Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Working started during Mercury Retrograde

The Alchemist7 [JG]

Hello. I tried to look in the previous posts but couldn't find an answer. Is a working related to mind and psychic going to be negatively affected if is started during Mercury retrograde? I am asking because in the calendar it says it is a good day for phychic and related workings although Mercury started retrograde motion on that day (yesterday specifically, 9th of September). As far as I know Mercury has to do with mind, intellect and related. Thanks

The Alchemist7 said:
Hello. I tried to look in the previous posts but couldn't find an answer. Is a working related to mind and psychic going to be negatively affected if is started during Mercury retrograde? I am asking because in the calendar it says it is a good day for phychic and related workings although Mercury started retrograde motion on that day (yesterday specifically, 9th of September). As far as I know Mercury has to do with mind, intellect and related. Thanks

Mercury goes in retrograde motion on Monday the 12th of September. Monday is ruled by the Moon and the Moon rules the psyche and subconscious, but the Moon would be in its Waning sign in Aries then.

The current full Moon is in its sign Pisces. The full Moon will last until the 11th (tomorrow). You can start on this today when the Moon shines bright. The Moon in Pisces is good for psychic work and psychic stimulation of all kinds. When you time your magick with the Moon in Pisces to program the energies to improve your psychic abilities, then Mercury won't interact as much in this case. This will help to improve the psyche and the subconscious, the deeper aspect of the mind.

You can use the mantra, Inanna, during a full Moon in Pisces for 40 days. I started mine yesterday when the Moon hit Pisces. I vibrate Inanna 40 times and complete with the affirmation: "the power of Inanna is now increasing and developing my psychic abilities in a very positive and a happy way for me."

I wouldn't do a Mercury Square when Mercury is retrograde, as it may cause negative effects in regards to processing information and learning things. Though, Mercury retrograde is great for researching, detail work and go over documents to emend them.

Perhaps a Mercury Square can be done during a retrograde for people born during a Mercury retrograde, as they function better when transiting Mercury is in retrograde motion.

The Alchemist7 said:

Psychic stuff is mainly water-related, whereas Mercury is air-related. While both can be considered as "mind abilities", they are distinct enough that you should not worry about this situation.

Water senses and feels things. Air processes, categorizes, and communicates. I am assuming you started a working more related to the first category, rather than the second.

Darkpagan666 said:
Oh! You already begun yesterday! My bad, yes you are fine. Go ahead and continue. The Mercury retrograde will not interfere. I begun a psychic working yesterday too.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=387508 time=1662826469 user_id=21286]
Psychic stuff is mainly water-related, whereas Mercury is air-related. While both can be considered as "mind abilities", they are distinct enough that you should not worry about this situation.

Water senses and feels things. Air processes, categorizes, and communicates. I am assuming you started a working more related to the first category, rather than the second.

Hello. I am starting an intellect working. I didn't want to say it at first but it is neccesary to mention it. Intellect is related to air as far as I know

The Alchemist7 said:
Darkpagan666 said:
Oh! You already begun yesterday! My bad, yes you are fine. Go ahead and continue. The Mercury retrograde will not interfere. I begun a psychic working yesterday too.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=387508 time=1662826469 user_id=21286]

Hello. I am starting an intellect working. I didn't want to say it at first but it is neccesary to mention it. Intellect is related to air as far as I know

As been stated:
The Moon rules the psyche, the subconscious, memory, emotions, the obscure part of our minds, our psychic abilities.

Mercury rules the mental capacity, processing and analyzing information, intellect and intelligence, communication of all kinds.

My question is then, what particular mantra are you using? You begun yesterday. So did you time your magick with the Moon or Mercury?

Can you be more specific as to how you proceeded?

Using a Mercury mantra to improve and enhance the intellect can be done as Mercury is in Libra. If you are using the Runes, then it depends when you started yesterday as the Moon was in its waxing sign Aquarius yesterday before entering Pisces.

Darkpagan666 said:
My question is then, what particular mantra are you using? You begun yesterday. So did you time your magick with the Moon or Mercury?

Using a Mercury mantra to improve and enhance the intellect can be done as Mercury is in Libra. If you are using the Runes, then it depends when you started yesterday as the Moon was in its waxing sign Aquarius yesterday before entering Pisces.
I timed it with the Moon. It was about 10-12 hours past after it entered Pisces. I just noticed Mercury entered retrograde according to an image I've seen on the forums about the Mercury Retrograde periods of the year and I was thinking that it can have a negative impact on the working since Mercury governs over intellect.

