Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Lack of sleep destroying me.

StyleCoin

This is getting unbearable, I wake up more than 4 times a night to urinate, this is very annoying, it's disturbing my sleep, I'm getting a little sloppy, this is reducing even my thinking, my IQ is 130, but lately I can only score 115 IQ, I think the lack of sleep is destroying my brain, I need advice how to solve this, magic solves it? If so, I don't mind doing the magic for 180 days, it's a real shit, I just wanted a good sleep. :cry: :(

StyleCoin said:
This is getting unbearable, I wake up more than 4 times a night to urinate, this is very annoying, it's disturbing my sleep, I'm getting a little sloppy, this is reducing even my thinking, my IQ is 130, but lately I can only score 115 IQ, I think the lack of sleep is destroying my brain, I need advice how to solve this, magic solves it? If so, I don't mind doing the magic for 180 days, it's a real shit, I just wanted a good sleep. :cry: :(

What is your diet like? Do you snack a lot and/or eat a lot of carbs(especially sugar)?

The Librarian said:
OK, I had this problem for a while, too much energy with my meditation.

Try getting out and going for a walk, is there a park near you? Just sit there and look around you, look at the birds, at the trees and flowers, let the sun shine on you and take in it's soothing relaxing energy. Don't try to analyze anything, just take it all in.

I found different types of yoga helped me also. There is a mixed variety of yoga routines in my signature, including one for sleep.

Thank you for the Yoga routines!
I saved them all as I also sleep very poorly due to the same reasons as you.

StyleCoin said:

If you are waking up 4 times to pee, this is a sign of kidney yang deficiency and subsequently weakened bladder. The bladder should definitely be able to hold the urine overnight. I have personally observed this before and after having kidney yang deficiency.

The solution is to do your yoga if you haven't already, particularly the poses that stretch or energize the lower back and back of your legs (where the kidneys/kidney meridians are). Next, make sure you hold kidney 3 which will further stimulate the kidney nadi and direct energy to heal it.

KD-3-acupuncture-point.png

If you have a high IQ, then it is likely you have high air. This is then manifesting in your physical body. Skinny people, also known as vata or air constitutions, are prone to these sorts of conditions, as the kidney functions described here are ruled by the lower chakras, particularly the base.

The kidneys act as a battery pack that supplies both yin and yang to the rest of the body, so you can see how it gives the body endurance and therefore relates to earth. However, it is the solar chakra and fire aspects that mostly recharge this battery capacity, hence why fire relates more to overall vitality.

One good way to deal with this is to use the Auruz rune, since it has characteristics of both earth and fire. Also, do plenty of work on your lower chakras and associated planets. For example, this Sunday, with the moon in Aries, you can do an Auruz working for improving your overall vitality, or for healing the kidneys.

More on this relationship, plus other interesting facts: http://www.shen-nong.com/eng/lifestyles/tcmrole_urine_exam_urine.html

The Librarian said:
OK, I had this problem for a while, too much energy with my meditation.

Try getting out and going for a walk, is there a park near you? Just sit there and look around you, look at the birds, at the trees and flowers, let the sun shine on you and take in it's soothing relaxing energy. Don't try to analyze anything, just take it all in.

I found different types of yoga helped me also. There is a mixed variety of yoga routines in my signature, including one for sleep.

How do you know it is a spiritual problem?

StyleCoin said:

It's not good not to sleep, it's bad for your brain, inform yourself. Also, we do not know the cause of your altered urination, please go to your doctor and give him all the information he needs. Of course, do not talk to him about spiritual things because he does not know and therefore cannot help you.

I also get up a couple times to empty my bladder. Go to the toilet but stay in the sleepy state without waking up.

We had piss pots under the bed for that when I was young.

When I get up to empty my bladder I make sure before that toilet seat is down with lid up.

I know the layout of the flat. So I don't put any lighting on and just slowly go in the dark feeling the walls where I'm going.

