Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Yoga teacher training online

Draconi666

Hello, maybe someone has experience with these? Online yoga teacher training with certificate. And maybe have suggestions? I found there is a lot of misguidance there, so I would like to hear your opinion to make me easier to decide what to choose :)

Online teachers will not be able to personally guide you to better your poses and posture. Yes, you will get classes which can be legit, but that's that. Not much different than doing by video, which is free.

Henu the Great said:
Online teachers will not be able to personally guide you to better your poses and posture. Yes, you will get classes which can be legit, but that's that. Not much different than doing by video, which is free.

I’m looking for postures and in depth info about everythong else what includes these curses, to learn asanas I prefer better to go to good teacher for normal sessions, where I go time by time. Im looking if someone ever tried these online courses, because possibility that I have is only this for now, I don’t want to go to details by explaining all my situation, I m just looking for advice in choosing these, because a lot of them I found lectured by jews, or where is normal people there is misguidance also I noticed.

Useless and also it's really disgusting how some people can actually teach yoga after an online teacher training. Yoga needs to be taught by a teacher in the same room as you, preferably a one on one type of training.

I should make a correction on above misunderstanding.

Make sure that you choose something that is widely accepted as a standard. Other than that, I would say that purely online courses will not properly prepare you to be an instructor. To learn as well as possible one has to have person to person contact.

Henu the Great said:
I should make a correction on above misunderstanding.

Make sure that you choose something that is widely accepted as a standard. Other than that, I would say that purely online courses will not properly prepare you to be an instructor. To learn as well as possible one has to have person to person contact.

Thanks, I agree. I have aim to go to special place to learn it in person, I am just not able to do this now, so I look for something like online courses for now, since plans to go there was already for a long time…

TerKorian666 said:
Hello, maybe someone has experience with these? Online yoga teacher training with certificate. And maybe have suggestions? I found there is a lot of misguidance there, so I would like to hear your opinion to make me easier to decide what to choose :)
Regarding your spiritual advancement, I am sure that no outside yoga is better than the ones provided by JoS (Hatha and Kundalini yoga), also because those preaching them barely know anything about spirituality, I am not sure about physical health, whether there is better yoga outside JoS, or yoga that hasn't been recommended by more advanced members like Lydia. Even the opposite, yoga "teachers" can learn a lot from JoS

The Alchemist7 said:
TerKorian666 said:
Regarding your spiritual advancement, I am sure that no outside yoga is better than the ones provided by JoS (Hatha and Kundalini yoga), also because those preaching them barely know anything about spirituality, I am not sure about physical health, whether there is better yoga outside JoS, or yoga that hasn't been recommended by more advanced members like Lydia. Even the opposite, yoga "teachers" can learn a lot from JoS

I agree also, but I’m looking for these courses because there is a lot more information and very in depth and for other things that they offer, and for personal reasons. I’m also sure it is possible to untie truth from lies while studying. And I don’t want to explain every time why I choose this for now, I’m just wanting for help to choose if someone did something like that in the past it would be nice to hear opinion.

The Alchemist7 said:
While you are correct that those without have usually incorrect spiritual information, the asanas are proper and one can safely study them and learn them under the guidance of someone outside of our sphere.

The two pdfs provided by JoS are extremely narrow and provide an entry point and not much more. There is a whole world out there to explore and advancing with asanas outside of the above will catapult one to better physical and spiritual health.

Henu the Great said:
The two pdfs provided by JoS are extremely narrow and provide an entry point and not much more. There is a whole world out there to explore and advancing with asanas outside of the above will catapult one to better physical and spiritual health.
Actually I indeed remember the Kundalini Yoga PDF was saying that the content is a "basic series" or something similar, which automatically imply that there are more advanced Kundalini yoga practices but I've never seen them before. But there is this website listed on JoS which is a lot bigger than the two PDFs, probably this is where the two PDFs were created
http://www.pinklotus.org/-%20Kundalini%20Yoga%20kriyas%20english.htm

However even that basic kundalini yoga is very powerful and not really for beginners, when I was not having much time I was doing 27 reps instead of 108 and generally I was doing a 10 minutes session instead of about 25 as it takes with the full reps and still the generated heat was very intense, and that is most likely only a small stimulation of the Kundalini serpent, I haven't got to the point where the heat becomes nearly unbearable, which probably happen with more advanced or more intense sessions of Yoga

TerKorian666 said:

Take the physical classes.
You can get correction on the poses you are doing in one. You can't get that from a video.