Well the working is not only for intellect but is for expanding consciousness, improving memory and intuition. I am using Manaz and Kenaz together. I've done this meditation before with good results, I just slightly changed the affirmation this time.

The Alchemist7 said:
Darkpagan666 said:

I timed it with the Moon. It was about 10-12 hours past after it entered Pisces. I just noticed Mercury entered retrograde according to an image I've seen on the forums about the Mercury Retrograde periods of the year and I was thinking that it can have a negative impact on the working since Mercury governs over intellect.

Well the working is not only for intellect but is for expanding consciousness, improving memory and intuition. I am using Manaz and Kenaz together. I've done this meditation before with good results, I just slightly changed the affirmation this time.

I checked a few sources now. It seems they differ a bit from each other. I guess 9th of September is the correct date. A source I checked says Mercury enters a stationed retrograde on the 10th, and goes retrograde on the 12th.

The Moon in Pisces is not really favorable for mental capacity and intellectual work. Though, it is excellent to improve intuition and the memory.

I'd say continue the working and see what happens. I know improving the memory somehow helps the intellect in some respects. Using the Rune Mannaz may therefore still help. As Kenaz here will increase awareness and insight, this might give you more of an intuitive nature to your memories and conscious that is water based, operating on feelings and hunches. Be aware that these energies might unfold differently from what you intend. I do believe they will help you regardless.

What is your affirmation?

Darkpagan666 said:
I checked a few sources now. It seems they differ a bit from each other. I guess 9th of September is the correct date. A source I checked says Mercury enters a stationed retrograde on the 10th, and goes retrograde on the 12th.

The Moon in Pisces is not really favorable for mental capacity and intellectual work. Though, it is excellent to improve intuition and the memory.

I'd say continue the working and see what happens. I know improving the memory somehow helps the intellect in some respects. Using the Rune Mannaz may therefore still help. As Kenaz here will increase awareness and insight, this might give you more of an intuitive nature to your memories and conscious that is water based, operating on feelings and hunches. Be aware that these energies might unfold differently from what you intend. I do believe they will help you regardless.

There is no better placement around for intellect workings as far as I remember from the calendar, that is why I chose to start it on 9th with moon in Pisces since intellect is still somewhat related to the mind and psychic processes. Mannaz is particularly a rune for intellect. The affirmation is:
"My awareness, inteligence, memory and intuition are increasing, intensifying and expanding in their highest, purest and most satanic forms, in the healthiest, happiest and most pozitive ways for me"

This affirmation is from a meditation for expanding consciousness posted on my native forum with a slight change at the beginning to target only what I wanted from this working. I am planning to do this for 40 days but if Mercury is going influence it then I will stop and leave it for next month or something, after Mercury exits the retrograde motion.

The Alchemist7 said:
Darkpagan666 said:

There is no better placement around for intellect workings as far as I remember from the calendar, that is why I chose to start it on 9th with moon in Pisces since intellect is still somewhat related to the mind and psychic processes. Mannaz is particularly a rune for intellect. The affirmation is:
"My awareness, inteligence, memory and intuition are increasing, intensifying and expanding in their highest, purest and most satanic forms, in the healthiest, happiest and most pozitive ways for me"

This affirmation is from a meditation for expanding consciousness posted on my native forum with a slight change at the beginning to target only what I wanted from this working. I am planning to do this for 40 days but if Mercury is going influence it then I will stop and leave it for next month or something, after Mercury exits the retrograde motion.

Well, according to my calendar the planetary alignment favors more spiritual and psychic pursuits as well as astral communications, than purely intellectual pursuits.

Mannaz and Kenaz may aid to develop spiritual understanding as well as intuitive abilities in this case. They may also help you to expand your awareness and consciousness where the understanding of the occult things are concerned. Though, I am just speculating at this point.

I remember that affirmation. I saved it some time ago to use it for another working. It has a very interesting nature to it!

I'd say go for it. If you choose to complete the 40 days cycle, could you please share your results and experiences? I would absolutely love to hear about it!

