forget what pdf/book it was from but the above is the essence of what he called self inquiry

I am not saying to take any knowledge and from anyone, it is necessary to verify.

Thank you for your input, what you are saying is about de-identifying with thoughts and mind. This is the first step. The second step is attention, to switch off unwanted, wrong, irrelevant, meaningless, stupid and useless thoughts, they must be completely deprived of attention because without attention they cannot continue.

Attention: trying to resist them and fight them, getting angry at them etc. and even thinking about them does not work simply because by doing so you give them attention. Just observe them and give them nothing and they will disappear.

Do you know which body is consciousness? I think it is the mental body i.e. the mind. But I am not sure because some people say it is not the mind. If it is not the mind then who is it? The body of light? I would like to know that.

Sunny said:

Do you know which body is consciousness? I think it is the mental body i.e. the mind. But I am not sure because some people say it is not the mind. If it is not the mind then who is it? The body of light? I would like to know that.

I don't know a lot about that but I think the Hindu term is Atman.

Asurya said:
Sunny said:

I don't know a lot about that but I think the Hindu term is Atman.

It seems that it is not the mind.🤔

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back