Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Herbal Medicine Manufacturing

Alta Serpentis

Hey y'all, it's been a while since I've posted but I have been very busy with meditations and now own a business so it's kept me away. I know we have a health and wellness area on the forums but it gets very little traffic and I feel that this is important so I want to put it where many people can see it. As society gets worse, and even possibly breaks, it's important to be very prepared. We all know to stock up on food and water and make sure we have a defensible shelter, something you may not think about though are things like the common cold. Let's say for example the grid goes down, there's no one to make medicine, the pharmacies get raided and your over the counter meds are set to expire soon. This can be dangerous because illness will persist and back in the day, people got taken out by very trivial thing any today's standards. Of course a strong aura of protection is foremost but knowledge on how to not only treat ailments but take preventative measures is important.
I run an apothecary/pagan supply store (patroned by Decarabia, much credit to him) and if there is interest I'd be more then willing to share some knowledge on how to make infusions, diffusions, tinctures, balms, and more. I could also share the properties of herbs, blends I use, and other miscellaneous information. By no means am I a doctor but herbal medicine has been proven by modern science, so while I can't give out a diagnosis nor tell you what you need to take to fix x or y legally speaking, I can share with you things that "may" work, or have been proven to work in the past.
But yeah, comment is youde like me to drop some information, it's be alot to compile though so it's take many days but I think it's an important skill and could help alot of people out. Thanks!

I am definitely interested, this is a subject I really enjoy, to learn to identify plants and their properties, I was going to make a book (compilation of many many sources) on the local plants, mushrooms as well, but unfortunately that is very time consuming to do all the research and put it all in one place, the relevant information anyway.

Most ”weeds” are in fact highly valuable in terms of medicinal properties, plantain is one example, one of my favourites.

One thing I was starting to get into was the other forms of usage besides the traditional infusion. Besides what you mentioned, which I would also love to know your recipes. Do you happen to know how to extract the essential oils at home? From my research you need at least some lab material for the process.

But anyway I would love to take a look at your website and whatever else you have to share on the matter. Thank you

BlackOnyx8 said:
I am definitely interested, this is a subject I really enjoy, to learn to identify plants and their properties, I was going to make a book (compilation of many many sources) on the local plants, mushrooms as well, but unfortunately that is very time consuming to do all the research and put it all in one place, the relevant information anyway.

Most ”weeds” are in fact highly valuable in terms of medicinal properties, plantain is one example, one of my favourites.

One thing I was starting to get into was the other forms of usage besides the traditional infusion. Besides what you mentioned, which I would also love to know your recipes. Do you happen to know how to extract the essential oils at home? From my research you need at least some lab material for the process.

But anyway I would love to take a look at your website and whatever else you have to share on the matter. Thank you

Steam destillation. If you have a destillation kettle for alcohol, you need to think about what temperature it needs to be, and put the plants on top of a rack. the water underneath should be steaming or steam should be lead into it.

You'll have hydrolate with the essential oils floating on top. Both the hydrolate and the essential oil can be used.

The amount of essential oil that you'd get from this process depends on how much excists within a plant.
In example, roses contain very little essential oils. Therefore they are very expensive. Think about 75 euro for 10-50 ml. Or something along those lines.
Better get the hydrolate from that.

Theres also an oxidization form of destilling and thats used for ginger (if I am correct it could also be ginseng but it was very very sharp in taste). Do some of your own research on this because I cannot tell you more.

Sybellum said:
Hey y'all, it's been a while since I've posted but I have been very busy with meditations and now own a business so it's kept me away. I know we have a health and wellness area on the forums but it gets very little traffic and I feel that this is important so I want to put it where many people can see it. As society gets worse, and even possibly breaks, it's important to be very prepared. We all know to stock up on food and water and make sure we have a defensible shelter, something you may not think about though are things like the common cold. Let's say for example the grid goes down, there's no one to make medicine, the pharmacies get raided and your over the counter meds are set to expire soon. This can be dangerous because illness will persist and back in the day, people got taken out by very trivial thing any today's standards. Of course a strong aura of protection is foremost but knowledge on how to not only treat ailments but take preventative measures is important.
I run an apothecary/pagan supply store (patroned by Decarabia, much credit to him) and if there is interest I'd be more then willing to share some knowledge on how to make infusions, diffusions, tinctures, balms, and more. I could also share the properties of herbs, blends I use, and other miscellaneous information. By no means am I a doctor but herbal medicine has been proven by modern science, so while I can't give out a diagnosis nor tell you what you need to take to fix x or y legally speaking, I can share with you things that "may" work, or have been proven to work in the past.
But yeah, comment is youde like me to drop some information, it's be alot to compile though so it's take many days but I think it's an important skill and could help alot of people out. Thanks!

Herbalists were refered in the past but they were put away by the church as quacks. And some truly were quacks or at least con-men.