Then since it's dark I sit to pee.

When I get back in the bed since I was careful to keep the relaxed sleep walking state. I'm not awakened when I climb back in bed.

So it's not a problem that I'm now awake and I sleep easily again very quickly since I didn't wake up.

I've learn't to not clock watch either. As I go to bed I see what time it is and how many hours I will get. I know when my time is up one of my two alarms will let me know. So I don't worry about the time between initial going to bed and having to rise.

And if I cannot sleep I just focus on relaxing and resting.

Also the room should be darkened with thick dark curtains.

Good Luck.

The only addition I can make is to recommend you to stop drinking anything at least 90 minutes before going to sleep. That's the most it takes for people to assimilate water. If you drink enough during the day, there is no need to drink during the night. So make sure you drink enough during the day. This, contrary to popular belief (which is outdated), varies depending on your body weight.

The modern formula is 66 multiplied by your bodyweight in kg. This will give you the value in ml (millilitres). This takes into account moderate, daily physical activity (which everyone is supposed to do to keep a healthy lifestyle).

If you weight yourself in pounds, the same formula is 30 multiplied by your bodyweight in pounds. This will give you the value in ml as well. If you weigh yourself in stones and pounds, then convert your weight to pounds first.

Blitzkreig said:
StyleCoin said:

If you are waking up 4 times to pee, this is a sign of kidney yang deficiency and subsequently weakened bladder. The bladder should definitely be able to hold the urine overnight. I have personally observed this before and after having kidney yang deficiency.

The solution is to do your yoga if you haven't already, particularly the poses that stretch or energize the lower back and back of your legs (where the kidneys/kidney meridians are). Next, make sure you hold kidney 3 which will further stimulate the kidney nadi and direct energy to heal it.

KD-3-acupuncture-point.png

If you have a high IQ, then it is likely you have high air. This is then manifesting in your physical body. Skinny people, also known as vata or air constitutions, are prone to these sorts of conditions, as the kidney functions described here are ruled by the lower chakras, particularly the base.

The kidneys act as a battery pack that supplies both yin and yang to the rest of the body, so you can see how it gives the body endurance and therefore relates to earth. However, it is the solar chakra and fire aspects that mostly recharge this battery capacity, hence why fire relates more to overall vitality.

One good way to deal with this is to use the Auruz rune, since it has characteristics of both earth and fire. Also, do plenty of work on your lower chakras and associated planets. For example, this Sunday, with the moon in Aries, you can do an Auruz working for improving your overall vitality, or for healing the kidneys.

More on this relationship, plus other interesting facts: http://www.shen-nong.com/eng/lifestyles/tcmrole_urine_exam_urine.html

There is a pattern of disease that holds onto water during the day, people dont urinate, but then do that all at night.

Is your advice that you added also a representative of what I just mentioned?

StyleCoin said:
You may have low kidney Jing levels. Jing is pretty much equivalent to the lifeforce, or Qi/Prana. There are many causes that occur daily that create Jing deficiencies, and this can include stress. Stress is one of the biggest factors of Jing Loss. This can be from all aspects of being; physical, emotional/mental, energetic and spiritual. To cultivate Jing one must first stop it's leakage. This is done via stress control. The void meditation, qi gong, breathing exercises and yoga help with this also. Once you identify the causes you can use Chinese kidney herbs such as Rehmannia, Gojiberry, Eleuthero, Eucommia Bark or Schizandra Berry.
In addition to physical methods, don't forget Power Meditation and Kundalini Yoga, which increase Qi and thus also increase Kidney Jing.
Also, the chakra that governs the Kidneys ( and the reproductive organs as they are connected. ) is the sacral one, so empowering it through various methods like cleansing opening and empowering the chakra helps a lot.
From my own experience, the VAUM, RAUM and SaTaNaMa mantras greatly nourish the Jing and sexual energy.
You could start when the time is right a sacral chakra empowerment work or even a kabalistic square of the Sun or Mars, both running over the general energy.
In addition to the above, Chariot of Ra done before bedtime removes blockages and stagnation and could provide better sleep.

