Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Is the Owl an holy animal of Astarte or Lilith?

Nimrod33

I'm asking this because in some of their iconography in the Ancient Pagan World they were depicted with owls, but their JoS pages seems to state otherwise.

The Owl is Lilith's sacred animal symbolism. I am unaware if Astarte has the same. But, I have heard in the past both Astarte and Lilith have been associated with an Owl, as it represents Wisdom and Cleverness, as well as the Divine Feminine energy of the Night.

Lilith:
https://satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Lilith.html

Astarte:
https://satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/AstarteHC.html

https://satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Astaroth.html

Thanks to both for your answers. I thought that Owls were sacred to Astarte as well because they were associated to her Roman alias Minerva.

Nimrod33 said:
Thanks to both for your answers. I thought that Owls were sacred to Astarte as well because they were associated to her Roman alias Minerva.

Minerva aka Morax is athena not Astarte. Athena's animal is owl, and Astarte's viper or snakes in General. Hphc said Both morax and astarte are closley related as they work in The same "office" so to say.

Woodlandman said:
Nimrod33 said:

Minerva aka Morax is athena not Astarte. Athena's animal is owl, and Astarte's viper or snakes in General. Hphc said Both morax and astarte are closley related as they work in The same "office" so to say.

"Morax" is a corrupted hebrew name, just so you know. That name will be removed from the JoS. Ma'at is her correct name, along with her other names from other cultures of course.

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=380643 time=1660285386 user_id=57]
Woodlandman said:
Nimrod33 said:

"Morax" is a corrupted hebrew name, just so you know. That name will be removed from the JoS. Ma'at is her correct name, along with her other names from other cultures of course.

This is really interesting. I have never liked the name "Morax", and I have never really understood why...but now I do. I have always referred to Ma'at as Ma'at or Maat, as I can sense a stronger divinity to it. It always just felt right.

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=380643 time=1660285386 user_id=57]
Woodlandman said:
Nimrod33 said:

Good to know. I thought its fine to use it since it's enlisted first on her description.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back