Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

trouble focusing

Malec

I do my meditations completely and continuously, but I cannot focus on my meditations for the last 3 months, I always think while meditating, what should I do?

stayhigh666 said:
I do my meditations completely and continuously, but I cannot focus on my meditations for the last 3 months, I always think while meditating, what should I do?

From Brother BlackDragon666:
Try doing this daily, just 5 minutes.
https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Flame_Meditation.html

Also, try holding the dhyani mudra when doing void meditation. Works excellently. One method I use is to see total blackness in my mind and focus on it, imagining that I'm there, like empty space. It drowns out all images, sounds, and everything in a couple of minutes and even puts me in a light trance. My mind understands that there's nothing in empty space so when I tell it it's in it, it clears automatically. Or you can visualize the darkness/empty space surrounding your head, like engulfing it, emptying it in the process.

stayhigh666 said:
Keep practicing void meditation

stayhigh666 said:

When practicing void meditation, you should appreciate when your mind wonders, instead of fighting it. The mind wondering is completely normal. Sometimes it wonders more, sometimes less.

You can't expect to completely stop it from wondering or stop all thoughts - this is what the mind if supposed to do.

What you are trying to do is focus your attention on something in particular - control your attention on a specific thing (which may be silence, nothingness, 'the void').

In order to build a muscle, we must have resistance, a weight and gravity, working in opposition to what you're trying to achieve. Like focusing, it is good to have resistance, since you can use that to develop the strength of your focus and attention.

Instead of seeing distracting thoughts as a problem, think of them as an opportunity to pull your attention back to your focal point. It's the repetitive pulling back of your attention to the focal point that will develop your focus. The next stage would be to try and stay awake :p

gnome said:
You can't expect to completely stop it from wondering or stop all thoughts - this is what the mind if supposed to do.
That's the whole point of void meditation, so what you said is wrong and bad advice.

stayhigh666 said:
You should do Satanic Hypnosis using this affirmation:
“I have perfect concentration.”

You could also use this method:

High Priestess Maxine Dietrich said:
When one encounters problems and obstacles, one should go to the bottom of this and every night before going to sleep, affirm 20-30 times when relaxed, for example: "I have perfect concentration."

Other affirmations for example- "I am always highly motivated and I always meditate every day", “I always have time to do quality meditations", “I am able to enter deep trances easily" you get the general idea. Remember, affirmations should always be in the present tense because the subconscious mind and
soul do not have a time frame such as in the future tense "will" happen. Always make your affirmations in the present tense.

Before sleeping, affirmations should be done some 25-30 times for 40 days straight.
Source: JoS Newsletter 2008-2009 Sermons and Important Messages
(page 8)

You could close your chakras before doing void meditation, this will help. How to close your chakras: https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Closing_Chakras.html

Aquarius said:
gnome said:
That's the whole point of void meditation, so what you said is wrong and bad advice.

That might be down to my sloppy writing unfortunately. Allow me to sharpen my words:

What I mean is, the mind will always focus on something, whether it be a wondering thought or fixation on nothingness. And, void meditation does not permanently stop it from wondering - this is what the mind is supposed to do.

From a slightly different angle, I am suggesting that there's no need to become frustrated when the mind wonders, it is an opportunity to strengthen its ability to refocus following distraction.

If I am still wrong here, I'd appreciate it if you could elaborate. I'd spent years trying it through sheer will and it wasn't until I'd adopted this adjusted mindset where I saw real progress.

This is incorrect. Perhaps you wanted to say that an imaginative mind is not necessarily a bad thing. If trained correctly it can be used for magick. And that is fine.

But the point of void meditation, is to empty the mind. To not think of anything whatsoever. If for some reason you think this is impossible, then that means you need to practice more of it.

gnome said:
Aquarius said:
gnome said:

That might be down to my sloppy writing unfortunately. Allow me to sharpen my words:

What I mean is, the mind will always focus on something, whether it be a wondering thought or fixation on nothingness. And, void meditation does not permanently stop it from wondering - this is what the mind is supposed to do.

From a slightly different angle, I am suggesting that there's no need to become frustrated when the mind wonders, it is an opportunity to strengthen its ability to refocus following distraction.

If I am still wrong here, I'd appreciate it if you could elaborate. I'd spent years trying it through sheer will and it wasn't until I'd adopted this adjusted mindset where I saw real progress.
I understand what you mean, it's just the choice of words that wasn't the ideal.

BlackOnyx8 said:

This is incorrect. Perhaps you wanted to say that an imaginative mind is not necessarily a bad thing. If trained correctly it can be used for magick. And that is fine.

But the point of void meditation, is to empty the mind. To not think of anything whatsoever. If for some reason you think this is impossible, then that means you need to practice more of it.

Noted - yes I addressed this previously as my post was worded a little sloppy.

I just wanted to provide reassurance that when practicing void meditation, thoughts are helpful, since they allow us to practice our ability to:

a) recognise when attention has drifted
b) bring attention back

Repeatedly doing these things would ultimately lead to increased states of a transient empty mind, and also an increased ability to focus on other meditations.

Thinking of thoughts as bad - especially when you're prone to it - will lead to frustration. I've been there.

I guess - for a beginner - void meditation is more about the journey, rather than the destination.

As I've said, if there's some greater wisdom that anyone wants to share around this, I'd be interested to read it - since I'd looked quite a bit into this topic previously and had to figure a lot of this out for myself.

gnome said:
void meditation does not permanently stop it from wondering
You know this already... but - it should do. Working more towards that goal, to control one's own thoughts at will, is the point of Void Meditation.

gnome said:
BlackOnyx8 said:

Noted - yes I addressed this previously as my post was worded a little sloppy.

I just wanted to provide reassurance that when practicing void meditation, thoughts are helpful, since they allow us to practice our ability to:

a) recognise when attention has drifted
b) bring attention back

Repeatedly doing these things would ultimately lead to increased states of a transient empty mind, and also an increased ability to focus on other meditations.

Thinking of thoughts as bad - especially when you're prone to it - will lead to frustration. I've been there.

I guess - for a beginner - void meditation is more about the journey, rather than the destination.

As I've said, if there's some greater wisdom that anyone wants to share around this, I'd be interested to read it - since I'd looked quite a bit into this topic previously and had to figure a lot of this out for myself.
What I think you mean is that it's an opportunity to - again - bring focus back again and again and again, each time - and each and every time the muscle of re-focussing our mind is worked, the stronger that muscle (the ability to control our own mind) becomes. Every mind-wander is an opportunity to stop the mind wandering. I think that's what you're saying.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back