Maybe they do explain things more in a video, that I do not know however.

Good Luck!

The Alchemist7 said:
Actually I indeed remember the Kundalini Yoga PDF was saying that the content is a "basic series" or something similar, which automatically imply that there are more advanced Kundalini yoga practices but I've never seen them before. But there is this website listed on JoS which is a lot bigger than the two PDFs, probably this is where the two PDFs were created
http://www.pinklotus.org/-%20Kundalini%20Yoga%20kriyas%20english.htm

However even that basic kundalini yoga is very powerful and not really for beginners, when I was not having much time I was doing 27 reps instead of 108 and generally I was doing a 10 minutes session instead of about 25 as it takes with the full reps and still the generated heat was very intense, and that is most likely only a small stimulation of the Kundalini serpent, I haven't got to the point where the heat becomes nearly unbearable, which probably happen with more advanced or more intense sessions of Yoga
Yes, the Kriyas available were shared to the western world by Yogi Bhajan beginning from around 1970s.

The amount of stimulation not only is about the potency of the practice, but also depends on one's individual makeup. Those heavier on the earth and fire side are able to sustain more of the stimulation, whereas water and air types less so.

The reason Basic Spinal Energy Series and Sat Kriya were chosen was that they stimulate the main chakras and facilitate the parhway for the Serpent to rise in the most direct way. This does not mean that they would be the one and only Kriyas rhat should be done.

The hatha yoga pdf is likewise a general mixture of basix bends to each direction plus one set of inverted asanas. There's literally dozens of more poses, some simpler and some more complex in nature for a person to master.

For someone to be a qualified instructor, the two routines should become so easy as to basically work only as a warmup. Generally anyone aspiring should have at least two to three years of daily practice under their belt whixh is actually listed on requirements when I looked up on this subject. However not having done a deep dive on the certifications I can't say more than that at this point.

TerKorian666 said:

Look into Brett Larkin. She offers courses for Hatha and KY. She seems to be one of the most reputable online teacher trainers.

Fyi, for others who commented here, teacher training is not about learning the asanas, it's about becoming accredited to teach yoga. So it can actually be a better option for some SS, to do it around our daily routines.

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=379611 time=1659867518 user_id=57]
TerKorian666 said:

Look into Brett Larkin. She offers courses for Hatha and KY. She seems to be one of the most reputable online teacher trainers.

Fyi, for others who commented here, teacher training is not about learning the asanas, it's about becoming accredited to teach yoga. So it can actually be a better option for some SS, to do it around our daily routines.

Her website: https://www.brettlarkin.com/

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=379612 time=1659867573 user_id=57]
Lydia [JG said:
TerKorian666 said:

Her website: https://www.brettlarkin.com/

Thank you!!🙏

Lydia [JG said:
Part of it would be to know the correct way to perform poses, no? To guide people in their personal needs one has to know about physiology, and poses for correction, no?

Henu the Great said:
Lydia [JG said:
Part of it would be to know the correct way to perform poses, no? To guide people in their personal needs one has to know about physiology, and poses for correction, no?

Yes, and the good teacher training courses include many resources for that. But I do understand your point, which leads to the fact that a lot of people who become trained to teach yoga simply are not good instructors, and they have to go back to having other jobs instead. Becoming a yoga instructor is a risky career move, as many fail at it.

An SS has an advantage though. We develop out psychic abilities, and can "feel" other people's bodies better than just through physical sight, we can tune into people. And we have the ability to be led to other resources we need.

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=379818 time=1659944639 user_id=57]
Henu the Great said:
Lydia [JG said:

Yes, and the good teacher training courses include many resources for that. But I do understand your point, which leads to the fact that a lot of people who become trained to teach yoga simply are not good instructors, and they have to go back to having other jobs instead. Becoming a yoga instructor is a risky career move, as many fail at it.

An SS has an advantage though. We develop out psychic abilities, and can "feel" other people's bodies better than just through physical sight, we can tune into people. And we have the ability to be led to other resources we need.
I see your point now. It is like with other choices, sometimes the choice is not compatible with how and who one is.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back