Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Quotes Relevant to Our Time

Jade9779

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king."
- J.R.R. Tolkien

"You have chosen this path. Life works in strange ways. Your choices have clearly led you here, as have mine. I will give you a new choice: Leave here or stay and face your destiny."
- Samurai Jack

"The Gods ask much of us. All we must ask ourselves is, are we equal to the task?"
- ?

"Hold, unhappy man, be not swayst along with your impressions! Great is the struggle, divine the task; the prize is a kingdom, freedom, serenity, peace."
- Epictetus

"You cannot alter your fate. However, you can rise to meet it if you so choose."
- Hii-Sama, Princess Mononoke (great movie)

"Tragedy, he perceived, belonged to the ancient time, to a time when there were still privacy, love, and friendship, and when members of a family stood by one another without needing to know the reason."
- 1984 (great book)

"The shell of an oyster only hides the pearl inside."
- Samurai Jack

"And you? When you begin that long journey into yourself?"
- Rumi

"Of every lie we are told,
The worst will always come from ourselves.
Out of fear, be it of commitment or accepting a bleak truth,
We insist we are happy.
I must ask, are you?
Can happiness be found where fear exists?"
- Me

"For the historical audit brings so much to light which is false and absurd, violenet and inhuman, that the condition of pious illusion falls to pieces."
-Fredrich Nietzsche

"Action is what separates the dreamer from the achiever."
- Also Me

"Nothing has been achieved by the person who says, 'It can't be done'."
- Eleanor Roosevelt

And this one, just for laughs:
"Every great story seems to begin with a snake."
- Nicholas Cage, of all people

Feel free to add if you like. I'm not one to live my life by quotes but they can be helpful in times where inspiration is needed or even a nice laugh.

Also wanted to say, I'm pretty sure Nicolas cage was speaking about the lie-ble story but it is very true for us here even he meant it unintentionally. Well technically the story of humanity started with the Serpent/Kundalini so that's kind of neat.

INFJ detected xDDDD

Great stuff! It makes me happy to see and read great thinkers of the world shared their wisdom and insights with us. I’m not as well read as I would like to be but usually you can tell the quality of a person and what point in life they are at right now (how they feel about whatever) just by the quotes they hold dear.

“Adversity is what makes man great. We’d be weak and useless if the gods were always swooping in.” – Old Man ( Blood of Zeus animated series )

i guess i kinda like this series but it still got some bullshit in it that pisses me right off. Apollo, for example, is depicted as having tan skin. Absolute blasphemy.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back