Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

"Chinese Confinement": Postpartum Care and Societal Issues

Lunar Dance 666

Not long ago the following video ended up in my suggestions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0veTFRTMcT8

I urge everyone, especially women, that you watch the video yourself.
Here is a short summary that touches upon the subjects talked about.

-Plenty of Rest
-Herbal treatment and foods (they need to be warm foods. No cold foods allowed.).
-Showering and washing the hair with herbal solutions. No clear water or dirty water allowed.
-Binding of the belly. To aid in healing the stretched muscles and to get everything back in place properly.
- ?

This video has really opened my eyes to things that I didn't know before.

About pregnancy:
Pregnancy causes such big changes within the body, that it can be comparable to a trauma, to make it easier to understand. The extra weight is pressing on the veins, often causing varicose veins in the legs, the organs shift to different places. Extra pressure on the bladder, causing one to pee more. At some point the places where the pelvic bones connect loosen up so that there is more space for the babys head to go through. Sometimes after birth this doesn't restructure itself properly causing symphysis pubis dysfunction.
There is also a lot of blood loss included at childbirth AND after.
During the pregnancy there is also a hormone that puts the immunesystem on a lower point of working/activity. This is so to not have a miscarriage or simply, if this doesnt happen, the fetus is discarded before a child can even be born.

=====================================================
I would also like to touch upon the following things that ended up in the comment section:

When someone breaks their leg or ends up in a car crash he or she isn't expected to go back to work right away, yet somehow it is (or seems to be) expected of a lot of new moms to do about everything right away??

In different cultures the support for moms at the postpartum seems to be different. There could be care from a family member, someone you hire, even centers. Sometimes a trusted friend would help out. It isn't just the partner alone that should help out a little, but it is at least expected to have a little understanding for your partner as to what she is going through.

Being a mom is a 24/7 job. It never ends. With the breaking down of society, the support system is also breaking down.
Also, household tasks and cleaning or chores is also WORK, for those that are oblivious to the fact. It takes labor to keep things clean and organized.

The typical idea of 'man takes care of his family' and the woman is 'the housewife' isn't working either. When you are at your most vulnerable you'd want someone to take care of you or at least to stand by your side and support you.
Being away all day, coming home, expecting there to be food on the table, and not helping out at all.. Does not make one feel supported. It is in the things that you do together, that you come together. Not if there is distance. You might as well be strangers.
This is why the above stereotype / relationship is not working and is pushing women into the state of a dependent victim.

Everyone is welcome to comment.

Why did this post not get much attention? It's informative and eye opening.

I hope especially the conservative crowd pays attention to this. If you put a baby in a woman's belly, you're responsible for their well-being. That means more than just bringing home a paycheck.

If all you are to a woman is a seed donor and a sugar daddy then you're a dime a dozen, and she can get that elsewhere. More is expected of you than just that.

Be a man, and take care of your loved ones when they need your strength.

When I was the only child before my another sibling was born my mom had no trouble taking care of me alone. Not as single mother, but as primary caretaker. Father was working and was around as time allowed. After my sibling came around things intesified as there were many hospital visits and sleepless nights. I asked how she coped, she said she just did and due to tiredness there was a period of going through haze.

Henu the Great said:
When I was the only child before my another sibling was born my mom had no trouble taking care of me alone. Not as single mother, but as primary caretaker. Father was working and was around as time allowed. After my sibling came around things intesified as there were many hospital visits and sleepless nights. I asked how she coped, she said she just did and due to tiredness there was a period of going through haze.

One of my grandparents had a similar story, said she had no time to destress because the children needed to eat, and she was a single mom, which was kind of taboo back then.

You just go into survival mode. All other things don't matter as much.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back