Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Mewing?

Satanic_truth

I have been researching mewing a lot lately and really want to try it but I wear an orthodontic retainer. I have to decide whether to risk a relapse and throw out the retainer (commit to mewing on the chance that it is not fake information) or keep the retainer forever. I used to have a nasty underbite before my retainer and a relapse would be bad.

Anyone have any experience or advice??

Satanic_truth88 said:
I have been researching mewing a lot lately and really want to try it but I wear an orthodontic retainer. I have to decide whether to risk a relapse and throw out the retainer (commit to mewing on the chance that it is not fake information) or keep the retainer forever. I used to have a nasty underbite before my retainer and a relapse would be bad.

Anyone have any experience or advice??

I don't believe mewing is fake from what I had read. However, you would need to be disciplined enough to use mewing as your "new retainer", since it sounds like it will render the old one useless.

If you are able to consistently practice mewing for say, 2 months, then you have proven yourself as capable enough. Yet, if you have doubts about this, then it wouldn't make sense to ditch your old retainer. Even keeping your retainer, you can still practice this "trial period".

Regardless of all of this, I think you should reach out to the mewing professionals about these sorts of questions.

I've been mewing for 2 years with a permanent retainer on, great results, forward growth, and the face much more lifted.
I'm not an orthodontist though, you should check the "orthotropics" website and the "mewing" reddit.

ramses13th said:
I've been mewing for 2 years with a permanent retainer on, great results, forward growth, and the face much more lifted.
I'm not an orthodontist though, you should check the "orthotropics" website and the "mewing" reddit.

Does the tongue posture eventually become natural or is it forced all the time?

Satanic_truth88 said:
ramses13th said:

Does the tongue posture eventually become natural or is it forced all the time?

The tongue muscles eventually get stronger so it gets to be natural.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back