Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

I think the best position to meditate is sitting in a chair suitable for meditation. What do you think?

Sunny

Lying on the bed doesn't feel very good for my back. I also don't like cross-legged positions, crushing my feet like meatballs.

:?: :?: :?:

What feels good for you might not feel good for somebody else, it's subjective.

Aquarius said:
What feels good for you might not feel good for somebody else, it's subjective.

Of course it is subjective. I have read that improper postures for the spine can damage it.

Henu the Great said:
A straight spine is the main requirement. Other details are secondary.

Yes, I know. Even in the case of the chair, the spine needs the right support. The abdominal and back muscles also give support to the spine.

In the case of the bed, mine is too soft. Also for sleeping it is recommended that it is not too hard but also not too soft. As for meditating lying on the bed, the spine is not a very straight structure, it has curvatures and therefore you need to put the right support on the cervical vertebrae and the lumbar ones to keep it in the natural shape and position.

Sunny said:
Yes, I know. Even in the case of the chair, the spine needs the right support. The abdominal and back muscles also give support to the spine.

In the case of the bed, mine is too soft. Also for sleeping it is recommended that it is not too hard but also not too soft. As for meditating lying on the bed, the spine is not a very straight structure, it has curvatures and therefore you need to put the right support on the cervical vertebrae and the lumbar ones to keep it in the natural shape and position.
In my view support items are not required as long as one has healthy core and is able to sit straight.

Having slight curvature is normal for the spine so laying in the bed does not require extra items.

Having spine related health issues is another matter, and has to be taken in consideration on case by case basis.

Henu the Great said:
Sunny said:

In my view support items are not required as long as one has healthy core and is able to sit straight.

Having slight curvature is normal for the spine so laying in the bed does not require extra items.

Having spine related health issues is another matter, and has to be taken in consideration on case by case basis.

I have no health problems in my spine. The problem is my bed, it is not quality, neither the mattress nor the bed frame. I have to buy another one.

Sunny said:
I have no health problems in my spine. The problem is my bed, it is not quality, neither the mattress nor the bed frame. I have to buy another one.

Getting a foam mattress topper may be a cheaper fix to improving comfort, depending on the situation.

Can i ask you a question, i do want to state right away that i mean no ill intent!

So you come on here and ask a question, all good of course. The thing i don't get is that you already know everything that has been recommended to you. Aquarius gives you his opinion but you already know this, same with Henu the Great. Did you come here for validation (If its the case that's no problem), or were you expecting another answer?

I was just wondering that's all.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=395560 time=1666776824 user_id=21286]
Sunny said:

Getting a foam mattress topper may be a cheaper fix to improving comfort, depending on the situation.

Thanks for the advice, I will see what to do.

As Henu The Great said, it's true I don't tend to use backrests when sitting. I mind my posture and seat backrests seem to curve my spine where it's upright with natural curves without the back rest messing my posture up.

But for meditation it's necessary to relax and be supported. So I have a sofa chair that I sit upright in. Use same sofa chair for vibrations and meditations.

I do like laying on my back on the floor as well. But it just feels better and my mind works better sitting.

I have two pillows from my bed I put on the arm rests and I cross my legs wide with knees resting on the armrests.

I cover the sofa chair with a sheet to keep it clean. It's second hand. An old man sofa chair but good quality. All padded and firm.

The only thing in my mind is to not cross only ankles when meditating.

Early on my journey to find Satan and years ago as a teen. I went to a Spiritualist Church.

And we were told not to cross our legs when meditating because it cuts off the energy flow.

I remember always having a foot nudge my crossed ankles apart.

I now consider it a yoga pose to have crossed legs. So I can have crossed legs because of Yoga.

But I could never meditate with only my ankles crossed because I have that conditioning now that crossing ankles cuts off the energy flow.

SSinHeartandSoul said:

Can i ask you a question, i do want to state right away that i mean no ill intent!

