Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

After Motor Neuron Disease/ALS/LGD struck, he became the world’s most advanced cyborg

FancyMancy

Scientist Dr. Peter Scott-Morgan is pushing the boundaries of "what it means to be human".
YIhxyyL.png

Dr. Peter Scott-Morgan, a prominent British-American robotics scientist, is almost completely paralyzed — save for his piercing blue-gray eyes, which are constantly in motion, typing out text to be spoken by his synthesized voice.

Scott-Morgan, who is 63, remains undaunted, though. “Paralysis is an engineering problem,” he insists, and it’s one he has a solution for: becoming a cyborg. “And when I say ‘cyborg,’ I don’t just mean any old cyborg, you understand, but by far the most advanced human cybernetic organism ever created in 13.8 billion years,” he says.

In 2017, Scott-Morgan was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. His illness, called Motor Neurone Disease (MND) in [English], is the same degenerative disease that afflicted physicist Stephen Hawking. Having spent equal periods of his career living in England and America, he now resides in Torquay, a seaside town in southwest England, with his husband Francis.

He’s been well-known in the U.K. since the 2020 release of a primetime Channel 4 documentary, Peter: The Human Cyborg, and his subsequent memoir, Peter 2.0. Here in the U.S., he is a more obscure figure.

Scott-Morgan doesn’t believe in God; he believes that technology will save him. “All my early science education came from Dr. Who and Star Trek,” he says. “They taught me that if you’re smart enough, brave enough, and have access to technology, anything’s possible.”

The Rebels are working on advancing the ability to customize expressive digital voices, developing self-driving wheelchairs, and embedding smart technology throughout Scott-Morgan’s home.

“With extraordinary support from my husband, Francis, and countless kind and brilliant collaborators, I find the once-dark future incredibly bright,” says Scott-Morgan, whose ultimate goal is to control his synthetic voice, avatar, word predictor, self-driving vehicle, and exoskeleton through a single user interface. To do so, he plans to increasingly rely on AI.

“Cyborg is just a fancy word for part-human, part-machine,” he says. “Contrary to the torturous scare stories about how it feels to be trapped in your own living corpse, the brain moves on. It grieves a bit, and then, if you give it a chance, most of the time, it forgets. Days pass when I never once remember that I could walk, move, or absurdly, even that I could talk in the past.”

Scott-Morgan says he participated in the recent documentary about him to get a message of “thriving” out there to counter our culture’s defeatism around terminal illness. “Society just expects people like me to statistically curl up and die on cue,” says Scott-Morgan. “Instead, I intend to be a human guinea pig, to see just how far we can turn science fiction into reality.”

https://archive.is/2GgnK

I couldn't help but think... not only of the Borg but more specifically of Spock. The robotic non-lifeform who is perfect and as according to Kirk in one of the films, is more Human than Humans. That line really made me sick. An autistic, unfeeling, emotionless (although half-Human but choosing to be non-Human), logical robot Vulcan played by a jew is "more Human" than Humans...

They are gathered because Spock died, and Kirk is speaking so stupidly -

Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, ...his was the most ...human.

:vomit:

I bet jewgene rottenverry got off on that line...

This article is playing on emotions, of course. Also saying that society expects him to curl up and die is also a lie. There are people out there who wish the best, even for strangers, and because of the impending borgification that the jew has wet dreams over, some people who are ignorant might accept and agree that being a cyborg is the correct avenue to go down, especially with pioneers like Hawking. It just so happens that they both were doctors/scientists. A lowly... lower class worker wouldn't get such attention, unless it was a jew and had a huge sob story. Nature (which the jew hates, and as Nature is anti-semitic anyway) made us be in existence without Technology. Now, though, a big distraction in the World is to enborgify us with Tech and turn us into... something unnatural.

For others with motor neuron disease, they inspire people to run marathons -

SIN THE DARK Kevin Sinfield ready to go into a ‘dark place’ during epic 101 mile running challenge
KEVIN Sinfield admits running 101 miles in his latest physical challenge has pal and former team-mate Rob Burrow laughing.

But even though he believes the Government will come good on its promise to add £50 million into research of motor neurone disease, he is ready to put himself in a ‘dark place.’

oPgDWBl.png

Kevin Sinfield is ready to go The Extra Mile by running 101 miles in 24 hours
Credit: SWPIX.COM

XV20wdF.png

Sinfield and a team of runners are doing it for two charities in the name of pal and former team-mate Rob Burrow
Credit: LEEDS RHINOS
https://archive.is/lxLPr

I would like to add a quote from a Kundalini Yoga webpage. The site has been shared before, but in the Lack of sleep destroying me thread, the site was shared again. At the bottom of the page, it says -

COMMENT:
If sleep is a constant problem for you, practice this kriya regularly for 90 days. It can be done before bed at night or in the morning. We waste billions of dollars on sleeping aids and stimulants when a much safer and more stable approach exists in exercise and meditation. Unfortunately, the exercises take effort; a pill doesn't. If you choose to put the effort into this kriya, it will eliminate sleep disturbances and give you alertness throughout the day.

What will this doctor's soul be like in his next life, if he is capable of reincarnating at all?! Also, to round this off, I'll finish with a great and very inspiring link to a video which HPS Shannon shared (I re-uploaded it, just in case) -

Movement is Life! Never, Ever Give-up - Arthur's Inspirational Transformation!
https://www.bitchute.com/video/v14iHb0JRD4Q

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back