Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Kurdish or Arabic? - Ethnicity of Yezidis

Pammy

Yezidi people are an ethno-religious group so it's not exactly a race or a religious, but rather a branch of a race that follows Melek Taus.

I knew them as Kurdish people who worship Sheitan. That was what I was told when I was 5. Some time ago I learned that El-Cilve is written in Arabic. Muslims may have re-written and perverted it and this must be the reason why it is in Arabic. I don't think Yezidis and Arabs are related. At least, I don't think they were before Muslims forcibly converted them.

Well, some of them do speak Arabic, however:

The Yazidis in the twin villages of Bashiqa and Bahzani speak Arabic as their mother language,[26] however, the now Arab-speaking tribes in Bashiqa and Bahzani, including but not limited to Xaltî, Dumilî and Hekarî,[122][123] have historically been classified as Kurdish tribes.[124][125][126][127][128] Although almost all Yezidis speak in Kurmanji, their exact origin is a matter of dispute among scholars, even among the community itself as well as among Kurds, whether they are ethnically Kurds or form a distinct ethnic group.

...Yazidis generally believe that Muslim Kurds betrayed Yazidism by converting to Islam, while Yazidis remained faithful to the religion of their ancestors.[136] Evliya Çelebi described soldiers of Abdal Khan of Bitlis as "Yezidi Kurds" and in fourteenth century, seven of the most prominent Kurdish tribes were Yazidi, and Yazidism was the religion of the Jazira Kurdish principality. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazidis#Religion

I firmly believe (Arabian) Muslims were the invaders and Yezidis are originally Kurdish.

The reason for this topic is the Kurds are the second largest ethnic group in Turkey. There have been many studies on the Turkish pantheon and mythologies in recent years, but there is almost nothing about the ancestral beliefs of Kurds.

There are around 14 million Kurds in Turkey. Most of them are Muslims and there are only a few thousand Yezidis. If their ancestral beliefs were more visible in the society, maybe the racial memory could have triggered like Turks who are attracted to Tengrism.

No idea how this could be achieved though.

Originally, I was going to post this in BlackSun666 Forum but apparently, Yezidis are not considered White. https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18382

What about Kurds, to be exact, Kurds from Turkey? A quick research gives me this: ''Kurdish people are an Iranian ethnic group native to... Most probably, Kurd people gene pool majority may be composed of an admixture of North Mesopotamian (Caucasus) and Near East peoples... Our HLA study conclusions are that Kurds most probably belong to an ancient Mediterranean / Middle East / Caucasian genetic substratum and that present results and those previously obtained by us in Kurds...''

Some of the Kurds I knew, and a few of them are my distant cousins so I have a good idea about their ancestry (100% Mediterranean) and a neighbor household that I know nothing about, are very ''white'' with their blonde and red hair and blue eyes. However, a good part of Kurds is just like... Arabs.

In conclusion, Yezidis are Kurdish and Kurds are a sub-branch of Indo-Europans (going by the language family) that is invaded and mixed with Arabs losing their religion and genotypes in the process as far as I figured.

I have a feeling that Yezidism was the core belief system of the Kurdish people as a whole,
before Islam was introduced into their culture.

SyraS_666 said:
I have a feeling that Yezidism was the core belief system of the Kurdish people as a whole,
before Islam was introduced into their culture.

I agree with the conclusion of the following research about the religion of ancient Kurds. Kurdish people followed Aryan polytheism until Islam was forced upon them. Yezidism appeared later in the history and taught to be beware of Muslims and Christians, to preserve their religion in secrecy. The research debunked that Yezidi religion is a form of Zoroastrianism. But this research is probably done by muslims and claims that Kurdish people and Yezidis converted with their own accord to Islam. This is a lie.

Research:

THE ORIGIN PROBLEM OF KURDISH BELIEFS IN THE CONTEXT OF ZOROASTRIANISM AND YAZIDISM

Journal of Oriental Scientific Research (JOSR) ISSN:1308-9633
December 2020 Volume:12 Issue:4 (29) Pages: 1458-1475

Arabic is spoken pretty widely from Morocco to Central Asia. Facility in the language is no indication of ethnicity. The Yezidis are a variety of Kurd, and as such, Indo-European. Take it back far enough and their ancestors were the Hittites mentioned in the Christo-kike holy books like the Bible, Tanak, etc.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back