Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Advice for learning astrology?

sublimestatanist

Sorry to inundate you guys with questions lately. This will be my final one for a while.

I'm too nervous to watch videos or read articles on astrology because of all the disinformation out there, and everything pertaining to astrology on the JoS website flies right over my head. Words like 'houses' and 'retrograde' are incomprehensible to me as I know nothing about planetary movements or alignments.

Do you have any suggestions on any books or other resources for learning the basics from square one?

Just recently i tried my hand on astrology, i have a basic understanding of it now and i am able to read my chart no problems. This took me what 2 hours? its a bit of a mess once you start with it, but things will clear up as you go.

You can simply go to youtube and type in astrology 101, or something similar. They will explain the basics of astrology and that is all you need to know from them.

Once you know about the houses and signs etc. go to the Azazels astrology page to know what it means when for example your Venus is in the 12th house.

For your natal chart: https://jos-astro.com/#/
Azazels Astrology: https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Astro_index.html

Me also would like to know. Is there any basic plain and simple guide for beginners on the astrology…? :?:

When you do not know what some term means then you can use search engine to look up various sources to explain these terms. This combined with Azazels Astro will get you started. Then you need to begin reading various charts to actually learn in practice.

sublimestatanist said:
Sorry to inundate you guys with questions lately. This will be my final one for a while.

I'm too nervous to watch videos or read articles on astrology because of all the disinformation out there, and everything pertaining to astrology on the JoS website flies right over my head. Words like 'houses' and 'retrograde' are incomprehensible to me as I know nothing about planetary movements or alignments.

Do you have any suggestions on any books or other resources for learning the basics from square one?

Read the Joy of Satan - Azazel‘s Astrology for Satanists.
Read everything and try to understand it all, use the JoS astro tool and load your birth chart.
Try to analize everything in your chart using the Information on the JoS.
When terms pop up which you don’t understand, like „Intercepted sign“ or „direct motion“ or „house ruler“ just google for the meaning behind those terms.

Work with the material on the JoS until you get the general idea of astrology.

From there you can analize many charts and gather experience.

You can also buy books or search for online recourses later on, but keep in mind that quite some things are wrong there.

Henu the Great said:
When you do not know what some term means then you can use search engine to look up various sources to explain these terms. This combined with Azazels Astro will get you started. Then you need to begin reading various charts to actually learn in practice.

I found it pretty hard to understand what anything meant when i used the jos beginner guide. I found myself using the search engine constantly, Isn't it a good idea to make it so that astrology is more accessible for SS on the jos site?

The jos guide is quite hard to use for someone with no experience in astrology, has there been any talk about revising it?

Thank you all for the great advice!

I will get on doing that. I suppose it doesn't hurt to learn from Youtube, the public library, etc and then to take what I've learned and see how it lines up with the more advanced and specific information provided by the JoS.

This was certainly just a matter of me over-thinking things.

PS - the link in the first reply is down so I'll post an archived link for those interested... damn kikes lol. Thanks again everyone! :)

https://web.archive.org/web/20130814005421/https://indigoray.net/lessons.HTML

Guys, High Priestess Maxine had already taken care of that. The website below, which I linked on my first post has a guide that explains everything you need to know in order to start using the Azazel‘s Astrology website properly.

Screenshot:
[IMG=https://i.postimg.cc/bJ00LB1t/Screenshot-20220104-084941-Brave.jpg][/IMG]

SSinHeartandSoul said:
Henu the Great said:

I found it pretty hard to understand what anything meant when i used the jos beginner guide. I found myself using the search engine constantly, Isn't it a good idea to make it so that astrology is more accessible for SS on the jos site?

The jos guide is quite hard to use for someone with no experience in astrology, has there been any talk about revising it?
I'm not in position of revisements, but my educated guess is that it's going to take time if there are going to be any updates since there are many other features and updates on the way as it is. It would be reasonable to assume (then again assumption is the mother of all f-ups) that at some point some things will be revised in astro section given that the sites are being combed through and updated - when and how is unknown.

As for the usability, I think this is a matter of perception. JoS provides everything that is needed to get going on with info that has been approved by Maxine with extensive effort.

A basic technique to get more attuned with astrological energies is to meditate on each symbol. Planetary symbols, Zodiac symbols, element, even aspect symbols. Surrender yourself to the visualisation and explore the energies to understand them.

:arrow: You can start by printing the symbol and putting it in front of yourself. Printing it in the specific colour can help.
:arrow: Before starting to focus on the symbol, you can also ask Father Satan, your GD or even a specific God/dess that is expert in astrology to help you and guide your session. This is optional but always very helpful and the Gods like teaching us, so there is no reason why you shouldn't get in touch with them for help.
:arrow: When you can have the symbol completely memorise, you can go into a deep trance and visualise it in your mind. Breathe in its energies and connect to it. (Avoid doing this with outer planets like Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. Saturn is also controversial.) See, feel, hear, smell, taste... involve all senses, inner and outer.
:arrow: Clean yourself thoroughly after all is said and done.

A step further is to put to meditate on multiple symbols at once and see how the energies interact in the various aspects and placements.

A step even further is to meditate on a chart.

Those more advanced can use the merging consciousness technique to have the deepest exploration experience.

After you are familiar with each astrological item, it is important to read lots of charts as often as possible, even on a daily basis.

This is the spiritual way to do this. Of course, there can be delusion and misunderstandings coming from prejudice and bias that can be unconscious but as one advances this will gradually clear up. The information you gain from this method can and should always be tested and applied to actual charts. And, since one is studying/learning, they need to try to apply this multiple times over as that's the only way you can verify it and reinforce your knowledge.

This method can be as inaccurate as reading non-SS books, more inaccurate or more precise. It all really depends on where you are at, and how seriously you take your studies.

I am mentioning this method because I never heard anyone suggesting anything similar. It can be used on its own or paired with reading books. Keep in mind, however, that your readings may influence the method, whether you read accurate stuff or not, as it's normal.

Another way of reinforcing this practice, is to chant specific runes before, such as Dagaz, Lagur... Runes that bring knowledge and awareness in general. You can also perform this after working on your astral senses or your head chakra (crown, temples, sixth, pineal gland, minor points of clairvoyance and clairaudience).

They say it takes 10 thousand hours to master anything. This is the equivalent of working an average job (40 hours a week) for 5 years, to make a rough example. Best of luck on your studies!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back