Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Help with choosing runes for a working

SSinHeartandSoul

The pillar that supports Satans upcoming aeon
Hello brothers and sisters,

I am planning on starting a working for myself soon, before i start tough i would like to ask for a second opinion.

My main objective is to work on my memory, This has always been a sore point for me. In the last 2 / 3 years i made improvements to this, but it is not nearly at the point where i want it to be. Besides memory problems, i have had a couple instances where i have had problems with my nerve system, recently again i injured the nerve leading to my arm, this tells me that i need to work on strengthening my nerves. Weak or damaged nerves can also lead to memory problems among other problems, so it might be a good idea to include this into the working as well.

This is where i am not certain what rune i should use, Thurisaz might be perfect for the combined healing of the nerves and improving my memory. That said it might be better to use Mannaz and focus on my memory first and foremost. Kenaz could also be a contender.

Also i take it that whichever rune I'm going to work with should be vibrated 108 times.

What do you guys think would be best for me to do right now?

Maybe Wunjo for healing the nervous system, and/or removing any problems with it. There is also an upcoming date for a Mercury Square on the 5th of October, just 5 days away, which could be done for improving memory.

For Wunjo, its number is 8 so a suitable number would be something that ties into 8, such as 80. I'm not sure why you are electing to use a Saturn number for a Runic working unless it was Nauthiz or something, is there a reason for it that I'm not aware of?

jrvan said:
For Wunjo, its number is 8 so a suitable number would be something that ties into 8, such as 80. I'm not sure why you are electing to use a Saturn number for a Runic working unless it was Nauthiz or something, is there a reason for it that I'm not aware of?

Not in particular its just me being an idiot. :roll: I'm quite inexperienced when it comes to using runes for my own workings, so i should have done a little bit more digging before i blurted that out...

Anyways thank you for the help brother, very helpful. :D

SSinHeartandSoul said:
jrvan said:

Not in particular its just me being an idiot. :roll: I'm quite inexperienced when it comes to using runes for my own workings, so i should have done a little bit more digging before i blurted that out...

Anyways thank you for the help brother, very helpful. :D

Oh, okay. Don't have to be hard on yourself, we all make mistakes. For reference (including for others):
Using the Runes

Happy to help. Good luck with the workings!

jrvan said:
Oh, okay. Don't have to be hard on yourself, we all make mistakes. For reference (including for others):
Using the Runes

Hey, i'm making a book for myself containing all the runes, one thing that i don't understand yet is how to know how many vibrations on needs to use with every separate rune. I did check the link that you posted but it doesn't make things clearer for me, so can you give me a hand here?

SSinHeartandSoul said:
jrvan said:
Using the Runes

Hey, i'm making a book for myself containing all the runes, one thing that i don't understand yet is how to know how many vibrations on needs to use with every separate rune. I did check the link that you posted but it doesn't make things clearer for me, so can you give me a hand here?

I'm still learning as I practice, but generally I do multiples of the Rune's number. So for example, the number of Fehu is 1, and I wanted to do a powerful money working recently so I chose 100 vibrations. I'm not sure exactly if Fehu can just be used with any number of vibrations considering that 1 goes into everything, but you can opt for power numbers and/or numbers related to your working, or go by intuition.

For Uruz, I typically do 20, 40, etc... as its number is 2, and I like numbers to the power of 10.

For Sol, I usually do twice its number of 16 so 32. Alternatively sometimes with the Sol Rune I do 36 vibrations because it's a solar Rune and 36 is a number of the sun. That's just me though.

For something like Nauthiz (Rune related to Saturn), I have a couple of workings planned for establishing something as a fixed daily routine through discipline. For this specifically I wrote a spell that has the number of vibrations as 60, and this is because 6 is a number related to Saturn as well as the 6th house of work/how you work and daily routine, and also because the Rune's number is 10 which multiplied by 6 gives 60.

For the ING Rune, I have so far done workings with 22 vibrations and 44 vibrations, 44 being its number doubled. Both were effective.

Those are some examples of how I personally do things with my own magick. I would recommend also asking the input of knowledgeable members such as Lydia [JG], NakedPluto, Henu the Great, VoE, Blitzkreig [JG]. Blitz from what I have seen has some great intuitive knowledge of the Runes, and he may be helpful here.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" user_id=21286]
ping

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

You can also e-mail HPHC, Blitz, VoE, or anyone else that might be able to help, if you'd like. As it's stated, the Clergy are here for support and guidance. The JoS Guardians are also here to help us when they can. VoE and NakedPluto are also both very learned and experienced with magick and meditations as well as understanding of things from higher perspectives, and I'm sure they would know something concrete about this.

If my answer suffices then that's great. I just want to avoid misleading. My way of magick has worked for me, and I don't believe there is anything wrong with it. To be honest, I think it might even not matter quite as much for the effectiveness of a working as something like perfecting the pronunciation of the Runes. Nailing the pronunciation can really take it to the next level. I wouldn't get too hung up on the number of vibrations, as long as it's high enough that it's effective for you and you can reasonably handle it. I rarely go over 100 vibrations for Runic spells, myself. It's just not practical or suitable for me right now due to a number of factors.

I used Berkano and Mannaz together for improving memory. Memory is more of water element than what Mannaz represents.

Is that what the numbers are for? :O I was under the impression that it was a convenience for looking up the runes, So when hps Maxine wrote this
Kabalistic magick is based upon letters and numbers, in that each letter corresponds with a number.
She was revering to the numbers and order of the runes on the rune page.

I do understand that this not the complete message, since there are specific numbers that hold a lot of power by themselves, so much so that you can find these numbers back everywhere in nature. But what you told me is basically the core of what i was searching for, for that i thank you!

It is a good idea to message people from the clergy, i have messaged hp hoodedcobra a couple of times, but generally i never really do such a thing. I'll keep that in mind for sure thank you.

Henu the Great said:
I used Berkano and Mannaz together for improving memory. Memory is more of water element than what Mannaz represents.

I am planning on doing a working to improve my memory in january, so i will keep this one in mind. :D

SSinHeartandSoul said:

Is that what the numbers are for? :O I was under the impression that it was a convenience for looking up the runes, So when hps Maxine wrote this
Kabalistic magick is based upon letters and numbers, in that each letter corresponds with a number.
She was revering to the numbers and order of the runes on the rune page.

I do understand that this not the complete message, since there are specific numbers that hold a lot of power by themselves, so much so that you can find these numbers back everywhere in nature. But what you told me is basically the core of what i was searching for, for that i thank you!

No problem, I'm glad this is helpful. I'm also hopeful that this will be useful for others who see this and may not have known.

It is a good idea to message people from the clergy, i have messaged hp hoodedcobra a couple of times, but generally i never really do such a thing. I'll keep that in mind for sure thank you.

Of course :)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back