Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

viking human sacrifice?

Greetings fellow Satanists, I have a question, were the viking human/animal sacrifices performed at uppsala and on several occasions to appease and gain favor from the gods as shown in the Vikings TV series a real costum or Christian propaganda? Was the blót a real thing? And if so why would odin/Satan require such rituals? Were the sacrificed animals eaten? What was the purpose of it? Thank you.

Darkwanderer80 said:
Greetings fellow Satanists, I have a question, were the viking human/animal sacrifices performed at uppsala and on several occasions to appease and gain favor from the gods as shown in the Vikings TV series a real costum or Christian propaganda? Was the blót a real thing? And if so why would odin/Satan require such rituals? Were the sacrificed animals eaten? What was the purpose of it? Thank you.

There are many things involving this, corruption, Christian slander and even misunderstanding of rituals and cultures were some of the reasons for such modern representations of some Nordic peoples.

1 There was an obvious corruption of some Norse rituals at some point, if you study, you will see that even books of magic considered Norse with seals that invoke Jesus, the Jews corrupted quite a bit and probably added animal sacrifice to some things, they were not sacrifices requested by the gods, but Jewish inventions.

2 Christians also slandered the Norse a lot saying they sacrificed humans and animals, made pact with the devil etc, a lot are just pure lies.

3 Some ancient rituals blessed and honored animals before killing them for food, this ended up being confused with sacrificing to the gods.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back