Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Internet Addiction

asdfghj

Hi,

can Satan help with my internet addiction please, which I have since we got DSL in 2002.

I reduced the time I spent on the internet the recent years to max. 2 hrs a day.

Thanks,

Martin

You ain't an addict if your able to resist temptation and set limitations on how often you partake in something.
And hey at least your not drinking. But if you must here's what I do when sitting and feeling unproductive.
Every 20 or so minutes get up and down 20 pushups. Then situps. Then squats. Rinse and repeat.
Workout during anime intros. Workout for every game of Dota or League of legenda you Win. Ect.

If most of those 2 hours is done to educate yourself then what's the problem here? Looks like you've been able to fix this already if this is the case.

If you feel like you can't not spend a day without looking at social media or other escapist material in the internet then that's a different and an actual problem.

Most people who have a lot of escapist tendencies and interested in spirituality will find that meditation and studying philosophy is the best substitute. Philosophy gives one higher thoughts to have instead of nonsense that just wastes time and mental energy.

Ironically meditations like void will help a person be able to handle the here and now, the present. It might feel a little off depending on how bad it is at first but after a while these escapist tendencies will give way to being able to live in the present without the ugly reality we live in affecting you no where as near as bad as it is now since one is able to shut off unwanted feelings and/or thoughts.

Some more detail about your addiction would help too.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back