Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Spotting an afflicted or debilitated sun

Shadowcat

Special thanks to Blackdragon666 for his collaboration!

The sun represents our ego, vitality, our identity in all its forms and our confidence therein. It is a measure of our health and energy, represents the personality and self expression. It rules the solar plexus chakra, which is the seat of the human soul.
It is a parental planet, in this case representing the father, also men in ones life in general along with Mars. The sun rules our children, our relations with children in general and how we gain honors and fame, our reputation. As the sun is also strongly connected to our will and executing our desires, it is also essential in magick as a strong will and confidence in your abilities is essential for success in manifesting your desires in reality. This needs a very strong solar chakra! Any aspects that interfere with this must be sublimated ASAP.

It is tied to precious metals, gold especially, how we lead and even IF we lead and how we look at leadership and authority as a whole as well as our trust in authority.

If someone's Saturn is conjunct or in harsh aspect to your sun as your chart ruler or co-ruler, they are likely to be someone that can potentially ruin your reputation or that of your father, or someone that harms or hinders your children in some way. They may also do something completely disgraceful at the very least, or leave a deep wound on you that significantly affects your self esteem. They could quite literally be someone that is an energy vampire, someone who zaps you of all your vitality in every way. They could literally prove to be bad for your health.

A generally debilitated sun can manifest in a variety of ways including physical, mental and emotional ailments. Signs of general ailment or problems in life include:
Weakness in constitution, physically or psychologically, especially with harsh aspects from Saturn and Neptune, or with Mars and Neptune also. The sun in the 6th house can give a propensity to health issues which can also have bad effects on the self esteem, especially if the sun is in Virgo or if the chart in general has a Virgo chart ruler, or a Virgo emphasis. 12th house placement may indicate social emptiness or sadness and low energy from isolation, especially for extroverts. This can be emphasized if Saturn is in the 11th or 7th house or if Pluto is retrograde in the chart or also in the 7th or 11th house.

One's reputation may suffer if their sun is aspecting an unfortunate fixed star that brings some form of dishonor, or disgrace to the reputation. This can be amplified if there are aspects that give narcissistic tendencies, or ones that make it easy to manifest situations with coming in contact with the wrong people at the wrong times. Their professional life may suffer somehow and authority figures may have either always shown bad examples, or were weak, if one has their sun aspecting Neptune. One maybe in a position or come from a background that has caused them to hate or distrust all form of authority all together, or have had constant situations where their father or parents did not stand up for or protect them. Getting a bad rep at work especially among bosses and prominent coworkers can be a huge issue.

They may have problems or hangups about material wealth and money or handling money. They may have issues a lot with the bank or third party creditors or have a line of bad credit which can hurt them in a lot of material aspects of living, as well as their reputation with handling money.

Physical and or health issues may occur in the life or be inborn, such as:
-Heart problems, such as palpitations, born with a hole in your heart, or leaky heart valve issues (one good example is mitral valve prolapse) A very weak or troublesome cardiopulmonary endurance. If you are one of those who want to gag from a hard run due to a lack of oxygen and are always at the low end of performance in this fitness area especially despite constant hard work, then this is probably a result of a debilitated or weakened sun, as the sun rules the heart, arteries, blood vessels and spine. Spine problems may be present such as scoliosis, especially if the sun is debilitated or afflicted as the chart ruler or in the first house. If the sun is in one or both of these placements in a harsh aspect to mars or Saturn, spinal injuries may also occur if other factors in the chart support propensities for extreme activities or hobbies (will usually show in the 5th house) or with a Midheaven in Aries , Scorpio or Leo. Hernias and slipped disks may also be a risk as a result of abusing the body in terms of lifting.

Especially if the sun is the chart ruler or in the 1st house or otherwise prominent and on the 7th degree of Leo conjunct the star, Praesepe, or the 6th degree of Aquarius, There may be trouble with eyesight even with blindness or near blindness as an extreme result, even from birth. If this results later in life, it may come from glaucoma or cataracts, ones that can even be due to diabetes if other factors in the chart support this, for example with Jupiter ruling the pancreas at 6 degrees of cancer without much inhibition. Diabetes is also a disease that ruins circulation significantly, and this along with eyesight trouble makes it certainly a disease that is also somewhat connected to an afflicted sun.

