Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

The art of Glamour - detrimental, or useful?

Soul Wings

I think it is important to feel yourself whether you are wearing makeup or not. Many women say they feel "naked" or not themselves going out without makeup. It has become so ingrained in our routines it feels out of place without it. It has become so fiercely associated with femininity, one could almost feel out of place or even "unfeminine" without it.
The history of makeup has been quite an interesting relationship. Ancient egyptians would wear eyeliner to announce status and use it for ritual. It may have given some practical benefit to reflect the sun. Around the world, royalty and aristocracy would powder their faces paler to feel more "virgin" and "pure", or youthful. There are also tribal and spiritual connections as well.

Many argue that makeup is simply to enhance what beauty they already have. They are trying to hide the fact it is mainly used by modern women to cover imperfections or dramatically alter the appearance of one's face. Most women know this truth and men are starting to realise as well. The word "glamour" is derived from both "grammar" - study of language and literature; and "grammatica" - occult learning tacked on. The magical association with the word didn't come till 100 years later - meaning things like "enchantment", "illusiory", "romantic", "alluring", and so on.

It's not necissarily hurting anyone, so is it harmful? Well, it doesn't have to be.

I'm going to open with some personal context. I never really wore makeup growing up because not only did school not allow it, but honestly, there was no one around me to bother impressing with it. I did not have much money either, and what little I had I spent on trying to combat my acne. However, back then I had abysmally low self esteem, I would look in the mirror - if I even looked in a mirror - and cry because of how overwhelmingly ugly I felt. (I don't hate my face anymore. Satanism really changed me.)
On the odd occasion I did wear makeup to perfect my skin - I got more looks from men. It is just simple fact that I got more attention when I wore it. In fact, they would stare. Barely anybody would look at me sideways if I did not wear it. (Or at least, I did not notice.) Someone with such bad self esteem such as mine back then, would easily come to the conclusion that the "easiest" and "safest" thing to do for their tiny little broken ego... is wear makeup to feel better.
We live in a very superficial society and in many people's cases, people will literally make conversation or comments about the imperfections on your face or skin. In some extreme cases, people are shaming skin colour so badly, it's driving people to literally bleach their skin.

Or how about the "you look tired" one liner everyone loves so much.

We've all seen the "take her swimming on the first date" memes I'm sure, or the "what's under that beard?" memes in retort. There is distrust from the trend of dramatic facial alteration to conform to ideals. But the truth is, it is being perpetuated by the very people that persecute. The passive aggressiveness centred around this frustration is only adding fuel to the fire on both sides.

If we think about it - makeup has the power to make one confident, feel beautiful, perhaps even like royalty. That is almost alchemical in definition. It is a creative expression. It is incredibly artistic and an artform, a craft in itself. You could even say it is an expression of hidden aspects of ourselves. Our face is the first thing someone is going to notice, and it is the boldest statement one can make.

Makeup can be symbolic. Red lipstick was symbolic of strength and recovery from the sufferagette movement. It was used as a statement of rebellion. It even motivated house-bound women to go out and get a job just to afford it. To many, it was also a symbol of hope and cheer during/after WWI. It is still a strong statement now - more of confidence and a sexy statement. Many have said it mimics the colour lips turn when aroused and that's part of why we find it so sexy!

So there are good things and bad things. Clearly, women do need to work on foundational self esteem, this would alleviate half of the problem. I am drawing a pretty big blank here, so if you guys can help with some solutions that would be great; I think one possible solution to solving the rest of it, is to publically encourage an environment where it's okay and even sexy to show your imperfections. This particular subject is not spoken about nearly enough - especially by men, who have an extremely, extremely large influence on this (whether women will admit it or not) and almost no knowledge of the reality. Many are clueless on just how heavily this weighs on women. We are spiralling further and further into a "catfish" society and we all have to try and intervene. Snapchat and instagram is the tip of the iceberg. Real time facial projection technology is being perfected and showcased. Fuck knows what else is in store.

Soul Wings said:
I think it is important to feel yourself whether you are wearing makeup or not. Many women say they feel "naked" or not themselves going out without makeup. It has become so ingrained in our routines it feels out of place without it. It has become so fiercely associated with femininity, one could almost feel out of place or even "unfeminine" without it.
The history of makeup has been quite an interesting relationship. Ancient egyptians would wear eyeliner to announce status and use it for ritual. It may have given some practical benefit to reflect the sun. Around the world, royalty and aristocracy would powder their faces paler to feel more "virgin" and "pure", or youthful. There are also tribal and spiritual connections as well.

