Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

How does one truely self accept?

Shadowcat

What is the true meaning of self acceptance? Especially in terms of what you really dislike about yourself. Tolerance? Coping? How can the things about you that you truely dislike, find a hindrance, or that being rejection or difficulty be so result accepted? How can they possibly be looked at from another way?

I am curious as to feedback as I realized recently this holds me back on many fronts.

Shadowcat said:
What is the true meaning of self acceptance? Especially in terms of what you really dislike about yourself. Tolerance? Coping? How can the things about you that you truely dislike, find a hindrance, or that being rejection or difficulty be so result accepted? How can they possibly be looked at from another way?

I am curious as to feedback as I realized recently this holds me back on many fronts.

I m much younger than you, you have much more life experience than me, but still I will try.

To me self acceptance means to accept all the positive aspects of me, i dont see negative aspects of myself as me, i dont accept them as a part of me, yes for now they are there and i m working on to remove them , eventually they will be gone with hardwork until only positives are left, that is how i see it.

Whenever i see a difficulty or i fail at something, let it be due to planetary transit or something, i do not look for things to blame on to ease up my mind instead I find the mistakes within me, mistakes that i made that lead to this event unfold and what i could have done spiritually to prevent it from manifesting.

"Accept yourself as who you are" i find this statement to be incomplete, rahter "Accept yourself who you are, and work hard to remove to all negatives within you after accepting yourself" satisfies me.

In my opinnion the things that we dont like about ourselves are most of the time a symptoms of emotinal damage(trauma). For example you are fat because you overeat and you overeat because you use it as a coping mechanism for a specific trauma.

I see Self Acceptance as a constant awareness of who you are and being content with that awareness. This includes your strengths and weaknesses, your beautiful and your ugly, your happy and your sad, etc. This does not advocate stagnation but rather a reflection of the given moment and an understanding towards that. We are after all mortal until we are not.

Shadowcat said:

I was always put off by this phrase, but I was thinking about this the other day and I think I finally got it. It means being fully aware of yourself and seeing yourself for what you really are and being conscious of every aspect, especially the ones that are difficult for you to acknowledge. "Accept" here doesn't mean what it normally means, which is more along the lines of appreciation. It's closer to the meaning of acceptance as the word is used in a phrase like "accept the consequences". You don't appreciate, want or value the consequences, hence why they're called consequences, but you understand it and are aware of it. That's what self acceptance is, and it's how the word is used in the saying "accept life (as it is)".

Qualitative judgements are beside the point entirely, but you can have trouble accepting "good" parts just as well as you can have trouble with the "bad" parts. That has been my experience.

Shadowcat said:

In my opinion "self-acceptance" means to understand and accept one's own defects and then use various practices or techniques available and appropiate to eliminate them and better themselves on personal and social level instead of creating and projecting a complex of victimhood upon themselves and about themselves in society, without doing anything to eliminate these personal problems.

The below is all my own speculation, always view things through intuition as my understanding may be incomplete or corrupt.

The most important thing(from my own current understanding) when "accepting yourself" is knowledge of who you currently are. After all, you need to set a baseline before you modify anything so that you know how far you've come from where you started.

In order to obtain understanding of who you are requires one of four circumstances.

1. Knowledge of astrology(which will set your baseline to birth) or knowledge of multiple physical respresentations of astrology(such as Palmistry and Physiognomy) to understand how you differ from your birth baseline. Palmistry shows your birth baseline on one hand and your current baseline on another, however, Palmistry misses some things so it is best to include something like Physiognomy as a compliment. From my understanding the astrology chart you are born with changes through spiritual intervention(For instance your dedication ritual) and as a result what is displayed in your astrology chart may not be 100% accurate to your current self. After all, an object in motion stays in motion unless acted upon by an outside force, therefore, you will follow the flow of fate unless you are acted upon by an outside force, which, in this case, can be curses, as well as spiritual workings.

2. A perfectly clean mind, body, and soul. When one speaks of who they are, often times they are mislead by psychological hangups among other things(karma, curses, blockages, etc.) and as a result face interference in understanding themselves. When ones mind, body, and soul are completely clean they won't face such interference and will be able to understand themselves instinctively.

3. Spiritual advancement and workings for understanding yourself. You could also do divination if you are experienced in things like scrying, however, astral interference is a real posibility and you may see falsehood, or even a false reality conjured by your mind. I'm sure I don't need to explain the risks with divination in terms of true and false information to you.

4. Revelation. I can only recommend you talk to Father Satan and your Guardian about your concerns and worries of this. Ask to be guided to what can allow you to gain understanding and be open to the signs presented. Something to be conscious of during this process is your thought processes. Here's are two amazing threads, one of which by HP Hooded Cobra which touches on this beautifully. How To Interpret & Understand The Messages Of The Gods(alt)

Just talk to Satan(alt)

Once you've established a baseline and understand who you truly are, you may find some things you don't like, however, no matter how these things appear within your mind you must accept that these things are who you truly are CURRENTLY as the first step to fixing any problem is recognizing that the problem exists.

An example is in my astrology chart I am a very volitale person sexually who may resort to rape as a result. This part of who I am is a very nasty part, something which can lead me to hurting someone, and yes, I find that disgusting, however, I recognize this as a part of who I am.

If you don't recognize and accept that the problem exists you can't even begin to fix it.