So you come on here and ask a question, all good of course. The thing i don't get is that you already know everything that has been recommended to you. Aquarius gives you his opinion but you already know this, same with Henu the Great. Did you come here for validation (If its the case that's no problem), or were you expecting another answer?

I was just wondering that's all.

I wanted to hear the opinion of others because I could be wrong.

Personal Growth said:
As Henu The Great said, it's true I don't tend to use backrests when sitting. I mind my posture and seat backrests seem to curve my spine where it's upright with natural curves without the back rest messing my posture up.

But for meditation it's necessary to relax and be supported. So I have a sofa chair that I sit upright in. Use same sofa chair for vibrations and meditations.

I do like laying on my back on the floor as well. But it just feels better and my mind works better sitting.

I have two pillows from my bed I put on the arm rests and I cross my legs wide with knees resting on the armrests.

I cover the sofa chair with a sheet to keep it clean. It's second hand. An old man sofa chair but good quality. All padded and firm.

Early on my journey to find Satan and years ago as a teen. I went to a Spiritualist Church.

And we were told not to cross our legs when meditating because it cuts off the energy flow.

I now consider it a yoga pose to have crossed legs. So I can have crossed legs because of Yoga.

But I could never meditate with only my ankles crossed because I have that conditioning now that crossing ankles cuts off the energy flow.

Great idea the sofa chair.

As for the cross-legged positions, I tried using the simple one and found it annoying...one foot on top of the other exerted pressure and I found it a bit uncomfortable for the blood vessels and nerves.

cross-legged-picture-id180848913

Simple cross-legged position.

The professional yoga positions are certainly better but they are difficult to do especially at the beginning. In an Asana book I read that you get used to them with time.

istock-945098180.jpg

Padmasana, the lotus position.

Personal Growth said:

It's not wrong, also HPS Maxine stated that sitting crossed leg cuts off the circulation.

Aquarius said:
Personal Growth said:

It's not wrong, also HPS Maxine stated that sitting crossed leg cuts off the circulation.

Oh how my knees and ankles stiffen and seize up. I do move about some and sit with differing leg positions for the circulation.

But we're not talking about material circulation here. It's energy flow being cut off by crossing ankles.

I don't have it for crossed legs because of Yoga and Yoga meditative poses.

Just in my mind crossing ankles is like making a knot there to hinder the energy flow.

Energetically speaking not physically.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Any position where you will not fall asleep and will be comfortable will be perfectly fine.

OK, thanks for the advice.

#Update

My favourite meditation posture is Siddhasana. Padmasana requires more flexibility in the legs.

siddhasana-benefits.jpg

Siddhasana Posture

Aquarius said:
Personal Growth said:

In reality, this energy block is useful. In Yoga, it is said that the blocking of energy by the crossed legs acts as a Bandha so as not to disperse energy and bring it to the head.

800px-Mode_of_action_of_Mudras.svg.png

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandha_(yoga)

Sunny said:
Aquarius said:
Personal Growth said:

In reality, this energy block is useful. In Yoga, it is said that the blocking of energy by the crossed legs acts as a Bandha so as not to disperse energy and bring it to the head.

800px-Mode_of_action_of_Mudras.svg.png

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandha_(yoga)
Cutting off blood circulation is never a good thing.

Aquarius said:
That means one is lacking in flexibility. Those who have the necessary flexibility are free to choose which posture to be in.

Henu the Great said:
Aquarius said:
That means one is lacking in flexibility. Those who have the necessary flexibility are free to choose which posture to be in.

So you mean that the force and pressure of one foot on the other is due to a lack of flexibility? That makes sense.

Henu the Great said:
Aquarius said:
Oh yes, asbsolutely.

I really like yoga. Some people think yoga is nonsense, and they say they meditate but they don't even know what meditation is. They sit down, close their eyes and then think :roll: :lol: , this is not meditation.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back