Many argue that makeup is simply to enhance what beauty they already have. They are trying to hide the fact it is mainly used by modern women to cover imperfections or dramatically alter the appearance of one's face. Most women know this truth and men are starting to realise as well. The word "glamour" is derived from both "grammar" - study of language and literature; and "grammatica" - occult learning tacked on. The magical association with the word didn't come till 100 years later - meaning things like "enchantment", "illusiory", "romantic", "alluring", and so on.

It's not necissarily hurting anyone, so is it harmful? Well, it doesn't have to be.

I'm going to open with some personal context. I never really wore makeup growing up because not only did school not allow it, but honestly, there was no one around me to bother impressing with it. I did not have much money either, and what little I had I spent on trying to combat my acne. However, back then I had abysmally low self esteem, I would look in the mirror - if I even looked in a mirror - and cry because of how overwhelmingly ugly I felt. (I don't hate my face anymore. Satanism really changed me.)
On the odd occasion I did wear makeup to perfect my skin - I got more looks from men. It is just simple fact that I got more attention when I wore it. In fact, they would stare. Barely anybody would look at me sideways if I did not wear it. (Or at least, I did not notice.) Someone with such bad self esteem such as mine back then, would easily come to the conclusion that the "easiest" and "safest" thing to do for their tiny little broken ego... is wear makeup to feel better.
We live in a very superficial society and in many people's cases, people will literally make conversation or comments about the imperfections on your face or skin. In some extreme cases, people are shaming skin colour so badly, it's driving people to literally bleach their skin.

We've all seen the "take her swimming on the first date" memes I'm sure, or the "what's under that beard?" memes in retort. There is distrust from the trend of dramatic facial alteration to conform to ideals. But the truth is, it is being perpetuated by the very people that persecute. The passive aggressiveness centred around this frustration is only adding fuel to the fire on both sides.

If we think about it - makeup has the power to make one confident, feel beautiful, perhaps even like royalty. That is almost alchemical in definition. It is a creative expression. It is incredibly artistic and an artform, a craft in itself. You could even say it is an expression of hidden aspects of ourselves. Our face is the first thing someone is going to notice, and it is the boldest statement one can make.

Makeup can be symbolic. Red lipstick was symbolic of strength and recovery from the sufferagette movement. It was used as a statement of rebellion. It even motivated house-bound women to go out and get a job just to afford it. To many, it was also a symbol of hope and cheer during/after WWI. It is still a strong statement now - more of confidence and a sexy statement. Many have said it mimics the colour lips turn when aroused and that's part of why we find it so sexy!

So there are good things and bad things. Clearly, women do need to work on foundational self esteem, this would alleviate half of the problem. I am drawing a pretty big blank here, so if you guys can help with some solutions that would be great; I think one possible solution to solving the rest of it, is to publically encourage an environment where it's okay and even sexy to show your imperfections. This particular subject is not spoken about nearly enough - especially by men, who have an extremely, extremely large influence on this (whether women will admit it or not) and almost no knowledge of the reality. Many are clueless on just how heavily this weighs on women. We are spiralling further and further into a "catfish" society and we all have to try and intervene. Snapchat and instagram is the tip of the iceberg. Real time facial projection technology is being perfected and showcased. Fuck knows what else is in store.
Most girls cover themselves in make-up and perfume, but almost all of them are empty with a shitty character and nothing to give.
And for some reason many support LGBT probably without knowing what it is.
Instead many women wear makeup trying to look like little girls, trying to cover their imperfections.
In these two points I see a lot of self rejection and in some cases self hatred.

In my opinion, in order to be more attractive and with fewer imperfections, you should do yoga, meditation, maybe some training and above all work on our character, developing a unique and attractive personality.

This last one is my opinion, while the first part is very obvious, just go on istagram to understand.

FuckYu_666 said:
Most girls cover themselves in make-up and perfume, but almost all of them are empty with a shitty character and nothing to give.
The perfume thing I don't really understand. I just spritz enough to be subtle, it is classier. I swear Chanel said just to spray enough to smell it when you hug. People might assume you stink if you overload yourself with scent. It's the same as men overloading themselves with axe or aftershave. Just. why?
I don't fully agree with the shitty character and nothing to give thing. A lot of them probably don't know who they are or they're not in their own skin etc. They probably want to be more interesting but don't know how. Or they are interesting, they just look intimidating/unapproachable. Or they're imitating what they know to be attractive (presented by media). Not denying people like that exist, but everyone I know that wears makeup (even if it's caked on) are actually wonderful.