Psychologically as far as the sun is concerned as far as I see it, has a difference between debilitation and general affliction, as debilitation also implies weakness exclusively, where as affliction implies troubles or energies that do not mix well that cause conflict or other to manifest, and the latter thus may especially count for a prominent sun that has no debilitation/weakness, but that the affliction and troubles that arise may come from the sun or ego, being "too big". There is a difference between having full confidence in oneself and self awareness VS. being an egopathic narcissist.

One one side of the scale of problematic psychological symptoms we have debilitation or a very weak sun:
Someone with a very negative self image. They think they are never good enough, and in some cases always feel like they have to prove themselves. They always feel like they are doing something wrong or that something could be fundamentally wrong with them. This will be very prominent with harsh aspects to Saturn and Neptune, giving low self esteem, and confusion as to the identity and the self and doubt of ones personal ability. In this case, the house the sun is placed in shows where the person is lacking self worth or suffering. Aspects from saturn and neptune can amplify this , but the house the sun is in will be most affected on its own, with the two other planets causing problems in their houses from their own ends due to their own natures also, that could indirectly affect the sun or its affairs.
These aspects also indicate a troubled relationship with men, and the father in particular, as far as some sort of victimization, bad examples or even abuse. Women especially may grow up hating their fathers and might possibly develop an innate hatred towards the opposite sex, especially if the sun aspects Pluto and or if mars aspects Saturn. These undermentioned placements and aspects can cause major psychological trauma that lasts through the life that gives a negative self view, especially if there is a strong Capricorn or Saturn emphasis. Saturn in the 7th and or Capricorn on the descendant exacerbates most if not all of above many times over. Neptune in the 7th or conjunct the descendant, or even the 5th house can give paranoia towards others over issues that are nonexistent, being prone to being swindled and deception, partially due to lack of self confidence and ones own senses also. If the sun is in certain aspects to the moon there can be certain experiences that come early on that leave the self esteem and sense of identity in bad shape as a result of emotional scarring, especially with the harsh aspects.

Neptune aspecting the sun can give a propensity to certain allergies, food allergies in particular, as well as a possibility to develop an addictive personality, if other factors in the chart, such as aspects with Pluto, the planet of obsession, are present.15, 22, and 25 degrees of Leo in particular on a prominent sun or other planet may give propensities to alcoholism. A prominent sun will certainly be afflicted by being conjunct any unfortunate degree no matter what sign it is in. The ego, identity, reputation or self esteem may suffer depending on the nature of the unfortunate start the sun conjuncts. Jupiter in aspect to the sun can sadly magnify this influence as well as any other aspect the sun receives from the other planets, as Jupiter amplifies whatever planet it aspects.

People on this far end of the spectrum suffer from constant emptiness, depression, sorrow, self hate, and in extreme cases thoughts of suicide. If water dominant or with a prominent Neptune in the chart, these emotions and feelings are felt much more intensely, with constant self delusion or delusions about others, as water dominant people absorb negativity much more intensely and their environment in general, which can add insult to injury on an already fragile self esteem and sense of worth that have already sustained enormous psychological trauma. This is especially true if the ascendant is in a water sign.

On the other far end of the spectrum of affliction and or prominent but problematic sun: These people first and foremost usually are overtly fire dominant or have at least 2 fire planets, usually Aries or Leo. I have seen one case where there was 5 Leo planets. They are first of all either the type of people who actually have the same set up as someone with bad self esteem, but due to some other differences in their charts or elemental make up in general will react to it differently and put on an "acting mask" of the one who is hot shit, when they are really nothing BUT, without the hot,

-OR-

Be the type that literally sees themselves as the center of the universe and are entirely incapable of understanding others at any capacity. Aspects to Venus can give extreme vanity or narcissism, even the soft ones, especially if there is a strong Aries or Leo emphasis. These people put their pride before even life and family almost and if anyone steps on it they are disposable. These people either have serious intimacy issues or suffer from extreme loneliness because of their inability to bond with others or reach someone on an emotional level or vice versa. They are often found to be unrelatable, seen as invulnerable, and even feared or either extremely admired or envied for their success or charisma. Leo or Sagittarius emphasis can give extreme arrogance or an opinionated personality, an elitist mentality to the extreme, especially if the sun is the chart ruler, or in the 10th house. These people often have very domineering or prestigious fathers or parents that see their children as an extension which imprints into the psyche into always having to be "the best."