Remember, your astrology chart is influenced by external spiritual factors such as curses, meditation, workings, etc. As a result, you may find that you feel certain things which your astrology chart doesn't list, this can be a result of recent karma(as past life karma would show in the birth chart), curses, or other things. Your astrology chart is only the baseline of your birth, your current baseline and current astrology chart will be different.
Once you've found the parts of yourself which doesn't allign with you can do workings on the specific issues. Do note that these issues can be caused by different things and it may be easier to one or more problems a specific way. For instance, for psychological problems, it may be better to CBT(Congitive Behavioral Therapy) instead of a working. Of course, the best solution would be to combine a working with an activity, that way the working has a clear pathway for energy to flow and will make what you're doing solve the problem much easier.

In order to find out what you should do for each specific problem I would recommend a deep trance followed by meditating on the problem. Often times you already know the answer to the problem. Here's a thread a member made discussing this How to access your hidden knowledge(Tutorial)(alt)

You can do freeing the soul workings for the aspects you don't like about yourself. As for aspects you can't currently change or hold no actual basis in reality(such as not liking that your hair is naturally wavy instead of naturally straight) you should do workings for your mindset instead of trying to change your hair through genetics as this will bear more fruitful results.

The Alchemist7 said:
Shadowcat said:

In my opinion "self-acceptance" means to understand and accept one's own defects and then use various practices or techniques available and appropiate to eliminate them and better themselves on personal and social level instead of creating and projecting a complex of victimhood upon themselves and about themselves in society, without doing anything to eliminate these personal problems.

I thought that the negatives somehow had to be turned into positives or transmuted. But it seems that these things must first then be accepted as part of oneself. How to do this if these are things you absolutely hate? Isn't trying to eliminate NOT accepting these parts? Or isn't just about trying to find the positive in the "defects"?

There's been times when I have hated certain aspects in my chart ect and other shortcomings. We have to be come our own version of "perfect" basically that doesn't conform to some standard...however there are objective standards of excellence and beauty ect in all facets. So if ones potential somehow doesn't conform to this how can one simply accept falling short? That feels like shit and just builds self resentment. Maybe this speculation is wrong.

I am after all trying to sublimate certain things in my chart that make me worry for no reason or make me perceive things about me or others that isn't so.

I'm doing a working for this to help me bring these things to light along with removing any delusions about myself and relations to others.

When coming to these realizations I told myself further empowerment could be erroneous and it discouraged me from focusing too much on power untill further cleaning is conducted. I also didn't want to experience astral deception due to the aforementioned predispositions.

I felt the only way to help with this was to find a way to see myself much more clearly.

Self-acceptance is very simple:

If whatever you don't like about yourself is something that can be changed, then go ahead and change it.

If it is something that can't be changed then there is no point whatsoever in having negative feelings about it, just makes it worse.

Channel your thoughts to something more productive and engage in activities that will boost your self-esteem and eventually you'll forget about whatever the issue was.

Its requires some perception to understand whether some parts of you are actually defective or if something is outside of your conscious control. There was a time in my first year of college where i got rejected by three women in a span of couple of months. I thought that something was wrong with me and that i needed to change something withing myself. However this was just a pattern arising from past life karma. Whenever i tried to approach women i would either get rejected or had bad experiences with them. However when a woman approached me , i had positive experiences with them. So there wasn't anything wrong with me but the karma was demanding a roundabout way of doing things. So when i did a love working ,my gf came to me and not the other way around. Some things in this life are hard to change and some things you can simply ignore and focus on other things to make yourself better. People are different with different past life karma and astrology. Its requires perception and intuition to understand whats going on about you and how to deal with it. The Necronomicon Runes helped me with this and it can help you too. When you can't understand whats going on vibrate the mantra and affirm that you're discovering the In's and Out's of the problem from the Root.#5 is best for this. Further advances with #31,#37,#46. Most probably you'll get a sudden flash of intuition where you can discover the root cause and then ways to go about it. There are problems which aren't actually problems but obstacles that need a roundabout way. In such a situation you have to change affirmations in your workings to suit the solution. Tackling the problem head on might require a lot more energy than is required to reach at the objective.

Thank you all for the great responses. I have been meditating on this all day and have run into the some of the same things mentioned here. This deep cleaning will however take much longer.

I think one of the most important parts of this is basically being able to find a baseline of where to start, and what to start on for overall significant improvement. I have had this in a general sense, but focusing on oneself intensely on all specifics of strength and weakness, excess and deficiency. ugliness and beauty ect can give significant self awareness, and a better sight, a more realistic one at that and more clear of oneself, making it easier to see what can improve without changing the core of who and what you are but making that better. This seems to involve coming to terms with and becoming aware of pretty much all our shortcomings, and how somethings may not even be shortcomings at all.

Shadowcat said:
I thought that the negatives somehow had to be turned into positives or transmuted. But it seems that these things must first then be accepted as part of oneself. How to do this if these are things you absolutely hate? Isn't trying to eliminate NOT accepting these parts? Or isn't just about trying to find the positive in the "defects"?
By "accepting" I rather meant realizing that negative aspects exist about yourself so you will know what to work on to eliminate them. But yes not "accepting" them as part of yourself. "Accept" was not the best term to use here. I think yes is very toxic to accept negative aspects as part of our own being and let them govern our decisions or behaviour. They must be eliminated from one's soul.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back