Instead many women wear makeup trying to look like little girls, trying to cover their imperfections.
In these two points I see a lot of self rejection and in some cases self hatred.
I never really thought about the whole looking like a little girl thing. I have a picture of myself when I was younger and I had 0 imperfections on my skin. It's probably because my parents controlled what I ate pretty strictly, lol. This is an interesting point. There is also fashion and hobbies coming back from our childhood. (collectors re-releases of old toys, 90s fashion coming back, 90s music sound coming back) I am pretty childish myself (perhaps to a detriment) so I don't tend to notice these things as much, until I'm shown.
But there's a twofold issue with this. Yes, there is self hatred and this needs to be addressed. But when you put on makeup and you get positive reinforcement for your vanity (from men IRL or let's say likes on Insta), it's incredibly addictive. In short I think of a lot of it is caused by jewish media, magazines, social media, shows, celebs etc. It's not going to go away any time soon, but we can combat it together, both genders. I figured it couldn't hurt to signal boost.

In my opinion, in order to be more attractive and with fewer imperfections, you should do yoga, meditation, maybe some training and above all work on our character, developing a unique and attractive personality.
I'm not fully disagreeing. I think yoga would have been useful for me back then, but I wrote it off as superficial shit because of all the raging women narcs or new age hippies that did it. (I was an athiest and hated hippies. Despite having similar traits myself, they still annoy me because they go so overboard lol) I did meditate, but .. passively, not knowingly. To get through the day.
A unique and attractive personality may not initially attract a partner's eye unfortunately. These days if you are dating online, the first thing a guy will ask for is a photo (if they don't demand it), and a couple times personally they have asked for an unedited one (though it really felt like a demand 90% of the time - not a good way to go about it). I knew my personality/intelligence was my strong point (when I wasn't depressed). It's just simple fact that looks are the first thing people see and judge you by.

I guess everyone would have a different opinion on what they like on a woman. I personally find woman who don't use make up, more attractive, even ”ugly” women are way more attractive without it specially if they are strong and confident, I've always preferred an ugly truth over a beautiful lie... Not to say that some eye liner or some lipstick doesn't look good, but those women that completely paint their faces and become a totally new artificial person, for me personally I find it completely unattractive because it reflects their emptiness on the inside and self worth issues that usually stem from enemy programming. Some women doi it in such a bad way that makes them look totally unnatural and fake, I also bet that so much make up all the time is probably not healthy for the skin.

But I'm not sure a man , or possibly anyone else, would be qualified to have a say in regards to what you do to your face. I mean I like to workout to have nice muscles, trim my beard in a way that looks good, and put oil in it to look good and smell good. It makes me feel good and healthy. And it makes me feel prettier. I would be able to feel good about myself without it as well though which I have. But what I'm trying to say is that I would be a hypocrite if I were to say women should not wear make up, because I do things to my face and body that make me feel good with myself and look better and more attractive as well.
I like to see beauty. Both in me and in women. But if the beauty comes from an artificial mindset and fake sense of confidence then it becomes unattractive.

I would say if a man or woman have to take a fully artificial appearance to feel good about him/herself then there might be some psychological issues. But if one already has natural confidence and self worth then I guess there's nothing wrong in pursuing beauty through other things that make them feel and look even better, be it make up, perfume, nice clothes etc.

But this is just my opinion. I'm not sure if you should rely on what people have to say about it. I would personally meditate on it, if I were you and look for the answers in your mind as to which way YOU would feel better and healthier, and which way should you to treat your body, as we are all individual..

Personally I've never found girls with red lipstick attractive. I like natural lips.

It depends on how much you use of it. If you use too much, it's too much, like any excess.

It also depends on what you use. Most commercial products contain harmful chemicals. I made a topic some time ago covering common harmful chemicals found in both hygiene products and cosmetics. People should use it as a guide before buying something or even making something on their own, which is the cheapest option overall.

Nessesary and beautiful! Much of the world is dull and ugly because beautiful things are just not made anymore weather its an item much of the time, or a person taking good care of their appearance which also ultimately helps you hang on to someone you are interested in. If people took care of themselves long after attracting a mate there would be much more romantic satisfaction.