Stormblood said:
The modern formula is 66 multiplied by your bodyweight in kg. This will give you the value in ml (millilitres). This takes into account moderate, daily physical activity (which everyone is supposed to do to keep a healthy lifestyle).

66 are you sure not less?

Would mean a person with 70kg would have to drink = 4,62l this is quite much.

I'm curious, do you experience excessive thirst accompanied by frequent urination?

I was a long-time health fanatic and discovered that a lack of sodium in the body is condition called hyponatremia.

Sodium helps us hold water in the body while too much water depletes our sodium. This water constantly getting flushed out can pull other electrolytes with it, including potassium which helps regulate the amount of H20 in the blood. Symptoms may include excessive thirst, dizziness, brain fog, headaches, muscle cramps, tremors and heart palpatations

Perhaps you could try increasing your sodium intake gradually by 25% to 50% and see how your body reacts. I personally found 1 and 1/2 tsp of Himalayan salt to be best for me. I'd also avoid simple carbs (white bread, white rice, etc) because these may also cause frequent urination. This is because of potential insulin resistance which can negatively affect our autonomic nervous system. Symptoms of insulin resistance are bloating, heart burn, light-headedness, fatigue, excessive sweating, flushing of our skin, constipation as well as urinary frequency, urgency and incontinence.

As a final point, coffee over-consumption can trigger this as well. (I know from experience). Coffee can take 8 to 12 hours to be fully metabolized, thus frequent urination can result from consuming above 400mg of caffeine per day.

I love all the other suggestions! There are some bright people here with great information. It could really be a result of various things so I'd suggest trying these many suggestions separate from one another and listening to your body.

Fuchs said:
Stormblood said:

I am perfectly sure. I also tested this myself and other people I know voluntarily tested it as well. There are only benefits, if you increase the amount slowly and steadily, instead of all at once. If you increase too fast, you risk overworking the bladder, as it's used to processing less than necessary, and it needs time to adjust.

Water aids in purification and elimination purposes.

Some other benefits:
:arrow: older people will see their wrinkles become less evident
:arrow: people who are just seeing wrinkles will see them disappear completely (as long as they keep proper intake)
:arrow: less blemishes for people with many manifestations of this kind
:arrow: no blemishes for people with little manifestations of this, even when you indulge in food you shouldn't
:arrow: no skin dryness for people who suffer from it, and less sensitivity for people with sensitive skin
:arrow: oily skin types will need to use no cosmetics
:arrow: flexibility is improved (how much depends on the difference compared to one's previous intake)
:arrow: mental clarity and focus are improved
:arrow: energy levels are improved
:arrow: mood may be improved, motivation too
:arrow: people with high blood pressure (prone to headaches and migraine), will have little to none of these issues as pressure normalises
:arrow: spiritual activities are easier- this last is from experience, not from any studies, obviously

Obviously, it needs to be clean water, not tap water, unless tap water is filtered by a reverse osmosis or similar filter. Hard water causes issues together with the benefits, other than smelling and tasting foul (water should have no taste or no smell, unless you decide to add it to it). Bottle water with low dry residue and good overall mineral content is the next best thing. Number 1, however, is filtered water from the example above and then alkalinised like suggested by HPS Shannon once (and by me later). This number 1 option is also better than ingesting stimulants (i.e. coffee) in raising your energy levels.

It is only much because outdated recommendations have brainwashed people in the 2L/8 glasses a day one-size fits all solution, and in general people are taught bad drinking habits at home by their families and peers even when not being specifically taught the outdated "medical" rule. So, it has become a cultural notion to drink to little water.

What I can say is try it out and see for yourself. A slow, steady increase can be 250ml every 3-5 days.

