Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Regarding Assumptions

HPS Lydia

In school, I learned a saying. I have always remembered this throughout my life, and doing so has allowed me to keep my mind open to higher understanding, if not right away then for a later time. I felt strongly urged to write and post this a few weeks ago, as I’m sure it will help others here.

Have a look at the letters that make up the word “assume”….

The saying was, when you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME.

ASS+U+ME = ASSUME

Another famous saying is: “Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups.”

Assuming is low-minded. We SS need to have a higher mind. Stay open to learning, and ask questions. Never assume! Keep your mind open, knowing that you may not have all the facts. Never let your mind snap shut on an assumption about anything or anyone.

I agree. My online life would be easier if we all did.
I have too many ideas at once in my fat head to say things properly and it's very frustrating when people automatically assume the worst about me before even deigning themselves to ask one, simple question :evil: :evil:

This is like my motto. Because of the strange things that happened to me I started to believe more experiences other people shared here pver the the years.

Yes if you simply assume something without looking into it you later are likely to find out it's wrong.

To be honest some of the things I posted about a year ago I really should have looked more into before posting. I didn't understand it fully. Now I understand some of these things much better and I made some errors that may even make a working I created not useful as it would be targeting the wrong kind of energy or energy not related to what I thought it was.

So yeah first time you experience see or sense something don't just post about it like your an expert that is dumb and I admit I was dumb on that 🤣 too.

I take time to try to look into things a lot more now before posting them.

I agree with everything here except for the absolute statement of "never assume."

Assumptions have their time and place, and sometimes in life they are necessary.

That being said, I don't believe most of us are in a set of circumstances, especially within the context of the forums here, where we would really ever be required to make assumptions. We have the privilege to go without making assumptions.

Whether everyone uses that privilege is another matter, and I hope we all will benefit from this post.

Thank you.

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=370587 time=1656576339 user_id=57]

This is good advice that can apply to many different people or situations.
It is not that assumptions or estimations have no purpose, but we cannot base major decisions or feelings on them.

Many times in my past I would skim over something before stopping and thinking "yeah yeah, I already know all this..." Lol!
Even if I "knew" the main topic, I would miss critical details, in addition to my initial error of being impatient.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=370861 time=1656638496 user_id=21286]
Lydia [JG said:

This is good advice that can apply to many different people or situations.
It is not that assumptions or estimations have no purpose, but we cannot base major decisions or feelings on them.

Many times in my past I would skim over something before stopping and thinking "yeah yeah, I already know all this..." Lol!
Even if I "knew" the main topic, I would miss critical details, in addition to my initial error of being impatient.

Sometimes in regards to people our intuition can say a lot about them. But people call it assumption and get offended even if our intuition turns out to be true, so i think assumptions in many cases are actually our intuition, so it is important in some cases.

CaspianTheDreamer said:
Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=370861 time=1656638496 user_id=21286]
Lydia [JG said:
Sometimes in regards to people our intuition can say a lot about them. But people call it assumption and get offended even if our intuition turns out to be true, so i think assumptions in many cases are actually our intuition, so it is important in some cases.
This is true, knowing the difference between assumptions and intuition.

Druas said:
Try working on your throat chakra more, for better and clearer communication with others. But that aside, it isn't our fault other people in our lives are like that, so there is only so much we can do.

Flowers of Adonis said:
It might be more like making a cautious opinion and staying open to the idea that it can change based on further information learned later.

CaspianTheDreamer said:

Oh my, a fellow intuition enjoyer, I see ;) I, too, am blessed with this gift and it also paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains me when other people think *I'm* the one assuming things when *I'm* the one putting in a lot of effort to get to know a person's past and make solid, logical conclusions from such. Internal Intuition is what most people don't have (and what most people in the spiritual communities strive to achieve. Zen is nothing more than the activation of the prefrontal cortex and people with internal intuition have it on by default. Doesn't mean it's necessarily strong or anything. Like any other feature of the body, you must cultivate and train it.)

I wanted to throw my 2 cents into this thread when it first came out but I decided to wait. I wanted to see who would respond in a "yes I agree buuuuuuut..." fashion. Lo and behold, only one did. Very telling.

So assumptions are what other's "see" what we do because they "assume" /we/ are "assuming"! How silly is that? Yet we're supposed to be held by the same standard of "not assuming"? It can make things difficult but usually this is rarely an issue and only becomes a problem if you accidentally "reveal" a person's true intention that they didn't want revealed.

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=371504 time=1656841910 user_id=57]
Flowers of Adonis said:
It might be more like making a cautious opinion and staying open to the idea that it can change based on further information learned later.

Absolutely.

I was thinking of decisions a leader has to make in the absence of perfect information, but as more information becomes available they adjust.

Data is incredibly valuable.

What's not good is when people buy into their assumptions even when new facts are discovered and/or brought to light, like I believe you are suggesting here. Science has often suffered from this sort of old timer dogma which caused it to stay stuck in place, but this has more recently switched extremes and now we have the opposite problem where science isn't stable anymore.

Balance can be hard, but we must.

Lydia [JG said:
In school, I learned a saying. I have always remembered this throughout my life, and doing so has allowed me to keep my mind open to higher understanding, if not right away then for a later time. I felt strongly urged to write and post this a few weeks ago, as I’m sure it will help others here.

