Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Any pharmacists here? And software engineers? Do you like it?

Ethan Turbos

Im deciding between these two, my biggest fear is to choose software engineering and end up with a bpring desk job. Have you got any advice for me?

Pharmacist is actually a really good job. It is fairly easy, you will have time, and if you work at a pharmacy, you will gain flawless income and have respect. Not sure how it is in all Nations, but it can be rather interesting too if you are really into it.

Software engineer be ready for back problems and sitting many hours per day. But the possibilities are endless.

Both are good professions with prospect for the future and safe to follow in this day and time. They have content for the future too.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Pharmacist is actually a really good job. It is fairly easy, you will have time, and if you work at a pharmacy, you will gain flawless income and have respect. Not sure how it is in all Nations, but it can be rather interesting too if you are really into it.

Software engineer be ready for back problems and sitting many hours per day. But the possibilities are endless.

Both are good professions with prospect for the future and safe to follow in this day and time. They have content for the future too.
Thank you High Priest.

Software engineers can avoid physical problems with quality saddle stool, electric table (enables standing on job) and taking care of ones physique with various methods, such as yoga and microbreaks. Maybe there are more methods?

Bunny said:
Im deciding between these two, my biggest fear is to choose software engineering and end up with a bpring desk job. Have you got any advice for me?

Do whatever gives you the most free time for JOS activities. Software engineering could result in crunch times or other high-workload periods. I don't believe the same is likely with pharmacy.

Desk work is a reality for most higher-up jobs. As a pharmacist, you will at least be doing lots of studying at a desk anyway. Yet, desk work, especially remote work, could possibly allow one to fit in meditations during their work. This would not be the case if you are expected to be standing somewhere.

The main problem with the pharmacy is that you are taking part in a system that does not heal people, as evidenced by the state of the world's health. Personally, I stopped studying western medicine for this reason, because I became hostile toward it.

My other issue here is that I believe the medical field to be bloated, in the sense that people will leave it in the future for holistic medicine. Software engineers would have more job security, as well as usefulness in terms of helping Satanism grow.

This is from talking with people in the field of software engineering rather than my own personal experience, but I believe it may still be useful.

Crunch time is a common thing to happen throughout the industry although I imagine the severity depends on the company you work for. You'll end up working longer shifts and often eats up into your weekends or whatever days you would normally get off.

If it's programming you enjoy it's always worth keeping in mind the higher up you go, often the less programming you'll actually be doing. Essentially you'll end up just running through other people's code and fixing any cock ups.

As with a lot of tech based jobs there's a higher chance of being able to work remotely if this is something that you're looking for.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Yes your responses were useful they confirmed what ive been told before. Unfortunately the deal breaker for me is the long desk hours as software engineer. I dont think I have it in me to tolerate that.

Bunny said:
Yes your responses were useful they confirmed what ive been told before. Unfortunately the deal breaker for me is the long desk hours as software engineer. I dont think I have it in me to tolerate that.

Long desk hours? Maybe while you're learning. As a software engineer in the modern world, you can pretty much work from anywhere and not have anyone breathing down your neck. Most software engineers aren't even that good, so if you can actually become good - you can produce what others would take a week to do in a few hours or less. Then, sit back and be spiritual :)

gnome said:
Bunny said:

Long desk hours? Maybe while you're learning. As a software engineer in the modern world, you can pretty much work from anywhere and not have anyone breathing down your neck. Most software engineers aren't even that good, so if you can actually become good - you can produce what others would take a week to do in a few hours or less. Then, sit back and be spiritual :)
Ive gotten mixed responses on this. Some swear its a career path where I would work few hours. Others say get ready for long boring hours where your mind has to be at peak performance. Do you have any experience?

Bunny said:
gnome said:
Bunny said:

Ive gotten mixed responses on this. Some swear its a career path where I would work few hours. Others say get ready for long boring hours where your mind has to be at peak performance. Do you have any experience?

Yes, at the start of your career you may work long, boring hours. But, if it's something you can become good at, you will not need to. In fact, you can earn money just by giving your presence on a project (borderline software architect at this point). I have experience, but some people haven't got what it takes, they stay for decades in a low level position. You have to be dedicated and build strong a foundation.

I have been in both the Pharma and Software Developer fields and I can say with 100% certainty that you want to go into software development. Heres why

1) Your value is totally dependent upon you, in SE you can increase your value, your software dev abilities by spending time learning more about such and building things with new code, in the bio-field, it is strictly based on your years of experience, and nothing you can do about it. If you spend time truly mastering your craft, your salary WILL go up to reflect that in the SE field (I did this myself)

2) You will never be lacking for opportunity. Every single buisness/organization out there needs software developers, and that will only increase overtime, compared to the bio field which is necessary but not nearly as monstrously necessary as Software Devs who are needed everywhere.