The only people where I could see issues arising for are people who have already internal issues because they are oversized. This is people 100kg (220lbs) and above, who are 1.93m (6'4") or shorter. There is more leeway for taller people, unless their bones are narrow and thin (i.e. vata types). Notice that this paragraph about issues arising is my own personal understanding, not part of the results of any study.

For the sake of covering as much ground as necessary, I include this story.

Woman died after holding in her wee in a radio Wii 'The End' contest

A woman who competed in a radio station’s contest to see how much water she could drink without going to the [toilet] died of water intoxication.

Jennifer Strange, 28, was found dead Friday in her suburban Rancho Cordova home hours after taking part in the “Hold Your Wee for a Wii” contest in which KDND 107.9 promised a Nintendo Wii video game system for the winner.

Jennifer Strange's mother found her daughter's body at her home Friday in the Sacramento suburb of Rancho Cordova, California, after Strange called her supervisor at her job to say she was heading home in terrible pain.

The results of a preliminary investigation released Saturday showed evidence “consistent with a water intoxication death” in the death of 28-year-old Jennifer Strange, Sacramento County assistant coroner Ed Smith said. Smith said the autopsy found no traces of “life threatening medical conditions” that would have otherwise explained Strange’s sudden death.

Initially, contestants were handed eight-ounce bottles of water to drink every 15 minutes.

“They were small little half-pint bottles, so we thought it was going to be easy,” said fellow contestant James Ybarra of Woodland. “They told us if you don’t feel like you can do this, don’t put your health at risk.”

Ybarra said he quit after drinking five bottles. “My bladder couldn’t handle it anymore,” he added.

After he quit, he said, the remaining contestants, including Strange, were given even bigger bottles to drink.

Code:
https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna16614865
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/woman-dies-after-water-drinking-contest
https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/woman_dies_after_holding_wee_for_nintendo_wii_radio_contest

If I remember correctly, it was going to be a present for her son. Obviously and of course one wouldn't be drinking 10 litres of water at once... but I don't know how foolish some individuals might be.

Stormblood said:
What I can say is try it out and see for yourself. A slow, steady increase can be 250ml every 3-5 days.

Does this slow method also increase absorption throughout the body? That is could you be able to drink one gallon of water per day without peeing every 45 minutes?

I have tried drinking this much before, but I did it by upping to full amount directly. That's why I'm asking.

I forgot to add - too many simple carbs (leading to insulin resistance) cause the body to become resistant to insulin, which results in your body trying to flush out excess glucose via urination.

This is only a concern if you're eating a lot of simple carbs, particularly sugar.

sublimestatanist said:
I forgot to add - too many simple carbs (leading to insulin resistance) cause the body to become resistant to insulin, which results in your body trying to flush out excess glucose via urination.

This is only a concern if you're eating a lot of simple carbs, particularly sugar.
Yes. Unfortunately, most people nowadays eat too much carbs. Not to mention that they are added in most processed foods as sugar. Even if one doesn't eat sugar directly, they can still eat plenty if they don't look at the label of the product(s) they're buying.
ChampionOfSaturn666 said:
StyleCoin said:

What is your diet like? Do you snack a lot and/or eat a lot of carbs(especially sugar)?

So if the answer is yes to my question, you need to cut out carbs and fix your diet. Insulin resistance is no joke and it will affect your health if left unchecked. Snacking(eating in general) will raise your blood sugar, no matter what you eat. So try having 2-3 proper meals per day rather than snacking the whole day.

Inflorescentia said:
Stormblood said:

Does this slow method also increase absorption throughout the body? That is could you be able to drink one gallon of water per day without peeing every 45 minutes?

I have tried drinking this much before, but I did it by upping to full amount directly. That's why I'm asking.

I initially had issues going to the bathroom multiple times a day when I was used to going only twice before. This was because my first time I made the mistake to increase all at once. Eventually, however, the body gets used to and the number of times you need to go, normalises.

Hi,

Maybe this is a habit issue and its enough to break this habit.

many years ago I needed to pie once every night, after that i couldnt sleep and I was always tired.

