Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Why is the silence deafening?

BlackEagle666

Website
www.josafrica.com
One of our greatest fears is silence...We constantly run and avoid it. Everywhere you will notice our habit of drowning our silence in noise and stimulation. It's like a dark mark that forever haunts us and wants to destroy us. How untrue.

Many of us live under a veil of forgetfulness and fear, not realizing how afraid we are to be in silence and harmony with our own self. We will find any way to fill that void.
We will pollute ourselves with noise and anxiety and numb our minds so that we live our lives in a state of dream and illusion.

Silence makes us uncomfortable. We can even argue that it bores us to embrace that silence. But what really bothers us is ourselves: we don't know what to do with ourselves, or what to think, or even who we are.

Ultimately, we find that we are not uncomfortable with the silence, but with ourselves. With our own minds...

I discovered this a few weeks ago when I was on a mountain vacation. Somewhere remote, lonely and quiet. I started to wander a few miles away from the area where I was staying, because I like to walk in nature. Walking and walking, I reach the top of the mountain. Everything was deserted. Literally not a sound was heard. Everything was as silent as death - not a car, not a person, not a sound from the animals.

I was suddenly overcome by this silence, as if I had fallen through an abyss of peace. The depth of the silence was both unsettling and breathtaking. Rarely do we get to experience complete silence, and when we do, we become restless and want to distract our minds from it. When we hear nothing, our minds are quiet and because we are used to so much stimulation from the outside world, we become frightened.

Once I had been on the mountaintop for a while and got used to the silence, I began to feel so pleasant...The silence helped to free me, to calm me, to let myself be carried away by peace, as nothing else has ever made me feel like this.... I became introspective and curious, wondering why silence is so avoided. Solitude lived in silence is one of the most natural and simple, but often avoided, ways of increasing awareness.

Just think of the moment before sleep. You're in your bed, lying in darkness, quiet and peaceful, and many thoughts come to mind. You might even realize that you are the most mindful and thoughtful during these moments.
This is because you are with yourself, in silence. There are no distracting stimuli.

Silence is calming. It provides a pathway to awareness and, when embraced, allows us to reach a heightened level of wisdom and a heightened state of consciousness.

The most important thing to realize is that silence is so deafening to us because in it we are aware of all our mistakes, all our insecurities, all our problems. When we become aware of these and are left to face them alone, without distraction, we want to avoid it...
We want to ignore the one thing that helps us unite with our present reality, and that is silence...

Hail Satan!

This was nice to read :)

Silence never bothered me. But most people especially from cities, they can't stand silence and need to put on music or something, or the tv as background noise. Most people don't like to be alone with their thoughts. I love it though.

That was beautiful, reading this, I imagined myself on top of that mountain experiencing the silence... it must be truly amazing. Sometimes I go camping in the wild to look for this silence, to hear nothing but the animals which is very peaceful and relaxing, but I never had the opportunity to go to a mountain, never really experienced complete silence.

People are so afraid of silence because their thoughts might challenge their unhealthy behaviors and force them to face reality for what it truly is.

I have actually observed this on people around me and thought about it for a while. Everyone wants to escape reality somehow, everyone is always on their phones, everyone is playing games, doing drugs, living inside social media, or inside nextflix, whatever, anything that will trigger a challenge in the mind is to be avoided, nobody likes the current reality, so they escape and conform as they think they are powerless.

But it is by facing reality through this silence and deep introspection that one can break down walls in the mind and break free from the chains, either from the enemy or their own.

BlackOnyx8 said:

That was beautiful, reading this, I imagined myself on top of that mountain experiencing the silence... it must be truly amazing. Sometimes I go camping in the wild to look for this silence, to hear nothing but the animals which is very peaceful and relaxing, but I never had the opportunity to go to a mountain, never really experienced complete silence.

People are so afraid of silence because their thoughts might challenge their unhealthy behaviors and force them to face reality for what it truly is.

I have actually observed this on people around me and thought about it for a while. Everyone wants to escape reality somehow, everyone is always on their phones, everyone is playing games, doing drugs, living inside social media, or inside nextflix, whatever, anything that will trigger a challenge in the mind is to be avoided, nobody likes the current reality, so they escape and conform as they think they are powerless.

But it is by facing reality through this silence and deep introspection that one can break down walls in the mind and break free from the chains, either from the enemy or their own.
Yeah. I'm so lucky to be able to walk in nature at least once a week.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back