Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

3D modelling for education

Stormblood

Hello, everyone.

I was looking for fully-interactable digital 3D models to be used in learning STEM subjects. I believe this is the next frontier of education that should work side by side with practical laboratory classes. I know some militaries use them already for simulations, just like they already use VR/AR which is like next step after modelling.

I am opening this topic because I would like to discuss not the efficacy of these methods, but where to find free (and paid) resources that apply it, and also how to make such models. So, here are my questions:

:arrow: Do you know of any such resources? Can you link them/share them?
:arrow: Do you know how to build such resources? These could also be used for spirituality such as meditations. They could be the next step after GIFs, which we already have for some meditations.
:arrow: Do you have an estimate of how long it could take build them?

As far as my research goes, I only found these:
https://roqed.com/product-science/ - the description of how to use them seems what I am looking for (more or less) but I have not downloaded them and tried them yet.
https://www.biodigital.com/

When we talk about this, think for example of how Tony Stark runs his simulations... Maybe that's an appropriate example. It's not sci-fi. It's just vastly under-used because education establishments and online resources are, for the most part, very behind the times. They do not make use of the technology effectively.

So, this post is for those in possession of such resources (such as students and teachers), those who are good at finding them (researchers) and those who have direct experiences with creation of similar resources. Please, comment here and let's see what we can do.

Let's all say goodbye to flat nonsense and move forward.

Key words: fully interactable, digital, 3D

Stormblood said:
No one smart replying here? Is every still stuck at jewish-level education methods?

I wish I could give you some help, but I have no experience with this.

I do support your idea here. My personal favorite is when scientific papers attempt to describe complicated relationships through words alone, rather than creating an image or animation of some sort. I had one professor mention this was due to some bureaucratic reason to keep using the PDF format, rather than anything more innovative.

I've seen some good 2D animations for education like 3Blue1Brown. They use Python to generate the videos, and it shouldn't be too hard to make an interactive app instead, if one studied their library enough to figure it out.

Part of the issue with your idea is that 3D is "hard".

It's funny, my first reaction of looking at roqed.com that you linked is "Yep, they got stuck on sphere mapping too." For the model of the planet, you can see the stretched lines at the pole, which is the result of putting a 2D image on a sphere. I know it's not that important for the educational value of it, but it just highlights my point that 3D is hard. There are a bunch of weird problems that you never have with 2D, which I suspect is why so few places do interactive 3D. They probably spent a lot more time on that than it seems at first glance. Probably the people best equipped to make what you're describing, are video game programmers. If there's a market for it, then Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft, etc, will all jump in and use their decades of expertise to do it well.

Stormblood said:
No one smart replying here? Is every still stuck at jewish-level education methods?

I am not sure these simulation pages is of any help. I assume you are into biomedical sciences? When we had anatomy we got access to an application that is called Complete Anatomy (available on PC/Mac and iPhone/android). This one is good to use, though not great. I think it is worth to try it out. It has many features, like you can remove body parts to only focus on the arteries, veins, muscles, bones, organs and the like.

In immunology and microbiology we got access to something called "Labster":
https://www.labster.com/simulations/introduction-to-immunology/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=dynamic_english_scandinavia_wiwy&utm_id=google-eu&gclid=Cj0KCQjwof6WBhD4ARIsAOi65ajbUvj326MuY0nnWF3ot0jjdXVD2CAkQwcTM6XEUMBJptLXTeaChUgaAg02EALw_wcB

This simulation website has many features in laboratory settings as well as physiology, biology, chemistry and the like.

I know some in my class use this webpage and simulations:
https://phet.colorado.edu

Another site I know about is still a Beta version, but it might be of interest:
https://vumicro.com

Although I do not like simulations as these and favor direct in-hand experience with laboratory work and the like, I do agree that if schools were to use the simulation technology as effective as Tony Starks' simulations, it would be amazing for the learning outcome!

I hope this helps a little anyway. Good luck on your search and learning!

I think it's great your 3d modeling, animation is a great thing, cause if a jos member created a comic,animation,etc, the reptilian jews would reeeeeeeeeeee like no tomorrow,but as far as 3d modeling not sure,

Satnam666 said:
I think it's great your 3d modeling, animation is a great thing, cause if a jos member created a comic,animation,etc, the reptilian jews would reeeeeeeeeeee like no tomorrow,but as far as 3d modeling not sure,

You will like this.

https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12482

You can find many good 3d modelling/sculpting, animation, video game development courses on Udemy. Though, wait for their sales, they happen frequently and 90% of the courses become very cheap.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back