If the sun is in Taurus on bad degrees, or on Algol they may either have a violent disposition, one that is rooted in their extreme pride, may be extremely ambitious, too much in fact, and can even be pathological liars. They may be extremely greedy when it comes to money or have a bad habit of hoarding, which probably comes from an unconscious void they are trying to fill in the first place because of their incapability of being able to connect and relate to other human beings. Demands for attention from others may be quite frequent however and often not well received.

A prominent but afflicted sun that manifests in the aforementioned ways to the extreme, is often seen in crooked business people, socio- or psychopaths, or the types who will step on anyone to get what they want. They may also be workaholics if 10th house placements are present combined with Saturnian or Capricorn influence, to the detriment of their own health, and the dismay of those around them. They can be extremely selfish, to the point of hurting others and not caring, or simply being completely oblivious.

The people with the aforementioned placements often also attract dangerous and jealous enemies or people seeking revenge, especially if their sun or chart ruler is conjunct 9 degrees of Gemini. This can also give a homicidal disposition especially with lack of water. If mars is in the 8th house or if Saturn is placed right for this, or if the enemy they make has their Saturn in harsh aspect to their ruler, the person can end up being murdered, either probably due to fucking someone over, causing lasting damage, or swindling someone out of money or a good reputation. Confrontation may often surround them, and if they are in any position of power danger will always look for them.

Elliot Rodger Not only had his ascendant in Leo, along with his chart ruler, but 2 other planets as well being mercury and Jupiter in the 12th house. His chart ruler was also on the cusp, and in the 11th house, which I have observed on this specific cusp, between Leo and Cancer, can give serious psychological and emotional inhibitions. Mercury was also close to, but not quite conjunct the violent 25 degrees of Leo. His Mars and Venus were also conjunct, which in men can give sexual selfishness and aggressive violent behavior towards the opposite sex If other factors permit, as well as sexual impulsivity. Before he went on his rampage, Elliot was violently beaten down for his abusive behavior. The only aspect his sun made to any planet in his chart was the opposition to Saturn in a tight orb of 3. Prominent, yet afflicted. We could say, given his self esteem issues and relations to others namely women, that he was the "put on mask fake hot shit" type. The attention whoring he attempted made this obvious. He is the one of several I have seen besides the other Leo emphasis person.

Whatever problem you might be having with your sun or your solar chakra can be fixed or sublimated. As for all the examples given of affliction and possibilities of problems manifesting there are people from all walks of life either having the misfortune of one extreme or the other or falling somewhere in the middle. Whatever the case maybe with you, you have the knowledge as an SS to have your sun, your ego and personality manifest in healthy positive ways for you that are also beneficial for others.

Planetary squares and runic workings, and even a freeing the soul working beforehand may be necessary in helping with any problems connected to your sun. Cleaning your chakras in general is essential. Affirmations associated with having a healthy sense of identity and self awareness can go a long way, as well as a mentality to want to seriously better one self.

As for the workings above especially if the sun is your chart ruler, you may find it beneficial to work with crystals related to the sun: pyrite, yellow agate, sun stone, citrine, diamond. The Sol rune in particular is connected to the latter and represents the final triumph and invincibility. Use that energy for solidifying your sense of self identity if you are insecure. If you are fire dominant or are often given feed back that you come off as too selfish, arrogant or impatient, try invoking some water or earth...It will really slow you down and open you up to put yourself in someone else's shoes and you will look like a real person for once instead of trying to look like superman which will most of the time be a fake act anyway!

"In a positive and healthy way for me I am now free of all afflictions and weakness from my sun and solar chakra in every way. I now have a healthy ego and identity with my natal sun now only manifesting in positive and healthy ways for me being full of energy now and forever."

One more thing to add about venus aspects to the sun that can be malefic in nature even, that comes from Maxine's notes:
This, especially with the conjunction is one of the aspects that can give extreme narcissism vanity and self centeredness.

a lot of the aforementioned examples also have this aspect, and this can manifest differently for men and women.

Thank you for making this post sister Shadowcat and brother Blackdragon. Looking at all of this actually makes me laugh a little at my predicament, it's all so obvious when I started to learn astrology. I hope this doesn't give too much away about my natal chart but I have my Sun in Virgo, in the 12th house, and in opposition to my Saturn. From a very young age I was dealing with major depressive disorder which was exasperated by me keeping my feelings and thoughts to myself and never asking for help or advice on how to deal with the issue. I was at my lowest in my early 20s when I finally broke and asked my father what to do, it was then I got informed that depression heavily runs in his side of the family as there are many suicides.

