Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Tai chi, qigong, gradually destroys social anxiety.

I had been doing it last year at the end of the year for a month and one day I noticed stillness in my mind while talking to someone face to face. Previously, during social contact face to face i was anxious and thinking.

But on that particular one day after doing qigong and Tai chi for few weeks less than a month (I did it with extreme interest in the practice, didn't do it without being interested and I enjoyed it) then one day in a Face to face communication in the class where I was only the guy and all of them were girls, I didn't feel anxious..

Moreover, I felt mentally and physically active instead of lethargic.

Due to some court shit it wasted my entire year and now I'm restarting it again.

The exercise in Tai chi qi gong which involves slow movements of body I think stills the mind and doing it for long periods can make it the positive effects permanent and lasting.

These are some of my favorite practices. They make the most sense to me and help me feel really free and natural. There are Qi-gong based dances that are especially amazing. It’s something I can just do moving around the house since I’m kind of a restless person naturally. I like to move to get out of my head.

These practices don't directly influence social anxiety, but rather indirectly since they make your mind still, and what happens when your mind is still? You don't overthink in social situations, as thus decreasing social anxiety.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back