Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Working against excessive need for attention - Advice needed

Achatina Prisma

I want to do a working to reduce my excessive need for attention. It appears to be caused mainly by Venus in my chart, possibly Mercury as well to a lesser extent. It seems to stem specifically from karma related to social interactions, and increasing my self-esteem had no effect on my behaviour.

I have some ideas already, but I'm wondering if anyone happens to know any particular runes, planets or elements that may be useful for accomplishing this.

I'm aware that my behaviour makes me a nuisance to others. I'm able to keep it under control in person, but on the internet it's like all the brakes go loose, and I feel unable to control myself in that regard. I hate it.

This issue has been prevalent my whole life, so I want to make sure I approach this the right way. I figured it would be good to ask here, as some people seem knowledgeable about these things, or might have personal experience.

Any serious advice is appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Keep in mind to channel your need for attention to a productive end, that is, to help and advise others instead of, for example, always talking about your problems and life without first trying to solve them yourself.
This is what I can advise you. Improve your discipline as well.

Perhaps there's no need to mention this as it may be obvious from the planets I mentioned, but the issue seems to be with my Heart and Throat Chakras. When I did a Venus Square previously for something else, it seemed relieve the symptoms as a side effect during the square, but it has gotten worse than before since I finished it.

Fiery Pluto said:
Keep in mind to channel your need for attention to a productive end, that is, to help and advise others instead of, for example, always talking about your problems and life without first trying to solve them yourself.
This is what I can advise you. Improve your discipline as well.
That is a good point. Thank you.

My knowledge should be sufficient to figure this out on my own, so perhaps asking for advice was unnecessary and also just because I wanted to hear someone else's opinion. Not a good start.

Prisma said:
I want to do a working to reduce my excessive need for attention. It appears to be caused mainly by Venus in my chart, possibly Mercury as well to a lesser extent. It seems to stem specifically from karma related to social interactions, and increasing my self-esteem had no effect on my behaviour.

I have some ideas already, but I'm wondering if anyone happens to know any particular runes, planets or elements that may be useful for accomplishing this.

I'm aware that my behaviour makes me a nuisance to others. I'm able to keep it under control in person, but on the internet it's like all the brakes go loose, and I feel unable to control myself in that regard. I hate it.

This issue has been prevalent my whole life, so I want to make sure I approach this the right way. I figured it would be good to ask here, as some people seem knowledgeable about these things, or might have personal experience.

Since you would be simply removing negative aspects of yourself, this can be accomplished in a standard freeing format, with either Ansuz or Munka. Although it is helpful to know which planets or other aspects are specifically involved, this is not actually required, since you already have the idea of the problem in your head. This can also span multiple aspects or planets, as well.

Freeing this negative karma from yourself would retain its positive elements. For example, if this is Venus/Libra related, then perhaps it would leave you feeling social and loving, but no longer stressed without immediate reciprocation.

If this problem occurs more on the Internet than in in-person settings, this suggests it may be manifesting through your outer houses, like the 10th and 11th, rather than the "more personal" ones.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=376311 time=1658354030 user_id=21286]
Prisma said:

Since you would be simply removing negative aspects of yourself, this can be accomplished in a standard freeing format, with either Ansuz or Munka. Although it is helpful to know which planets or other aspects are specifically involved, this is not actually required, since you already have the idea of the problem in your head. This can also span multiple aspects or planets, as well.

Freeing this negative karma from yourself would retain its positive elements. For example, if this is Venus/Libra related, then perhaps it would leave you feeling social and loving, but no longer stressed without immediate reciprocation.

If this problem occurs more on the Internet than in in-person settings, this suggests it may be manifesting through your outer houses, like the 10th and 11th, rather than the "more personal" ones.
I was thinking along the lines of Munka and Ansuz as well. I wondered if there was a more specific way to offset the negative aspects of Venus, but you're right that that isn't necessary (and on second thought, such an approach might even cause negative side effects). Simply directing the energy from Munka and Ansuz to the relevant chakras with a suitable affirmation for resolving the problem should be fine.