I am very grateful that I found Satan and decided to embark upon the satanic path. Being able to very clearly see the problem I have and given the tools to deal with it is very empowering and if not for it I am sure I would have already been in a casket by now. Thank you for giving more information about this annoyance I have and more motivation to keep getting it fixed, Sun square season is here soon haha.

Hail Satan!

The Sun represents vitality because its transformative fires can be used to create both yang energy and yin substance in the body (like blood). In that way, it fuels everything in the body, which Mars can only do partially. This is reflected in the physical Sun, which contains all the wavelengths of light, and is therefore universally useful.

As Shadowcat mentioned, our solar energies are the basis of our willpower, which is fundamental to witchcraft. It is very important to work on your natal Sun or other placements which may alter your willpower, for that reason.

Going forward in our world, it is also important to have strong karma relating to wealth, part of which will come from a strong Sun.

For all these reasons, I would expect many to attempt a Sun Square when the Sun enters Leo. If one does not feel confident in handling a Square, they can use the same planetary mantra, but configured into a 40-day working, instead.

Thank you for this very informative post you are very helpful, then having low self esteem and self confidence and at the same time trying sometimes to be overly authoritative may have its root in a weakened or aflicted sun.

Do you mind if I translate this post for the Italian forum?
There is always a great interest in astrology by many and the information you share is very useful.

TheAbyss said:
Do you mind if I translate this post for the Italian forum?
There is always a great interest in astrology by many and the information you share is very useful.

Please by all means! if you look in the search function, there is also a post for mars that i wrote as well, "spotting a debilitated mars"

More articles are coming soon also for the rest of the planets as well as the angles so be on the look out :).

with this being said, anyone is free to translate these. Be aware of possible updates however. Once again, if anyone has anything else pertinent to add to any of these articles please do so.

Wotanwarrior said:
Thank you for this very informative post you are very helpful, then having low self esteem and self confidence and at the same time trying sometimes to be overly authoritative may have its root in a weakened or aflicted sun.

Glad to have helped. Thanks also for your reference to the other post, and of course to Blitz who wrote it in the first place, this is also something that is going to be helpful to me. AS a matter of fact, i'm taking it into consideration when writing the articles on the transcendental planets also, and will be sure to post it as a reference in their articles.

The sun by the way as we all know, is exhalted in aries, its homesign is in leo. this combined with the sun being in the 10th house can make it quite prominent, as the sun is also exalted in the 10th house. Aspects from saturn here can be 5050 either adding discipline and humility, or lowering the self esteem too much, which can crowd out the other benefic placements. The sol rune and sun square for these are a given in this case, as well as sublimating and bringing out the positive aspects between saturn and the sun.

Shadowcat said:
The sun by the way as we all know, is exhalted in aries, its homesign is in leo. this combined with the sun being in the 10th house can make it quite prominent, as the sun is also exalted in the 10th house. Aspects from saturn here can be 5050 either adding discipline and humility, or lowering the self esteem too much, which can crowd out the other benefic placements. The sol rune and sun square for these are a given in this case, as well as sublimating and bringing out the positive aspects between saturn and the sun.

Does deep cleaning cuts planetary negative karma as well? Or it only cuts down past life negative karma?

Shadowcat said:
Please by all means! if you look in the search function, there is also a post for mars that i wrote as well, "spotting a debilitated mars"
Thank you, I will do that very soon. Yes, I was also considering to translate the one about Mars.
I will include replies with additional information, like Blitzkreig's and of course yours.

Shadowcat said:
More articles are coming soon also for the rest of the planets as well as the angles so be on the look out :).
Very nice! c:

Representation, finally and unfortunately, having saturn as ruler in the chart is a real disgrace, this planet is a disservice, honestly, what makes a capricorn be someone closed, boring, dry, that's what this planet does to the individual, it never ends practically bad luck and injustice, but there is a being called Shiva who helped me and worked miracles in my life to correct every imbalance.

For those who have identified, run to their solutions called magic square and works of 40 days or more.
believe me, if you are in doubt on which subject to prioritize ask a god closest to you or even lord Satan.

I have i've experienced all my life saturn at its peak, there's nothing good about the exaggeration of all my life i was born.
And I'm going to advance much more towards happiness, joy, prosperity, health, and lightness, everything that doesn't match saturn, in healthy ways, of course :twisted:

Free yourself from unlogic pain and suffering.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back