Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Protonmail problems

SSinHeartandSoul

The pillar that supports Satans upcoming aeon
Recently protonmail switched to another domain after this i have a lot of problems connecting to me protonmail account because they decided to automatically connect me to the onion version of their site. It is extremely hard to log in right now, yesterday i was finally able to log in after 10 minutes but today i tried for over 30 minutes without any luck. Does anyone know how to stop proton from automatically connecting me to the onion site? or is there another way to connect without this uncertainty?

SSinHeartandSoul said:
Recently protonmail switched to another domain after this i have a lot of problems connecting to me protonmail account because they decided to automatically connect me to the onion version of their site. It is extremely hard to log in right now, yesterday i was finally able to log in after 10 minutes but today i tried for over 30 minutes without any luck. Does anyone know how to stop proton from automatically connecting me to the onion site? or is there another way to connect without this uncertainty?

I was just talking about this on another thread with a person who emailed me. I have been having trouble getting stuff to send sometimes and almost all of my emails ended up in the spam box.

I have been having problems too, but not that bad. It is not redirecting me to the onion URL even though I use Tor.

It seems that ProtonMail is going down the drain, following the pattern of other formerly good companies. It probably has a few years left of "barely usable" quality.

If it becomes necessary, it may be possible for the Joy of Satan to provide an email service for Satanists. I'm very familiar with all the cryptography used by ProtonMail (Zero-Knowledge Encryption, PGP, etc), so this is a possibility for the future.

Soaring Eagle 666 [JG said:
" post_id=369504 time=1656263626 user_id=346]
I have been having problems too, but not that bad. It is not redirecting me to the onion URL even though I use Tor.

It seems that ProtonMail is going down the drain, following the pattern of other formerly good companies. It probably has a few years left of "barely usable" quality.

If it becomes necessary, it may be possible for the Joy of Satan to provide an email service for Satanists. I'm very familiar with all the cryptography used by ProtonMail (Zero-Knowledge Encryption, PGP, etc), so this is a possibility for the future.
How about two factor authentication?

Henu the Great said:

Yes, of course. That is much simpler than the encryption. Most likely 2FA is already done by whatever webmail framework we would use. It's usually very easy, like just sending a random code to your phone, which you enter on your computer when logging in.

But with that said, I don't have much faith in 2FA. It's one of those features that feels really secure, but it does very little to protect against actual attacks. The only kind of attack it protects against is password-stealing - which is good - but anything worse like a persistent virus gets past 2FA easily. A virus can simply wait until YOU login with 2FA, then hijack the session and do anything anyway. Assuming you use strong passwords and the server stores them correctly, there are very few attacks that can steal your password but can't plant a virus. Phishing is about the only common one, and that can be prevented by using bookmarks.

However, 2FA certainly does help at least a little, so it's a nice feature to provide.

" post_id=369589 time=1656276890 user_id=346]
Henu the Great said:

Yes, of course. That is much simpler than the encryption. Most likely 2FA is already done by whatever webmail framework we would use. It's usually very easy, like just sending a random code to your phone, which you enter on your computer when logging in.

But with that said, I don't have much faith in 2FA. It's one of those features that feels really secure, but it does very little to protect against actual attacks. The only kind of attack it protects against is password-stealing - which is good - but anything worse like a persistent virus gets past 2FA easily. A virus can simply wait until YOU login with 2FA, then hijack the session and do anything anyway. Assuming you use strong passwords and the server stores them correctly, there are very few attacks that can steal your password but can't plant a virus. Phishing is about the only common one, and that can be prevented by using bookmarks.

However, 2FA certainly does help at least a little, so it's a nice feature to provide.

It should be an optional thing though as some people don't like it or have problems with it. I think being forced into this for any service is a pain. Some people like it and feel more secure though with it so it should be an option.

What you are describing is not anything that Protonmail is choosing to do. This is not any kind of error, and it is not a Protonmail setting.

You have chosen for it to work this way by the settings you have selected while using Tor. You have turned on the setting that says automatically connect to the onion version of all websites whenever possible. You can turn this off and then it won't do it.

Also you shoul be aware that your entire wait time is caused by you choosing to use Tor. Which makes it so that any website, and especially any transmission of large amounts of data, all take a very long time to load. And has a high chance of taking so long that it times out and never loads. If you try to use Protonmail on a different browser other than Tor, you will see that it does load very quickly and does not have any problem.

slyscorpion said:
" post_id=369589 time=1656276890 user_id=346]
Henu the Great said:

It should be an optional thing though as some people don't like it or have problems with it. I think being forced into this for any service is a pain. Some people like it and feel more secure though with it so it should be an option.
Definitely optional, especially since I never use it! :p For me, the extra inconvenience to login actually makes it less secure because I leave my accounts logged in all the time.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
What you are describing is not anything that Protonmail is choosing to do. This is not any kind of error, and it is not a Protonmail setting.

You have chosen for it to work this way by the settings you have selected while using Tor. You have turned on the setting that says automatically connect to the onion version of all websites whenever possible. You can turn this off and then it won't do it.

Also you shoul be aware that your entire wait time is caused by you choosing to use Tor. Which makes it so that any website, and especially any transmission of large amounts of data, all take a very long time to load. And has a high chance of taking so long that it times out and never loads. If you try to use Protonmail on a different browser other than Tor, you will see that it does load very quickly and does not have any problem.
Yes, but the fact remains, ProtonMail used to work very well over Tor. And since they provide an onion URL, it should work well over Tor.

What do you think about MailFence Email? I've been using it for quite a long time and so far I haven't had any particular problems with it, it does the job smoothly. In this paradigm I also use an email running on Tor, Mail2Tor. I think it's a sophisticated and well-organized email that provides anonymous correspondence.

I have not selected that option it only does this while trying to access protonmail, like someone else said it used to be fine, there were never any problems until they changed to another domain.

slyscorpion said:
I was just talking about this on another thread with a person who emailed me. I have been having trouble getting stuff to send sometimes and almost all of my emails ended up in the spam box.

Sites like this always get taken over by the enemy, if the enemy can't have it they will just burn the place down just like they are doing with all of the food-process factories in the USA. :roll:

BrightSpace666 said:

What do you think about MailFence Email? I've been using it for quite a long time and so far I haven't had any particular problems with it, it does the job smoothly. In this paradigm I also use an email running on Tor, Mail2Tor. I think it's a sophisticated and well-organized email that provides anonymous correspondence.
I've never heard of it. But I will look into it if I have some free time.

SSinHeartandSoul said:

I have not selected that option it only does this while trying to access protonmail, like someone else said it used to be fine, there were never any problems until they changed to another domain.
Try going to old.protonmail.com. That's where my bookmark goes, and then it redirects me to proton.me. Maybe that's why I haven't had trouble? Just an idea.

" post_id=370103 time=1656444006 user_id=346]

Try going to old.protonmail.com. That's where my bookmark goes, and then it redirects me to proton.me. Maybe that's why I haven't had trouble? Just an idea.

I used to do exactly that, the problem is with the domain it redirects you to. Apparently if i go to account.proton.me its fine.... its just so weird how one of their domains is the worst site ever and the other is heavenly in comparison.

That would be so sick. I almost saw it happening before my eyes.

Soul Wings said:
That would be so sick. I almost saw it happening before my eyes.
4d6.png

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back