Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

I have become over-emotional

Yagami Light

Website
odysee.com
Hello everyone.
I've been having this problem for over a year, but no longer than 3 years.

I have basically become over-emotional.
I can no longer watch movies that show people dying, because I cry like there's no tomorrow and I feel extremely sad. Even advertisements that have a positive meaning make me cry a lot because I am touched by them.

I know that emotionalism should generally not be considered a problem BUT this is something new, and it makes my life difficult.

A google research says that this could be because of depression, stress, diet... I do not believe it's either of them.
My sister insists that I may be depressed (and it pisses me off :p ) but even if I were to rely on a psychologist or psychiatrist (psychiatrist but NOT for pills; just for talking, as they are more aware of brain hormones etc than psychologists do), these meetings would surely be way too many, and I certainly don't have money for that.

I assume I could do a working with runes (Isa?) to calm myself down, but the thing is, if this is a problem, it's best to find the source than to repress it.
Also, void meditation doesn't really help. When I see something bad/positive, the emotions just burst out of me very violently and I have no control over them. I mean, I will start crying immediately before I even have the time to think and keep my calm.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how to deal with this... I mean, how to find the source of it.
Could you suggest me anything?

Thank you.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it sounds like either an astrology influence, or maybe you doing your meditations has made some repressed energies start coming loose. Which is a good thing because if you keep going it will all come out and go away and you won't have too much anymore.

Henu the Great said:

Ol argedco luciftias said:

Thank you both for the responses.
I did wonder if it could be because of meditation, but I've been doing so little, I don't believe so. :/

And I hadn't even considered the astrological influence! :roll:
Thank you both, I will check it out. :)

Yagami Light said:
Hello everyone.

I can no longer watch movies that show people dying, because I cry like there's no tomorrow and I feel extremely sad. Even advertisements that have a positive meaning make me cry a lot because I am touched by them.

I know that emotionalism should generally not be considered a problem BUT this is something new, and it makes my life difficult.

A google research says that this could be because of depression, stress, diet... I do not believe it's either of them.
My sister insists that I may be depressed (and it pisses me off :p ) but even if I were to rely on a psychologist or psychiatrist (psychiatrist but NOT for pills; just for talking, as they are more aware of brain hormones etc than psychologists do), these meetings would surely be way too many, and I certainly don't have money for that.

I assume I could do a working with runes (Isa?) to calm myself down, but the thing is, if this is a problem, it's best to find the source than to repress it.
Also, void meditation doesn't really help. When I see something bad/positive, the emotions just burst out of me very violently and I have no control over them. I mean, I will start crying immediately before I even have the time to think and keep my calm.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how to deal with this... I mean, how to find the source of it.

Thank you.
If it's not a planetary transit that's causing you these emotions, I think you could use the Thurisaz runes (''White magic: rune of healing. Gives wisdom, courage, mental strength, independence and leadership skills.''), Kenaz (''This rune can be used to direct and influence emotions'') or Sowilo and any solar/fire mantra.

The prayer mudra can help if this happens during a time that isn't desirable for you. If you're in a situation where this is a problem then you can meditate for a couple minutes with the mudra and feel its energy, it's helped me when I needed to get my bearings in a given moment. But work with your emotions, and let them out later when you feel safe to do so again otherwise it can have a build-up affect.

There's really nothing wrong with crying when you feel moved by something though. It just sounds like your empathy is developing more strongly to the world around you.

Yagami Light said:
Hello everyone.

Thank you.

This could be also an imbalance of hormones, especially if you are on your 30s.

What some patients of mine experience is that they are shocked from all the pandemic/lockdown situation, having their lives being changed without them wanting to, and in combination with what is happening around them, they struggle with what they have to deal with. This can lead to emotional steam offs such as anger, sadness etc. that seem to have no "obvious" reason at that moment.

Isa rune isn't the best solution, as it will restrain your emotions and then this could find a way to come out in your body then you'll have symptoms in your body.
In general, repressing our emotions isn't healthy. Working with your emotions and trying to understand yourself works wonders. I would go with kenaz as said above, as a temporary solution until fiding the root of this.

Also, if you visit a psychiatrist keep in mind that they usually just want to prescribe medication to "solve" the "problem" and move on to the next patient.

Hope this helps.

Yagami Light said:

In a very general sense, it is the earth element that restrains everything, including excess emotions. So if you have a weaker Saturn, then this could be the case. You can use Nauthiz to improve this condition. Isa can work, but Nauthiz is better, especially if the problem is due to too much water since Isa is like solid ice as energy.

What you describe in your post sounds like high sensitivity, not really depression. So it is possible you are predisposed, astrologically, combined with a transit. Perhaps, doing a working or square furthered your sensitivity, or it simply improved as a result of general advancement.

Yagami Light said:
Hello everyone.

Thank you.

If this is new to you it’ll probably level out, if you’re a girl or even male it could be hormonal but if you’re male you might want to get your hormones tested, if there’s excess female hormones in a male it can signify a range of things and at worst tumors.

But aside from that, if you’re not lashing out at people and this is just it, it’s completely fine and totally normal. I get that way, especially when I’m hormonal, if I’m comfortable and secure in life. Going through hard times I shut off a bit. But if someone tells me something sad I will cry, or if I think of something touching I’ll cry. Commercials have done it for me. Movies. Sometimes silly ones that you wouldn’t think would. I think you should consider it a blessing.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back