Darkpagan666 said:
I'd say go for it. If you choose to complete the 40 days cycle, could you please share your results and experiences? I would absolutely love to hear about it!
Yes I will carry on with this for the time being, unless I will notice bad things happening in these areas of mind targeted by this meditation as in that case I can only assume that is due to Mercury Retrograde if bad things will happen. As for the results however I am not expecting major changes as awareness, inteligence and intuition are "abilities" that gradually build in years, meditations can only accelerate the development of these abilities, maybe also in a shorter period of time. However a blatant problem that I have is the memory as I tend to forget things quite easily and not after very long time, maybe a reason might be also because I am generally thinking too much about the future and about what is generally going to happen (with me, family, with the events in the world etc., that's what I think about most of the time) so I too easily ignore or "bury" things from the past, including things that are important to remember and "keep in mind".

I will see if this working is going to stimulate my memory so I can consciously remember a lot more things. To put it into perspective, it is said that all our memories are all "recorded" in the subconscious mind. What I want to do is to consciously remember as many things from there as possible, especially important knowledge that is helping me in my studies, not neccesarily in career alone but also from areas that I am attracted to read and get well documented about. Is anoying for example to read an important information that I can share later in a relevant context, only to forget it after couple months or something, having to go back and re-read the same texts again.

By the way what is your working for if I may ask? Do you have a similar goal or generally just wanting to expand and advance your consciousness?

The Alchemist7 said:
By the way what is your working for if I may ask? Do you have a similar goal or generally just wanting to expand and advance your consciousness?

I do share your frustration of not being able to remember all things learned. This is something I am working on too.

I currently do three workings:
1. I use the Mercury Square to improve information processing and analyzing that information, organizational skills as well as being able to retain the knowledge of what I study.

2. I use the mantra Inanna which I begun yesterday to further develop my psychic abilities so I can better my communication with the Demons and the Astral.

3. I use the mantra Munka to destroy impurities that hampers my spiritual advancement.

I am definitely going to do more workings to improve my awareness, conscious, intelligence and understanding in the future. The affirmation that you use now, I will use a similar one for my next working after I am done with these three I am doing.

This topic was very interesting to read.
Thank you all for sharing these information, especially the affirmation, which I really like it.

I came here after searching on the forum because I wanted to increase, in my case, more the "understanding", expanding one mind, the self, rather than the memory.

What would you say if, beside working with the runes, one meditates also on the seventh chakra? I have this feeling that it could help to achieve higher levels of understanding. ( also on jos it is written that the function is Enlightment).

For sure, I will try a work with that affirmation and those runes.

HW

Hidden Warrior said:
This topic was very interesting to read.
Thank you all for sharing these information, especially the affirmation, which I really like it.

I came here after searching on the forum because I wanted to increase, in my case, more the "understanding", expanding one mind, the self, rather than the memory.

What would you say if, beside working with the runes, one meditates also on the seventh chakra? I have this feeling that it could help to achieve higher levels of understanding. ( also on jos it is written that the function is Enlightment).

For sure, I will try a work with that affirmation and those runes.

HW
For that, look up next opportunity to work with Jupiter as it would be the best match for increasing wisdom in my view.

The Alchemist7 said:

Mercury retrograde will likely harm this, although you will still get some result here. Pisces and Cancer pertain to sensation and observation more than information processing. Yet, it is our lunar side which is responsible for memory, not our Mercury. Mannaz or Berkano can both improve memory, therefore.

Although it is not obviously listed, the Moon in Aquarius is useful for intellect, as well as Gemini or Virgo. While Sagittarius rules expanded degrees of thinking and research, the Mercurial signs are related to the immediate mental processes which occur during reading or thinking.

But, it is our Moon/lunar side which actually stores information. You can see that when Mercury operates in a Cancer fashion, then its ability to retain information goes up, yet Mercury in Cancer itself is not that great compared to the home/exalted signs.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=391667 time=1664765036 user_id=21286]
The Alchemist7 said:

Mercury retrograde will likely harm this, although you will still get some result here. Pisces and Cancer pertain to sensation and observation more than information processing. Yet, it is our lunar side which is responsible for memory, not our Mercury. Mannaz or Berkano can both improve memory, therefore.

Although it is not obviously listed, the Moon in Aquarius is useful for intellect, as well as Gemini or Virgo. While Sagittarius rules expanded degrees of thinking and research, the Mercurial signs are related to the immediate mental processes which occur during reading or thinking.

But, it is our Moon/lunar side which actually stores information. You can see that when Mercury operates in a Cancer fashion, then its ability to retain information goes up, yet Mercury in Cancer itself is not that great compared to the home/exalted signs.
I did one working with Mannaz+Berkano for memory and it improved my memory. I've noticed a positive difference related to retaining information from studying. I can still be scatterbrained regarding my items, but that is another matter.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back