Let me share somethings that will help. I have had bad acne in the past along with alot of excess face hair. As a woman that is not fun. I got laser resurfacing treatments for the hair and acne. This is not plastic surgery but stimulates the natural collagen production in your skin to eliminate scarring, sun damage (my sun damage literally scraped off in 3 days leaving more clear and even skin), and also excess face hair which in turn also helps fight acne. Biore strips are great for pulling out dirt and blackheads and exfoliating. Cupping and drybrushing is good for exfoliating and the lymph nodes and cellulite. with many of these treatments you will see results within the first 1 to 2.

Look up EPL and venus legacy treatments and/or picolaser. When i was in europe they had picolaser and in the states i use venus legacy treatments. these are all great for stretchmarks, cellulite, spider veins, scars or whatever collagen and skin problem you have. The results are of course maximized by a healthy diet, being active and taking care of yourself over all.

in the past ive been told by several to put on foundation. I wanted the real skin with out cover up to be attractive so i did something about it. The main aspects of make up that are go to's for me are for the eyes and lips and occasionally blush...which i actually hardly need.

Everyone should do themselves and society a favor by being the best versions of themselves in every way in inward AND outward beauty. Beautiful healthy people are happy and being in that state will help promote a happy healthy and beautiful society..something the enemy so badly has been trying to destroy. As a result the world is now ugly in so many facets. including 95 percent of the population in body and mind. And it is made on purpose for many of them to have no time at all or the will for them to do a thing about it among other factors that are also the fault of the individual. Let us continue to destroy the enemy so that this changes. The body positive movement was also invented by a jew. Everytime i see pluse sizes in something thats supposed to be sexy i get pissed. its disgusting.

"You look tired."
I am, so spoil me, or let me go to bed. People only say this line to me when I actually am tired, so it never really bothered me.
Lucky!
I guess I've been lucky in the sense that I'm around mostly caring people so they know it's rude to just openly say things like that.

...one could go as far as to argue that wealth and beauty are just naturally things that go hand-in-hand.
I'm not sure if I 100% agree, but I can see why that could be. After all, wealthy people can afford all the cutting edge technology, skincare, aestheticians etc. You can see it just by watching celebrity skincare routines. They have aestheticians mix their own skincare cocktails!! It's insane!

The same goes for makeup as well, with the difference being that there's less of an upfront cost, and it's less shocking as it's a temporary transformation rather than permanent, and it's less risky; but if people become dependent on it, perhaps it's not really so different in the end.
This is exactly my observation and maybe a good articulation of what I was trying to say. Even though it's less risky, and yes, a different conversation altogether, there are definitely correlations or patterns there that need to be addressed.

...In a "utopian" future, where everyone who wants it has access to such things, the factor of whether it's unfair to others is eliminated, as everyone is free to do it if they want to. At that point, it's just people's own responsibility to make a choice they won't regret. Or is it? What if beauty standards are shaped by how people choose to look? What if all of it could be avoided, and almost everyone could be confident and appreciated without having to do any of that?
That was just a joke; as if that could ever happen. Get real.
That was also a joke. Who knows, maybe it could happen; but wouldn't that make beauty obsolete? Wouldn't that just be a waste?
Well I was thinking about this the night after I posted the thread. "Get real", yeah. I was half expecting first post to be along these lines. The last couple of my wordy threads have been pretty fanatical/fantastical or whatever, but action starts with an idea.
Also, side note. I found this when I was browsing memes the other day:
ajgq5dR_700bwp.webp

This is something else I want to touch on because photo retouching, catfishing etc was really only briefly tacked onto the end of my OP but it is the reason I'm so concerned for the future. Makeup is just the start of everything and the closest thing to "RL retouching" without plastic surgery.

In South Korea, 1 in 3 women and 1 in 10 men undergo plastic surgery, most commonly to change their jaw, nose, and/or eyelids. Due to it being so commonplace and effective at providing the results people want (meeting traditional Korean beauty standards), people who don't undergo it are much more likely to feel ugly and insecure about their looks, as they compare themselves to others.
While I know what you're talking about (I've listened to some korean people talk about it, Sherliza Moe for example), I think a lot of that came from the Kpop/celeb scene (and I believe historically certain features were favoured over others...? eg. lighter skin, but people get the wrong idea from that). I probably won't touch on it too much because I think that is a huge problem in Asians communities particularly but I'm not asian, so not my place to speak on. I am interested in learning more about this though.
I think plastic surgery is a different conversation entirely because it is a permanent choice and can be quite risky. This is definitely something I want to touch on as well though for sure. You can simply wipe off makeup completely with no harm done. "It's just makeup" haha. I remember my dentist offered to correct my jaw slightly. When he said he had to break it, I was like nope nope nope nvm.