3) You can build your own projects on the side and start your own buisness out of it to achieve greater financial wealth, and it can be something built for anything you are passionate about.

But the #1 reason why any spiritual satanist should choose Software Dev over Pharma field?

4) WORK. FROM. HOME!

Imagine how much more meditation, rituals, etc you can get done if you get a job that is remote. You can do a repetition anytime there is a lul in what you are currently doing for your job or whenever you take a break. You would never be able to do this in Pharma where you will assuredly be in a public location. You can do the final RtR during lunch if you wanted. This has singlehandedly been my strongest advantage and I encourage everyone to try and take advantage of it. I have often done yoga or excercise as well whenever I take a break from what I am working on.

It's up to you though, each to his own, most jobs require sitting at a desk regardless of what your doing, I just switched over from pharma to code and never once looked back.

gnome said:
Bunny said:
gnome said:

Yes, at the start of your career you may work long, boring hours. But, if it's something you can become good at, you will not need to. In fact, you can earn money just by giving your presence on a project (borderline software architect at this point). I have experience, but some people haven't got what it takes, they stay for decades in a low level position. You have to be dedicated and build strong a foundation.
Hmm I see.

WinterWarrior666 said:
I have been in both the Pharma and Software Developer fields and I can say with 100% certainty that you want to go into software development. Heres why

1) Your value is totally dependent upon you, in SE you can increase your value, your software dev abilities by spending time learning more about such and building things with new code, in the bio-field, it is strictly based on your years of experience, and nothing you can do about it. If you spend time truly mastering your craft, your salary WILL go up to reflect that in the SE field (I did this myself)

2) You will never be lacking for opportunity. Every single buisness/organization out there needs software developers, and that will only increase overtime, compared to the bio field which is necessary but not nearly as monstrously necessary as Software Devs who are needed everywhere.

3) You can build your own projects on the side and start your own buisness out of it to achieve greater financial wealth, and it can be something built for anything you are passionate about.

But the #1 reason why any spiritual satanist should choose Software Dev over Pharma field?

4) WORK. FROM. HOME!

Imagine how much more meditation, rituals, etc you can get done if you get a job that is remote. You can do a repetition anytime there is a lul in what you are currently doing for your job or whenever you take a break. You would never be able to do this in Pharma where you will assuredly be in a public location. You can do the final RtR during lunch if you wanted. This has singlehandedly been my strongest advantage and I encourage everyone to try and take advantage of it. I have often done yoga or excercise as well whenever I take a break from what I am working on.

It's up to you though, each to his own, most jobs require sitting at a desk regardless of what your doing, I just switched over from pharma to code and never once looked back.
You been at both?? what didnt you like about pharma? You make me think Im not gonna lie.

Programming is the art of going into a deep meditative state (trance), getting the solution to the problem, coming out of trance and translating it into machine language.
At the beginning it may take you 5 to 10 seconds to do that but with experience you can lower it down to fractions of a second.
Being a SS you'll have a tremendous advantage over everyone else. I have a special programming room where there are no distractions and where every item is white. I painted white even the borders of the monitors. The only thing that is of a different color are my hands and the letters on the keyboard.
To get in the zone I either listen to some music or do some chanting and then I can churn out code 100 times faster than the average programmer.
Don't share this knowledge with outsiders.

Bunny said:
WinterWarrior666 said:

4) WORK. FROM. HOME!

You been at both?? what didnt you like about pharma? You make me think Im not gonna lie.

It isn't that I didn't like it persay, but it was just a job, I showed up, worked in a lab, followed protocols, rinse and repeat, it really wasn't anything glamorous. With Software Dev though not only do I work remote but I really do control my own destiny. If I wanna build my own project/company I can (and am currently doing such), if I wanna spend an extra 2 hours a day honing my skills learning new programming subjects to increase my value/salary, I can, if I wanna meditate whenever I feel like it, I can. The job security is also great. So ultimately, I guess what I am saying is, both are jobs, jobs are never really "fun", but one offers so much more benefit/flexibility than the other. Hope this helps!

AgainstAllAuthority said:
Programming is the art of going into a deep meditative state (trance), getting the solution to the problem, coming out of trance and translating it into machine language.
At the beginning it may take you 5 to 10 seconds to do that but with experience you can lower it down to fractions of a second.
Being a SS you'll have a tremendous advantage over everyone else. I have a special programming room where there are no distractions and where every item is white. I painted white even the borders of the monitors. The only thing that is of a different color are my hands and the letters on the keyboard.
To get in the zone I either listen to some music or do some chanting and then I can churn out code 100 times faster than the average programmer.
Don't share this knowledge with outsiders.

Sounds amazing, almost like something from a movie!

Bunny said:
I'd go with software engineer. Not only is it secure for the future, there is a good paycheque and respectability. On the other hand with pharmacy, plants and therapeutic techniques are a much more effective and natural future.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back