Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

hatha yoga, power MEDITATION, is it SAFE to STOP doing it?

nebu

the title is not that literal.
I feel great doing both, however, we don't know exactly what tomorrow is, what if there's an emergency that breaks the routine?
I'm not going to have a brutal drop in magic power, vitality and well-being, right?
hoping to get back as soon as possible

(I'm not lazy and much less willing to stop)

but what if a circumstance 'prevents' me from doing it for like 3 days in a row, etc...?
Is there a way to minimize the damage?

I read in a comment by lydia that she didn't stop doing a day for 13 years without stopping meditation, i understand that there is abstention from some things and really prioritizing your dragon path, but :shock:

In general, it is similar to muscle training, the body adapts. But there are also permanent things. Don't be lazy, nothing is achieved by laziness.

nebu said:
I feel great doing both, however, we don't know exactly what tomorrow is, what if there's an emergency that breaks the routine?
I'm not going to have a brutal drop in magic power, vitality and well-being, right?

but what if a circumstance 'prevents' me from doing it for like 3 days in a row, etc...?

I read in a comment by lydia that she didn't stop doing a day for 13 years without stopping meditation, i understand that there is abstention from some things and really prioritizing your dragon path, but :shock:

If 100% done, without brakes would be 100% potential safety, then the answer is no. Just do your best everyday.

nebu said:

It is unideal, but not the end of your world. Habitual occurrence of breaking routine will set you in stagnation, but you will get through it. In practice this translates to more significant fluctuations in bioelectricity which can be depressing, depending on your high and low points and about your spiritual makeup, and how you handle such situations. With no underlying health issues such would be a non-issue, but otherwise can be bad, but it's situational. As I said, when it's occasional, simply continue where you left off and don't make a fuss of it. Try to build your life in such a way that you will not be interrupted no matter what.

To minimize setbacks instead of full-on skipping a day, do a minimal set of cleaning, protection, and short final rtr. You can get them done in 15-20 minutes or less, and you can do them pretty much anywhere where you have even a slight semblance of personal space. If you live in a crowded space, lock yourself in a toilet for 15 minutes. Problem solved.

Yes, it's totally realistic to stay consistent for over a decade. Earth-like qualities help with staying on track with whatever you are set to do. One also has to make value decisions: What is really important to me and how do I progress on what I have set to do.

Even in chaotic situations, meditation can be done. Been there done that, it's how I managed to never skip a day of meditating. I'm just a very spiritual person. Meditating makes me feel better and makes life better and has instant results, so therefore, I won't skip a day. It has nothing to do with Earth qualities as Henu suggested.

I can skip KY no problem, I even had to take extended time off from it due to injury. I compensated by doing more pranayama. I doubt I can skip hatha though, even through said injury I modified asanas and did what hatha I could.

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=397307 time=1667459207 user_id=57]
It has nothing to do with Earth qualities as Henu suggested.
I was writing in a broader sense. Discipline definitely has its boons for being consistent.

nebu said:

What circumstances can stop you? If you can wake up earlier so that any circumstances wouldn’t take you? And do everything before any circumstances may appear - earlier in the morning? This is the solution

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back