I find out a little trick that I use 1 maybe 2 times a year. The trick is you take 2 mL (40% of a teaspoon) of salt with very little water, just enough water to swallow it 30 minutes before bedtime and you do this every day for a week, then the habit is gone and you can stop taking the salt.

The salt is restoring a poor salt balance and therefore you do not need to pie so often and you can sleep instead, yes everyone is afraid of salt but this is not much and only for a week.

Good luck SS!

Fuchs said:
Stormblood said:

To be fair according to his formula I should drink around 5.8 litres a day, and I drink around 6l.
So it is a match for me lol.

I heard when you feel thirsty, you are already dehydrated as well. :eek:

Stormblood said:
Fuchs said:
Stormblood said:

I am perfectly sure. I also tested this myself and other people I know voluntarily tested it as well. There are only benefits, if you increase the amount slowly and steadily, instead of all at once. If you increase too fast, you risk overworking the bladder, as it's used to processing less than necessary, and it needs time to adjust.

Water aids in purification and elimination purposes.

Some other benefits:
:arrow: older people will see their wrinkles become less evident
:arrow: people who are just seeing wrinkles will see them disappear completely (as long as they keep proper intake)
:arrow: less blemishes for people with many manifestations of this kind
:arrow: no blemishes for people with little manifestations of this, even when you indulge in food you shouldn't
:arrow: no skin dryness for people who suffer from it, and less sensitivity for people with sensitive skin
:arrow: oily skin types will need to use no cosmetics
:arrow: flexibility is improved (how much depends on the difference compared to one's previous intake)
:arrow: mental clarity and focus are improved
:arrow: energy levels are improved
:arrow: mood may be improved, motivation too
:arrow: people with high blood pressure (prone to headaches and migraine), will have little to none of these issues as pressure normalises
:arrow: spiritual activities are easier- this last is from experience, not from any studies, obviously

Obviously, it needs to be clean water, not tap water, unless tap water is filtered by a reverse osmosis or similar filter. Hard water causes issues together with the benefits, other than smelling and tasting foul (water should have no taste or no smell, unless you decide to add it to it). Bottle water with low dry residue and good overall mineral content is the next best thing. Number 1, however, is filtered water from the example above and then alkalinised like suggested by HPS Shannon once (and by me later). This number 1 option is also better than ingesting stimulants (i.e. coffee) in raising your energy levels.

It is only much because outdated recommendations have brainwashed people in the 2L/8 glasses a day one-size fits all solution, and in general people are taught bad drinking habits at home by their families and peers even when not being specifically taught the outdated "medical" rule. So, it has become a cultural notion to drink to little water.

The only people where I could see issues arising for are people who have already internal issues because they are oversized. This is people 100kg (220lbs) and above, who are 1.93m (6'4") or shorter. There is more leeway for taller people, unless their bones are narrow and thin (i.e. vata types). Notice that this paragraph about issues arising is my own personal understanding, not part of the results of any study.

Lmao, when I wake up, I see wrinkles on my forehead, when I wake up I flush my body with around 0.3 - 0.5 l water and 10 minutes later the wrinkles are gone😂

Inflorescentia said:
Stormblood said:

I always drink this much, and I need to go to pee quite often a day. So for me, it doesn’t get less.

NinRick said:
Inflorescentia said:
Stormblood said:

I always drink this much, and I need to go to pee quite often a day. So for me, it doesn’t get less.

I go two to three times a day now. When I started doing, it was many more times. Obviously, no one should do retarded things like the people in FancyMancy's example. Resisting the urge of elimination is no champion feat or advisable at all. One should go immediately or as soon as possible, without making excuses.

Drink plenty of water during the day and at night limit how much you drink when you wake up during the middle of the night and try to keep electronics in a barrier that would interfere with your sleep. More like leaving your phone or laptop beside your bed so the frequency from your devices won't interfere with your bioelectricity.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back