Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Art

AlexElPM

Hello fellow SS. I'm making big changes in my life. I'm discovering what my hobbies are, and I think that art is very atractive for me. I'm learning about drawing and music. I don't know if in a future I would try to learn more about other art disciplines (maybe dancing, singing... who knows).

I searched for a lot of information, but I would like to know your opinions. How can I get money by making art? I've seen a lot of ways: selling your own art, making commissions, freelancer... what do you think?

This is important: as I stated at the first paragraph, I'm not an expert. I'm learning, I'm a noobie. But I'm still young, so I think I have time. Another important thing to know is that I'm learning by my own. There is not so many educational centers where I live (even less if we think about art). I'm NOT from US. I wouldn't mind to study a degree if it is needed, but the chances here are so small. And afterall, I'm more productive working alone, by myself.

Well, you kinda answered your own question. I would say share your art around first, get people to know you, get visible so that people can appreciate your art, and then start thinking on monetizing it.

Step by step. Develop your skills first. Good luck.

Hail Satan!

Larissa666 said:
Well, you kinda answered your own question. I would say share your art around first, get people to know you, get visible so that people can appreciate your art, and then start thinking on monetizing it.

Hail Satan!

Thanks, but I forgot to say something else in the original post. I like art in general, but for me animation is the best. Any advice about animation??

I see how to get money by making art, but... what I was talking about is: can art be my work? I don't want art to be only my hobbie. Time flies when you do what you like.

AlexElPM said:
Hello fellow SS. I'm making big changes in my life. I'm discovering what my hobbies are, and I think that art is very atractive for me. I'm learning about drawing and music. I don't know if in a future I would try to learn more about other art disciplines (maybe dancing, singing... who knows).

I searched for a lot of information, but I would like to know your opinions. How can I get money by making art? I've seen a lot of ways: selling your own art, making commissions, freelancer... what do you think?

This is important: as I stated at the first paragraph, I'm not an expert. I'm learning, I'm a noobie. But I'm still young, so I think I have time. Another important thing to know is that I'm learning by my own. There is not so many educational centers where I live (even less if we think about art). I'm NOT from US. I wouldn't mind to study a degree if it is needed, but the chances here are so small. And afterall, I'm more productive working alone, by myself.

I suggest studying Loomis' books (except "Fun with a pencil"). "Perspective made easy" is also a great book. Also draw with your elbow and shoulder to prevent carpel tunnel syndrome (save your wrist for small details) and remember to always straighten your back. You don't want to be like Togashi (mangaka) who has injured his back and thus unable to continue his series (HunterxHunter) diligently.

When you take art as a job, it is not a hobby anymore. You have to dish out commisions daily with speed and quality. Since it is a job, you have to work 8 or more hours drawing to make ends meet.

I have read on 4chan's /ic/ (persons that is heavily intersted in drawing, painting, etc.). Some practice drawing for 8 hours; they learn fundamentals, drawing straight lines, etc., they call it grinding. Some resort to drawing NSFW to get commissions. Some have jobs outside of drawing and draw in their free time.

You are lucky since you are a Spiritual Satanist. You could get help from a god to mentor you or you can invocate a god to show you how drawing is done efficiently.

AlexElPM said:
Larissa666 said:

Hail Satan!

Thanks, but I forgot to say something else in the original post. I like art in general, but for me animation is the best. Any advice about animation??

I see how to get money by making art, but... what I was talking about is: can art be my work? I don't want art to be only my hobbie. Time flies when you do what you like.

I am afraid that I cannot answer the first question because I never did animation. As for second question, I don't see why not? If you are successful, you can make nice money, even get employed by some company dealing in animation.

RockSeed13 said:
AlexElPM said:

I suggest studying Loomis' books (except "Fun with a pencil"). "Perspective made easy" is also a great book. Also draw with your elbow and shoulder to prevent carpel tunnel syndrome (save your wrist for small details) and remember to always straighten your back. You don't want to be like Togashi (mangaka) who has injured his back and thus unable to continue his series (HunterxHunter) diligently.

When you take art as a job, it is not a hobby anymore. You have to dish out commisions daily with speed and quality. Since it is a job, you have to work 8 or more hours drawing to make ends meet.

I have read on 4chan's /ic/ (persons that is heavily intersted in drawing, painting, etc.). Some practice drawing for 8 hours; they learn fundamentals, drawing straight lines, etc., they call it grinding. Some resort to drawing NSFW to get commissions. Some have jobs outside of drawing and draw in their free time.

