Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Spiders

Saturn666

What significance does the spider have in symbolism?
I don't mean in dreams, but for example in psychology, in popular cultures, in ancient pagan civilizations, maybe even in mythology if there are any.
I ask this because I find them cute and also nice animals, literally this is what I sometimes think when I see one in an image or even in reality, I'm not even afraid to get close to them, of course, unless they slip into me in clothes.
When I see a small one I react like most people would react to seeing a pug puppy.
In the past I had heard that every phobia towards animals represents a precise psychological mechanism, which goes beyond the simple fear of a dangerous animal, for example on the spider I heard that the spider represents the fear of being trapped in relationships, or represents the problems of life, I do not know if this is true, looking on the internet I have not found exhaustive information about it.
What interests me most is to understand the psychological meaning of my "combination" of reactions between the phobia of wasps and hornets (also bees, but since I know they almost never attack, if I see one I'm calm) and the sympathy towards of spiders.
Plus I'm also curious about the spiritual meaning of spiders, and if they have any meaning even in Satanism (like bees) or in civilizations like the Egyptians.

Saturn666 said:
I don't mean in dreams, but for example in psychology, in popular cultures, in ancient pagan civilizations, maybe even in mythology if there are any.
I ask this because I find them cute and also nice animals, literally this is what I sometimes think when I see one in an image or even in reality, I'm not even afraid to get close to them, of course, unless they slip into me in clothes.
When I see a small one I react like most people would react to seeing a pug puppy.
In the past I had heard that every phobia towards animals represents a precise psychological mechanism, which goes beyond the simple fear of a dangerous animal, for example on the spider I heard that the spider represents the fear of being trapped in relationships, or represents the problems of life, I do not know if this is true, looking on the internet I have not found exhaustive information about it.
What interests me most is to understand the psychological meaning of my "combination" of reactions between the phobia of wasps and hornets (also bees, but since I know they almost never attack, if I see one I'm calm) and the sympathy towards of spiders.
Plus I'm also curious about the spiritual meaning of spiders, and if they have any meaning even in Satanism (like bees) or in civilizations like the Egyptians.

Retrograde mercury is a great time for self study I've learned quite a lot, in these few weeks. you just need to know where to look, try different ways of wording your question or make it more general so that different results appear. research is its own reward

I think someone said Spiders were transposed with Scorpio in a zodiac calendar. I can see this, since most spiders are "weavers"

for self study this pdf is quite revealing http://www.sino-platonic.org/complete/spp118_chinese_weaving_goddess.pdf

found this on a wiki page during my own search.

ChaosBringer666 said:
Saturn666 said:

Retrograde mercury is a great time for self study I've learned quite a lot, in these few weeks. you just need to know where to look, try different ways of wording your question or make it more general so that different results appear. research is its own reward

I think someone said Spiders were transposed with Scorpio in a zodiac calendar. I can see this, since most spiders are "weavers"

for self study this pdf is quite revealing http://www.sino-platonic.org/complete/spp118_chinese_weaving_goddess.pdf

found this on a wiki page during my own search.

That person who said it was me, and the ancient Mexicans called the Milky Way "the Divine Web". And in astrology, many people who have prominent Scorpio and/or Libra placements are really good with poetry, writing, weaving and creativity associated with the hands, especially if they're in Mercury, Venus or Mars. The ancient Mexican also associated the spider to the Goddess Lilith, and called her the Mother of the Universe. She was heavily revered and spiders were symbols of divine messengers, and designed braids to resemble spider legs.

I got this ;)

The spider is a symbol of scorpio, along with the scorpion, both are venomous arachnids. It's planetary energies are pluto and mars.

Spider's correspondences include strength (predators,) deception (invisible web,) fate (weavers of destiny like the Fates,) war/destruction of enemies (true conflict, not fake jew wars, spiders are fiercely territorial and generally kill percieved rivals on sight/sense) and dramatic transformation (pluto- see next paragraph.)