For example, if this is Venus/Libra related, then perhaps it would leave you feeling social and loving, but no longer stressed without immediate reciprocation.
Yes, that sounds lovely. I want to shift away from seeking excessive amounts of online interaction (including in negative ways, unfiltered ranting, trying to provoke reactions, etc.), and direct my focus to the positive and healthy interactions I have in person instead, amplifying those.

You're spot on regarding the houses. Your knowledge about these matters speaks for itself. I feel more confident in my ability to deal with this issue after hearing your thoughts on it, so thank you very much.

Prisma said:
I was thinking along the lines of Munka and Ansuz as well. I wondered if there was a more specific way to offset the negative aspects of Venus, but you're right that that isn't necessary (and on second thought, such an approach might even cause negative side effects). Simply directing the energy from Munka and Ansuz to the relevant chakras with a suitable affirmation for resolving the problem should be fine.

For example, if this is Venus/Libra related, then perhaps it would leave you feeling social and loving, but no longer stressed without immediate reciprocation.
Yes, that sounds lovely. I want to shift away from seeking excessive amounts of online interaction (including in negative ways, unfiltered ranting, trying to provoke reactions, etc.), and direct my focus to the positive and healthy interactions I have in person instead, amplifying those.

You're spot on regarding the houses. Your knowledge about these matters speaks for itself. I feel more confident in my ability to deal with this issue after hearing your thoughts on it, so thank you very much.

If you broaden your programming, such a working can easily extend beyond certain chakras or planets, so make you don't unnecessarily limit yourself. For example, if you make the programming "This X energy has permanently removed any obstacles towards my interactions with others, in the best way for me.", it would start with your major problems first, then work down to minor problems with other planets.

In the case that I have done broader workings, certain problems had come up that I was not even aware had existed. Maybe eventually I could've speculated about their existence from staring at my astrology for long enough, but certain astrological placements can also manifest in a variety of ways, as well. So not always easy to tell what the exact karma is.

I remember that we talked about removing negative karma before. It does not need to be a complicated process. Imagine Ansuz or Munka as a friendly eraser for any negative karmic factors. All you need to do is just "point and shoot" since you already know what problems you are facing. Anything stressful or negative can be removed in some manner.

And, if certain problems feel too big to tackle or otherwise greatly frustrate, that is all the more reason to attempt their removal. Correct programming, in conjunction with cleaning and protection, will make any negative manifestations of removal manageable, and much better than the full manifestation of any negative karma.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=376461 time=1658421154 user_id=21286]
Prisma said:

If you broaden your programming, such a working can easily extend beyond certain chakras or planets, so make you don't unnecessarily limit yourself. For example, if you make the programming "This X energy has permanently removed any obstacles towards my interactions with others, in the best way for me.", it would start with your major problems first, then work down to minor problems with other planets.

In the case that I have done broader workings, certain problems had come up that I was not even aware had existed. Maybe eventually I could've speculated about their existence from staring at my astrology for long enough, but certain astrological placements can also manifest in a variety of ways, as well. So not always easy to tell what the exact karma is.

I remember that we talked about removing negative karma before. It does not need to be a complicated process. Imagine Ansuz or Munka as a friendly eraser for any negative karmic factors. All you need to do is just "point and shoot" since you already know what problems you are facing. Anything stressful or negative can be removed in some manner.

And, if certain problems feel too big to tackle or otherwise greatly frustrate, that is all the more reason to attempt their removal. Correct programming, in conjunction with cleaning and protection, will make any negative manifestations of removal manageable, and much better than the full manifestation of any negative karma.

You're right. I sometimes overcomplicate things like this, due to my tendency to overly focus on details, losing sight of the bigger picture. I know the problem already in a broader sense, so I just need to erase it, regardless of the details. It's as simple as that.

Since the aforementioned tendency sometimes causes bothersome misunderstandings (even in person), perhaps it is tangentially related to an extent sufficient for it to be affected by this as well. If not, I can do a working for that too.

Thank you again for your advice, I'm glad I asked after all. You are blessed, and a blessing to those around you, as always.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back