Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Sitkari Serpent Hissing Breath

GoldenxChild1

I never understood why every other source instructs that this particular breath is done with teeth clenched and drawn through the teeth. Why do we curl the tongue and not clench the teeth?

Speaking of that, I can never find the right way to curl the tongue towards the top of the mouth, it's rather too light or too hard.

Any advice on this breath? I want to master it but this one as simple as it seems is giving me difficulty.

Clenching the teeth does nothing but strain and waste time. I believe this can be a form of mistranslation, as many times the energy of the head can be felt in the pressure of the teeth as well.

You simply focus of the feeling and sound, not on the actual motion of the tongue. As you place your focus on hissing and the inhale, or exhale you have succeeded. Don't strain your tongue, the tongue is delicate and precious.

Also you might confuse with Sithali? With the hissing breath there's no curling, but slightly moving the tongue up, close to the upper palate, just so you produce a hissing sound.

NakedPluto said:
Clenching the teeth does nothing but strain and waste time. I believe this can be a form of mistranslation, as many times the energy of the head can be felt in the pressure of the teeth as well.

You simply focus of the feeling and sound, not on the actual motion of the tongue. As you place your focus on hissing and the inhale, or exhale you have succeeded. Don't strain your tongue, the tongue is delicate and precious.

Also you might confuse with Sithali? With the hissing breath there's no curling, but slightly moving the tongue up, close to the upper palate, just so you produce a hissing sound.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I think I am confused as when I place my tongue slightly up and inhale the air passes on each side of my tongue through each side of my cheeks but the instructions say to keep a small space and does not mention what I described. Furthermore, on reversed Sitkari I can place the tongue so lightly that air passes between a small gap between the tip of my tongue and the roof of my mouth but I can't do it the same way with the other variation.

I know this sounds confusing and over analyzed so I apologies in advance.

In my opinion, breathing exercises are not very necessary. I think the most important thing is meditation.

Sunny said:
In my opinion, breathing exercises are not very necessary. I think the most important thing is meditation.
They are essential for advancement.

Then again, individual needs are different. So different people put emphasis on different areas.

But to make an absolute statement such as you did is not very correct way to illustrate neccesities.

I think that most people don't practice breathing exercises as there is little to no knowledge available on what each one does. Therefore assigning it little importance.
Most individuals usually only see breathing as a means to relax and don't see the power associated with it as opposed to mantra & chakra meditation.

HS.

Henu the Great said:
Sunny said:

Then again, individual needs are different. So different people put emphasis on different areas.

But to make an absolute statement such as you did is not very correct way to illustrate neccesities.

Henu the Great said:
Sunny said:

I think the other things are complementary to meditation.

Henu the Great said:
Sunny said:

I did not say anything absolute about this, I just stated my opinion.

Sunny said:

While certain items can be substituted for others, each exercise has its specific functions and effects on the body. Balancing and stretching all your nadis, as you do with hatha yoga, would be much harder to do with meditations alone, for example.

The same applies to breathing exercises. As an example of one that is not complimentary, view the
"Breath of Lucifer's Grail:
This breath is somewhat advanced and works to connect the male and female aspects of the grail. This is very important for the Magnum Opus. One should already be competent with breathing exercises and in working with energy.

1. Breathe in through your base chakra to your solar [666] chakra.

2. Hold your breath as long as you can, comfortably, and focus on your 6th chakra/pineal gland. You should feel a bit of pressure on the 6th chakra.

3. Exhale, and repeat for as many rounds as is comfortable.

What this does: this breathing exercise connects the all-important pineal gland/6th chakra [female aspect] to the 666 solar chakra [male aspect]. A powerful energy link must be established between these two chakras in order to perform the Magnum Opus.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=377398 time=1658849847 user_id=21286]
Sunny said:

While certain items can be substituted for others, each exercise has its specific functions and effects on the body. Balancing and stretching all your nadis, as you do with hatha yoga, would be much harder to do with meditations alone, for example.

The same applies to breathing exercises. As an example of one that is not complimentary, view the
"Breath of Lucifer's Grail:
This breath is somewhat advanced and works to connect the male and female aspects of the grail. This is very important for the Magnum Opus. One should already be competent with breathing exercises and in working with energy.

1. Breathe in through your base chakra to your solar [666] chakra.

2. Hold your breath as long as you can, comfortably, and focus on your 6th chakra/pineal gland. You should feel a bit of pressure on the 6th chakra.

3. Exhale, and repeat for as many rounds as is comfortable.

What this does: this breathing exercise connects the all-important pineal gland/6th chakra [female aspect] to the 666 solar chakra [male aspect]. A powerful energy link must be established between these two chakras in order to perform the Magnum Opus.

Yes of course they are necessary and useful things.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back