Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

How long should you work on opening your chakras?

FlameGhost

When I look at the JOS page for opening the third eye, I notice where it says, "It is very important the above exercise be done for FOUR consecutive days, preferably 24 hours apart. Then it is a done deal and you will have performed the initial step of opening and activating your third eye."

I thought you should either be able to see the colors or practice on it until you do and keep using it and working with it like that from there, I didn't know that you would still be vibrating mantras to open it. I just want to ask now after reading about it on the forums, do I continue to open each chakra (with mantras as well), adding one at a time each day and after they're opened?

I always thought it was because of whatever other kind of negative energy preventing me from opening and using my third eye.

FlameGhost said:
When I look at the JOS page for opening the third eye, I notice where it says, "It is very important the above exercise be done for FOUR consecutive days, preferably 24 hours apart. Then it is a done deal and you will have performed the initial step of opening and activating your third eye."

I thought you should either be able to see the colors or practice on it until you do and keep using it and working with it like that from there, I didn't know that you would still be vibrating mantras to open it. I just want to ask now after reading about it on the forums, do I continue to open each chakra (with mantras as well), adding one at a time each day and after they're opened?

I always thought it was because of whatever other kind of negative energy preventing me from opening and using my third eye.

When I was new I did the opening meditations for longer periods. Until I felt them clearly and had no doubt anymore.

This is however just the initiation to get the ball rolling, further cleaning, opening and empowering is needed on a daily basis. Yes, also with vibration as this empowers your meditations.

As you said about the colors, you need also relax and meditate on the colors you see when your eyes are closed. Focus on the swirling colors. This is very important as this can bestow you visions and can be used for the practice of other siddhis.

FlameGhost said:

You only have to vibrate the given mantra for opening the third eye in those 4 days or how long it will take you to open it (you will definitely feel when you truly open it, it might take more than 4 days). However after that, there is a continuous and perhaps long process of meditating on the third eye to empower it and develop the astral vision. At this point there are several techniques you can use, you can vibrate mantras or runes, or breath in energy and direct it in the third eye, visualising it glowing in white-gold light (which should normally be done with the previous techniques), this along with the other clairvoyance chakras found below and above the third eye (in fact the third eye is one of the clairvoyance points and the front extension of the 6th chakra). Then you also need to do visualization exercises to develop the actual astral vision, as said this is a continuous process and the effects/results will depend on your consistency and seriosity. As far as I know and read, the astral vision will be the most active/noticeable when you are very relaxed, or in trance. An experimented meditator can enter trance in a matter of few minutes or even seconds.

Ok, I think get it, I kind of saw the 3rd eye after that as just using it however and it opening quickly afterwards. I guess I'll treat working and meditating on the 3rd I as another working along with the AOP and the rest. Thank you for the quick and precise responses.

One last thing on opening the chakras, since I know now that I have to keep focusing on the Third Eye and empower it, does the same go for every other chakra?

Or does doing the Hatha and Kundalini Yoga do that?

I just want to make sure that I get everything right this time and I don't think the sight mentions that specifically.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back