Have a look at the letters that make up the word “assume”….

The saying was, when you ASSUME, you make an ASS out of U and ME.

ASS+U+ME = ASSUME

Another famous saying is: “Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups.”

Assuming is low-minded. We SS need to have a higher mind. Stay open to learning, and ask questions. Never assume! Keep your mind open, knowing that you may not have all the facts. Never let your mind snap shut on an assumption about anything or anyone.

This is applicable for anyone trying to achieve anything desirable. I felt inspired to reply to this with kind of a metaphor.

Some people like to jump the gun on things, and sometimes we don't have a choice but to make our best estimate at how things are and act/speak accordingly. We're all always walking a fine and beautiful line in life. In some cases with a lot of trust - taking action in the spur of the moment is life changing for the better with a lot of trust. People don't need to shoot bullets at roses, yet for some reason they do. And then they create an ugly and untimely death for the rose. If we're blessed then the winds change, or we leap off of an edge and change it ourselves, the rose dodges the bullets and gets to live out a life uninterrupted by brutality that served no purpose.

Things that pose a great threat or interruption to the natural cycles of innocent life are like jews.

A clear and level head at all times in determining our next steps, its the best way. But sometimes a spark can light up that can't be ignored. Sparks are meant to be followed.

Assumptions when necessary are hopefully well-intended and well-guided. They're never the best option.

Faith and hope do have purposes for things like prevailing too.

Also told my mom about the quote that you posted without saying where from, it makes an awesome point. Especially to people who need it.

I don't think assumption is all that bad in small quantities. I think it affects others more than some others.

For example assuming a neighborhood is bad. I once did a job whereby I go in I didn't notice anything but the guy opened up the door I handed him the package told him I was doing. And he's like "Oh great good to hear I was worried as we had some break ins in our neighborhood and some houses and cars were broken into".

I was like "Shame to hear anyways gotta go".

The thing about assumption is it could be a method to project higher intelligence for example someone says something and you have a flash of superstition pop up. It's not wrong perhaps more specifically assumptions are a monkey-see, monkey-do mentality it's a primal intuitive flash of superstition to understand an object.

For example they say Nikolai Tesla had engineering siddhis. He can view an object bring it in focus to his mind and deconstruct it, reconstruct it and then he intuitively knows how to dismantle and reconstruct the object in question. If said case is like that.

Then isn't the obvious of assumption merely the use of spirituality and mentality in an ignorant manner assuming lack of spirituality.

It seems almost like a spiritual property. Of course the thing is that assumptions are just another mental process. 99% of people can only limit their mind or void their mind for a few moments a momentary pause such as focus on a sound. It might just be a rampant thought process on simply thinking and wondering about something.

Fact of the matter is it's more and more like simply a knowing to simply know. Most people don't care about learning or processing they just want learn stuff just to pass the time. I'm not saying assuming is of a low civilization but perhaps we had an imprint of higher understanding and higher development and this is us reliving history. Maybe a destroyed rebuilding civilization rather than a higher.

Another possibility is assuming is a higher function downgraded through lack of training.

Yes assumptions can fuck up but some people have done things with assumptions. For example maybe someone assumes the oddly walking guy is carrying a gun and you draw your weapon behind him and hold him hostage and notice he does have a gun and does plan on committing a killing not unlike in Japan with Shinzo Abe. Maybe if Japan was more armed and people assumed this person seems strange lets gang up on him and assume he is a danger.

I think it's akin to Karma or Luck/Fortune there is Good karma/luck/fortune, neutral karma/luck/fortune, and bad karma/luck/fortune.

Maybe as an unexplored science of spirituality, physicality, and mentality hell maybe even technological assumption such as weak, strong AI, software algorithm and pattern/s discovery say for a credit card and suspicious activities bringing a warning to a credit card representative. It's probably a science we have lost and don't know how to remove the negatives.

If assumptions are bad in general or bad overall then it seems like Humans elevated to the status of Gods akin to the enemy. We are Gods incarneth, we are chosen, you can do whatever your a God who cares when you die you ascend to paradise of heaven.

In other words hijacked civilization believing in false ways of living or erroneous ways of living.

Enigmatic_Rabbit said:
CaspianTheDreamer said:

Oh my, a fellow intuition enjoyer, I see ;) I, too, am blessed with this gift and it also paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains me when other people think *I'm* the one assuming things when *I'm* the one putting in a lot of effort to get to know a person's past and make solid, logical conclusions from such. Internal Intuition is what most people don't have (and what most people in the spiritual communities strive to achieve. Zen is nothing more than the activation of the prefrontal cortex and people with internal intuition have it on by default. Doesn't mean it's necessarily strong or anything. Like any other feature of the body, you must cultivate and train it.)

I wanted to throw my 2 cents into this thread when it first came out but I decided to wait. I wanted to see who would respond in a "yes I agree buuuuuuut..." fashion. Lo and behold, only one did. Very telling.

So assumptions are what other's "see" what we do because they "assume" /we/ are "assuming"! How silly is that? Yet we're supposed to be held by the same standard of "not assuming"? It can make things difficult but usually this is rarely an issue and only becomes a problem if you accidentally "reveal" a person's true intention that they didn't want revealed.

INFJ-A huh? Im INFJ-T

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back