You are lucky since you are a Spiritual Satanist. You could get help from a god to mentor you or you can invocate a god to show you how drawing is done efficiently.

This is how it is currently in the art world. Instead of appreciating true art and skill (which takes time!!!) people are pushed to make make make, crossing boundaries of that which is healthy.
A lot of unhealthy habits live in the art world.

I found a video of an art teacher telling that students have so much homework that they stay up to 3am to finish it all. every single day.

Also in japan as a manga artist, your hourly wage is not even that much. You'd probably make about the same hourly there as if you were to work at a clothing store.

Take time to think over what you want to do, how you want to do it and your approach and limitations.

Also there are courses out there that will teach you how to draw certain elements. You do not have to reinvent the wheel.

Good luck!

AlexElPM said:
Larissa666 said:

Hail Satan!

For animation you can follow a related school/university and get a degree, making you easily employable into an animation field.

I would like to suggest Ethan Becker's video's but if you have like a grasp on your own on drawing or animation fundamental's then you don't have to follow them too much. He's just trying to export shortcuts of good art to those who can't so they develop stuff quicker. Take note that the dude is very sarcastic and goofy(Makes him real entertaining as an art instruction channel), it's just his channel persona trying to get you to learn something from him in a memorable way.

This isn't a substitute to attaining degrees by the way. To earn out of this, attain a degree for digital animation and prove your worth for a company you want to work in/or do this indie as stated by Larissa then you're set to raking in bread for your artworks as long as you keep doing stuff flawless/you keep yourself relevant.

AlexElPM said:
Larissa666 said:

Hail Satan!

Most animation studios today use 3d software instead of 2d drawing. I suggest learning blender, maya, etc.

Thanks to you all for all the replies. I really apreciated it :)

Wildfire said:
This isn't a substitute to attaining degrees by the way. To earn out of this, attain a degree for digital animation and prove your worth for a company you want to work in/or do this indie as stated by Larissa then you're set to raking in bread for your artworks as long as you keep doing stuff flawless/you keep yourself relevant.

I confess that studies are saturating me... I started to hate them, and the situation makes me sad... I have a very strong Saturn in Gemini and I think that may be the reason. All the people around me have better studies than me (I barely have). I only want to do what I love and grow spiritually, I am motivated and prepared to work on it as much as necessary, I have the energy to do it, but seems hard to take one’s own way…

AlexElPM said:
Thanks to you all for all the replies. I really apreciated it :)

Wildfire said:

I confess that studies are saturating me... I started to hate them, and the situation makes me sad... I have a very strong Saturn in Gemini and I think that may be the reason. All the people around me have better studies than me (I barely have). I only want to do what I love and grow spiritually, I am motivated and prepared to work on it as much as necessary, I have the energy to do it, but seems hard to take one’s own way…

Welp, but we can't live a fully spiritual life yet since the enemy is still being a bitch and is alive and dancing for its life like a psychopath right now. But what this system is doing at the same time is keeping us alive in a way we're still gored and tormented by it, but the torment increases as the life support decreases(The enemy is like one abusive parent but way worse, that's mankind's big obstacle now). Well, what is a character without development or character arc? We have the magic and methods to amplify our result to yeehaw life and our material efforts so...what about amplifying the spark in us to do stuff?

This problem seems similar to one anti-laziness working said around here long ago which has to do with the use of the rune Sowilo. Try going into the runes section in the JoS and use control + F(Type in your type of working: what you're doing this for) and find what runes you need for your thing. You might want to read this thread on your motivation is at an energy crisis state: https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63847&p=293850&hilit=working+laziness#p293850

For your inference of a Saturn problem to yourself, I believe you might know this already. Saturn can be turned around like a planet that will steel you into a better person. Life to me looks like a library of epic stories full of protagonists put into different walks to come out victorious off, no matter how many around us have fallen by forces beyond their control or out of their unrealized misfortune.

In the end, it will always be about defying being pinballed by the circumstances of nature and turning it around for the better, or we let ourselves get pinballed. Comparing each one to another, all are very random because there are those who became villains throughout the long run and made their own life an ultra crappy read that needs to be burnt.

I'm no expert at this, I am just recalling what was said here but in a way that it comes from an individual who sucks at remembering names.

Anyways, good luck fellow Satanic hero, keep empowering yourself while using what Satan introduces to all of us which can also be used in getting each one of us to a stable Satanic giga-chad life.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back