Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Large JoS Project in Progress - Help Wanted

Blitzkreig [JG]

Hello everyone,

For some time now, I and others have been working on a project to further improve the accessibility of JoS information as a whole. For security reasons, I would like to avoid going into specific details, although this secrecy will not exist forever. For now, there is no reason to draw unnecessary attention beyond this point.

This project is ongoing with some users onboard, however, the scope of this project can extend way into the future. It is better to have many people acquainted and helping sooner, rather than later, to spread the workload and ensure there are no unnecessary delays.

Overall, this project is not necessarily hard, but it can be tedious and detail-specific. At later stages, a degree of mental planning may be needed for larger organization of text and other content. To protect the integrity of JoS content during this project, volunteers will need to follow some guidelines to ensure nothing is erroneously altered or edited. Unfortunately, this process may stifle some of the more creative or passionate minds, but not indefinitely.

If you believe you are capable of the above and can donate 30 minutes to an hour every couple of days, then please send me an email, where I can provide further instructions.

Thank you for your consideration.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=370872 time=1656645981 user_id=21286]
Hello everyone,

For some time now, I and others have been working on a project to further improve the accessibility of JoS information as a whole. For security reasons, I would like to avoid going into specific details, although this secrecy will not exist forever. For now, there is no reason to draw unnecessary attention beyond this point.

This project is ongoing with some users onboard, however, the scope of this project can extend way into the future. It is better to have many people acquainted and helping sooner, rather than later, to spread the workload and ensure there are no unnecessary delays.

Overall, this project is not necessarily hard, but it can be tedious and detail-specific. At later stages, a degree of mental planning may be needed for larger organization of text and other content. To protect the integrity of JoS content during this project, volunteers will need to follow some guidelines to ensure nothing is erroneously altered or edited. Unfortunately, this process may stifle some of the more creative or passionate minds, but not indefinitely.

If you believe you are capable of the above and can donate 30 minutes to an hour every couple of days, then please send me an email, where I can provide further instructions.

Thank you for your consideration.

I don't have the time, nor your general trust, but I hope it works out. Good luck.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=370872 time=1656645981 user_id=21286]
Hello everyone,

:) ;)

Spine said:
Is it a necessity to be a native English speaker?

Not necessarily. It is more important that you are willing to take the time to format text. Although this requires some skills of language, it is more about effort and patience.

The larger problem I see is that this work would be taking you away from the creation of translations. For some languages, there are only a few people who can do translation work, whereas more people could contribute to this project.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=371123 time=1656709450 user_id=21286]
Spine said:

Not necessarily. It is more important that you are willing to take the time to format text. Although this requires some skills of language, it is more about effort and patience.

The larger problem I see is that this work would be taking you away from the creation of translations. For some languages, there are only a few people who can do translation work, whereas more people could contribute to this project.
I would like to know more details, I premise that I am not so good in English, in fact I use the translator every time.

If you leave me your protonmail address I can write to you there, then I'll post a reply on the forum with what account I wrote to you on protonmail.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
Spine said:

30 minutes a day is nothing. Still, I would like to know the details and then determine whether I can help.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
Spine said:

I'm sitting home doing nothing until August. I can spare an hour or more on this.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=371206 time=1656743918 user_id=21286]
Bump. Thank you to those who have responded thus far.
I sent you an e-mail. Please check it.

Veritá_666 said:
I would like to know more details, I premise that I am not so good in English, in fact I use the translator every time.

If you leave me your protonmail address I can write to you there, then I'll post a reply on the forum with what account I wrote to you on protonmail.

Did you already email me? If not, you can email me here: [email protected]

Currently, the project is in English. I will let you judge whether you can do the job well or not. Otherwise, this project will eventually expand into other languages.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=372124 time=1656976712 user_id=21286]
Veritá_666 said:

Did you already email me? If not, you can email me here: [email protected]

Currently, the project is in English. I will let you judge whether you can do the job well or not. Otherwise, this project will eventually expand into other languages.
I sent you a message from this e-mail:
[email protected]

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back