Now they do this today, because of 'modern science' has proven that the isolated substances work. Then they set up an entire thing that said 'only you are a doctor if you only work with this and this' and that was the start of the patented stuff. They even set up their entire own medical school.
And they called all the old systems quackery. Like they were trying to reinvent the wheel.

Old herbal applications are now supported by 'modern science' that determined that x substance is indeed available within a plant, and as thus that x substance has x effect.
However, that is not the way to diagnose a person. To treat it like a machine. People are not machines.

If you want to know more about how to use it in depth, research, start with ancient egypt, then try to find the greek and roman writings. I've been looking into this in my own time, on my own pace (which means I still have a ton of reading and studying to do).
That is, if you're european and interested in the european style. Chinese medicine and aryuveda are just as legitimate (if not more) to use their system and herbs for treatment, and they're not as 'stripped to the bone' as western herbalism is. Nor are they made to sound like complete commercial treatments (that I am aware of), with popular advice like 'one size fits all' treatment.

Im wary to post my business on the forums for two principal reasons, the first being I'm not trying to market. As much as JoS members are the true target demographic for the pagan supply I provide, I want this to come off as educational as possible and not as an advertisement. Secondarily it poses a threat to my business, who knows whose on here with access to x or y. If someone really wanted to take me down they'd only have to find one flaw with my taxes or regulation compliance and that sort of scrutiny is highly unwanted. Since interest has been expressed though ill begin drafting up the first part of what I can only assume will be a hefty series on infusion and have that posted by next week hopefully. As for essential oils, I haven't done much with it due to that exact reason. You need at the very least a basic steam distillation system which can run anywhere from 100-300$

Yes, actually, I'm sorry for saying I wanted to look into your website. If it's something that is connected to your real identity, this is the last place on Earth you should post it.
Thank you for sharing the knowledge though. I've been wanting to build my own "pharmacy" for a while now, and haven't found the time to fully dedicate to that, just a few things here and there.
Sure science plays a big role and should not be ignored when it's needed, but a lot of issues can be healed by plants alone.

Interesting, I will look into that, thank you. Also, I never thought of searching for the ancient cultures on this subject, all I've got is a lot of books on wild plants and medicinal properties, I will try to find something.

Sybellum said:
Im wary to post my business on the forums for two principal reasons, the first being I'm not trying to market. As much as JoS members are the true target demographic for the pagan supply I provide, I want this to come off as educational as possible and not as an advertisement. Secondarily it poses a threat to my business, who knows whose on here with access to x or y. If someone really wanted to take me down they'd only have to find one flaw with my taxes or regulation compliance and that sort of scrutiny is highly unwanted. Since interest has been expressed though ill begin drafting up the first part of what I can only assume will be a hefty series on infusion and have that posted by next week hopefully. As for essential oils, I haven't done much with it due to that exact reason. You need at the very least a basic steam distillation system which can run anywhere from 100-300$

You could look for general information sources online and link them with the information you post. You don't have to copy exactly what you do in your business :)

There are some herbs that could be used as a 'first aid' treatment. Perhaps thats maybe a kind of way you could start with it?

Also fyi the gov where I am from has decided that what a herb is used for is to be no longer labelled on the packaging. You can say something general like 'aids digestion' but nothing like 'combats inflammation of the large intestine' or something randomly specific like that.

Do what you want, decide on how you want to publish it, in the safest way possible for you okay :)

Sybellum said:

I would love this please share! I have bought books on herbalism i have skimmed through but have not yet gotten into reading enough. I have an interest in this myself, and am also big on crystals :) Decarabia is my guardian ^^! Pretty sure i "stumbled" on this for a reason

Maybe you could tell us about some decent accurate sources about working with medicinal herbs, their properties, etc

What's your opinion on Holy Basil or Tulsi. I heard that can be consumed to cleanse energy path ways. A few years ago when I was doing rituals to the Gods I added having Tulsi tea to the rituals. I don't do that anymore since I can't easily find it since I moved but I wonder what anyone's thoughts on it is.

Sorry for the late reply and not being able to post yet, I'm dedicating tommorow too it, my car broke so I'm in a bit of a financial pickle, I should have the first part up though soon, it'll be about infusions (teas). I'm from America so I can't legally diagnose anything but I can hail the wonderful uses of plants to my heart's content, I heartily appreciate your concern for me though. Herbalism is unregulated as a practice here but for manufacturing and selling you have to abide by ghs and dshea laws so it's tedious. I want to post a section covering preventative medicines and reactionary medicines, the difference is important, general keeping and storage methods, a quick run through of what chemicals are in plants and what they do, some of my recipes (I don't mind sharing) and then a little list of other herbs. The internet is a great place for information, specifically the peer reviewed studies on herbs. As to the Tulsi tea question, I haven't looked into it but you've peeled my interest so I'll investigate a bit

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back