One of the few spiritual visions I've ever had involved spiders. A bit of background- I was a weak child, kind but naive, horribly bullied in school and at home by abusive parents. Sick allllll tbe time. I was dragged to church services and Sunday school for years, always with the threat of eternal punishment, never any positive reason like spirituality or social events. After my "Confirmation" as a teenager my parents told me "now it's your responsibility to keep the faith." I never attended a mass again unless it was a wedding, funeral, or something involving people I gave a damn about.

Fast forward a few years, I never had good visualization or meditation skills, but one time a "vision" just started happening, maybe a lucid dream. I experienced standing somewhere rocky, under a dark sky (cliche I know.) I had spiders crawling all over my body- there was no fear, no disgust, they felt protective. A fist-sized female black widow crawled down my arm and sank it's fangs into my wrist. (I never saw or care about the "spiderman" movies so please don't reference them.) There was no pain, just what felt like an infusion of energy. I became a totally different person after that.

I don't believe it was an enemy vision- I started hating mainstream religion even more. I started questioning authority. I became much more aggressive (no more tolerating bullying of any kind, I began pursuing my interests instead of wishful thinking) but at the same time extroverted in a positive way. I wasn't shy anymore, now *I* started striking up conversations with people, imstead of hiding at social gatherings.

Was this a god manifesting in a way I could understand? A spirit animal? I still don't know. An interesting cultural reference- the Dungeons and Dragon's spider goddess "Lolth," has the same Hebrew consonants as "Lilith." Could it be one of the jew's many tricks? I don't know, and I'm not trying to blaspheme- I have never spoken to Lilith I'm just saying the names are similar.

Spidersweb said:
I got this ;)

The spider is a symbol of scorpio, along with the scorpion, both are venomous arachnids. It's planetary energies are pluto and mars.

Spider's correspondences include strength (predators,) deception (invisible web,) fate (weavers of destiny like the Fates,) war/destruction of enemies (true conflict, not fake jew wars, spiders are fiercely territorial and generally kill percieved rivals on sight/sense) and dramatic transformation (pluto- see next paragraph.)

One of the few spiritual visions I've ever had involved spiders. A bit of background- I was a weak child, kind but naive, horribly bullied in school and at home by abusive parents. Sick allllll tbe time. I was dragged to church services and Sunday school for years, always with the threat of eternal punishment, never any positive reason like spirituality or social events. After my "Confirmation" as a teenager my parents told me "now it's your responsibility to keep the faith." I never attended a mass again unless it was a wedding, funeral, or something involving people I gave a damn about.

Fast forward a few years, I never had good visualization or meditation skills, but one time a "vision" just started happening, maybe a lucid dream. I experienced standing somewhere rocky, under a dark sky (cliche I know.) I had spiders crawling all over my body- there was no fear, no disgust, they felt protective. A fist-sized female black widow crawled down my arm and sank it's fangs into my wrist. (I never saw or care about the "spiderman" movies so please don't reference them.) There was no pain, just what felt like an infusion of energy. I became a totally different person after that.

I don't believe it was an enemy vision- I started hating mainstream religion even more. I started questioning authority. I became much more aggressive (no more tolerating bullying of any kind, I began pursuing my interests instead of wishful thinking) but at the same time extroverted in a positive way. I wasn't shy anymore, now *I* started striking up conversations with people, imstead of hiding at social gatherings.

Was this a god manifesting in a way I could understand? A spirit animal? I still don't know. An interesting cultural reference- the Dungeons and Dragon's spider goddess "Lolth," has the same Hebrew consonants as "Lilith." Could it be one of the jew's many tricks? I don't know, and I'm not trying to blaspheme- I have never spoken to Lilith I'm just saying the names are similar.
hmmm that's interesting. (resisting Spider-Man reference) Perhaps it was a powerful transit with mars and it's just how you perceived it, not to say it couldn't have been a God it's hard to definitively say

if any God closely resembles the attributes of a Spider I would say Hades/Nergal since in ancient cravings he has scorpion in them and has been said that Nergal rules the Sacral chakra. (like how Inanna rules the heart chakra)

however there are other Gods that do incorporate aspects of the Spider in their mythos.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back