Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Joy of Satan NFT's?

Jackalope

I was thinking, maybe the Joy of Satan could make NFT's and sell them. Like of High Priest HoodedCobra's sermons and whatnot. It would be like another way of letting people donate. And maybe even SS artists could sell NFT's of their work and have the profits go to the JoS.

It also would serve to backup JoS pages on the blockchain forever and ever, even if the sites go down.

Jackalope said:
I was thinking, maybe the Joy of Satan could make NFT's and sell them. Like of High Priest HoodedCobra's sermons and whatnot. It would be like another way of letting people donate. And maybe even SS artists could sell NFT's of their work and have the profits go to the JoS.

It also would serve to backup JoS pages on the blockchain forever and ever, even if the sites go down.

Gas fees are currently too expensive in my opinion for this to be beneficial to anyone, although there are other networks. There are still minting fees though.

Jackalope said:

NFTS are just modern day ponzi scheme. If you are looking for it as investment, invest in gold or silver (or paintings).

Jackalope said:

What is put on the blockchain is a link, otherwise you'd be paying thousands of dollars to put a whole article in the blockchain.
If someone wants to sell their work, the profits should go to them. It is up to them to decide if and how much to donate to JoS.
This is not some xian church where all the members are treated like slaves and where the priest takes credit for all the work the members do.

Jackalope said:

NFT's are a complete SCAM. Please do not recommend or support them here.

AgainstAllAuthority said:
If someone wants to sell their work, the profits should go to them. It is up to them to decide if and how much to donate to JoS.
This is not some xian church where all the members are treated like slaves and where the priest takes credit for all the work the members do.

Very true. Important for people to remember.

The picture of the Girl meme Side-eying Chloe Clem was sold. The "original" copy of it was sold. (I'm not a big fan of computer networking, but if I understand it in very basic terms, then) the "original" copy was sold. NOT! The original would be on someone's computer, or if created online, then a server. The original would be on there, so the person buying it, with whatever code and verification of ownership, would still not be getting the original; rather, a copy. Consider this - the amount of computers between your phone/computer and the JoSM servers is not 0. It is could be 5 or more. Each time, the media from server to your device has to be on each computer in-between. These are known as hops.

An NFT of LeBron James making a historic dunk for the Lakers sold for more than $200,000. A decade-old "Nyan Cat" .gif sold for $600,000. Jack Dorsey's first tweet sold for $2.9 million. I don't know the current status, but Kings of Leon was or is releasing/has released an album in the form of an NFT. The artist Grimes sold a bunch of NFTs for nearly $6 million. Christie's auction house sold the first-ever NFT artwork — a collage of images by digital artist Beeple for $69.3 million.

Non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, are pieces of digital content linked to the blockchain, the digital database underpinning cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin and ethereum. Unlike NFTs, those assets are fungible, meaning they can be replaced or exchanged with another identical one of the same value, much like a dollar bill. NFTs, on the other hand, are unique and not mutually interchangeable, which means no two NFTs are the same.
https://archive.ph/KHrxO

According to a video I saw, two NFTs could be the exact same picture. It seemed to say that the coding and verification stuff are unique.

I wonder if NFTs are also to do with "metaverse" and microchip. Things that make you go Mmn. Cue relevant Futurama clips. Not having physical stuff, but wasting too much money on "intellect"ual property. They have more money than sense. I bet celebrities will be forced into getting on-board with NFTs, as well.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back