Those who are naturally beautiful, have a natural advantage. Those who aren't, might want to seek an unnatural advantage to make up for what they lack. In a way, that too is only natural.
Yeah I never really thought about it this way. I've used makeup to help me look more "professional" and put together to get jobs so that is totally reasonable, but... hmm... why can't I feel professional and put together without it? I guess it's the whole "advantage" thing... if I won't, someone else will, so in a way, I'm kind of forced to. :/

I also bet that so much make up all the time is probably not healthy for the skin.
This is something I did not touch on in my OP that I should have.
Makeup clogs and shrinks pores to the skin as a foundation to make it look smooth. Pores are made for your skin to breathe. Constantly having makeup on is choking your skin and causing more problems than it solves. That's a good reason why I decided to stop. I see Stormblood also mentioned there can be harmful chemicals in it as well. Not to mention animal testing (a personal grievance of mine).

But I'm not sure a man , or possibly anyone else, would be qualified to have a say in regards to what you do to your face. I mean I like to workout to have nice muscles, trim my beard in a way that looks good, and put oil in it to look good and smell good. It makes me feel good and healthy. And it makes me feel prettier.
I'm glad to hear that. This is actually nice to read. About the men having a say thing. They will have a say whether it's justified or not, we've seen that historically. Right now, they are upset about the catfishing mostly, but they are not dealing with it the right way. Instead of encouraging a natural face with reason, compassion etc, they just say stuff like "wipe that shit off your face, you look like a hooker". I've legit had a guy I didn't even know have the audacity to say upfront I "caked my face" when I barely wore any makeup, (I think he was salty I didn't like him). Hell I'd show a pic if I could to make my case, lol. Anyway, like you say, it's very subjective.

Would it happen to be on this forum or is it back on Yahoo? I'm definitely curious about chemicals in makeup. I hear about specific ones every now and then but it's not comprehensive info usually.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Necessary and good for any civilization, it is like art.
Sure, 100%... but (if you feel like commenting further/have time) how do you feel about the initial attraction/catfishing aspect of it? I feel like most men cannot tell what a woman's natural facial structure/skin texture is like without makeup these days because of how heavily it's altered (or "glamoured"). I find this interesting, because if you want to have children especially, things like this might be important to some people. Even women themselves use catfishing as a verb nowadays. Or, is it simply a matter of choosing to loving a woman, makeup or no makeup?

Soul Wings said:

A good make-up can make your face, man or woman, more beautiful.
This has contributed to creating the stereotype that men are more attracted to beauty and physical appearance, but this is wrong, because if make-up were a balanced thing between men and women, it would turn out that a person's desires go beyond biological sex and are extremely individual

Larissa666 said:
Is lack of vanity a bad thing?

Asking for a friend. :lol:
No, it's a very good thing.
Most women constantly compare themselves to other women, which leads to animosity and jealousy between them, I find that ridicolous, but hey that's what it is in a society where most pretty women's self esteem is based on their body count and looks.

A woman who doesn't have vanity or shallowness is a breath of fresh air.

It is what it is. Honestly the only reason I cut my hair is to look like a dominant alpha money male so that women look at me nice and I can feel like the cool short hair clothed guy and people will be intimidated by my " sexual energy". But that "energy" disappears if I wear a black metal T-shirt. Otherwise I'd just walk around completely naked with a giant swastika tattooed on my chest because that's what I really care about. But it's nice to feel like an attractive desirable person to other people basically submit to you. I mean really, you get treated differently for how you look but I think a guy might be gay or something if his attraction to a woman changes based on makeup. It's rare but the closet gay guys I've known who "tricked" straight women say they chose the prettiest girls to look the most straight. Sorry if that's crass but I don't really get the difference between putting on makeup and wearing a business suit to be honest. A closet lesbian if there is such a thing would probably also just choose the suit. It makes your shoulders look a bit broader and makes you look less like you've ever had a problem in life that set you back and that's very attractive or whatever. But you truly "like" someone for how they look naked both metaphorically and literally, whether you choose to wear the suit and/or the makeup just depends on how you view yourself and others. I sometimes make myself look better than I do naked with a suit to impress women and I can climb social ladders with it so what makes that different? I'm pretty shallow to people. The world is a pretty shallow place.

Soul Wings said:
Would it happen to be on this forum or is it back on Yahoo? I'm definitely curious about chemicals in makeup. I hear about specific ones every now and then but it's not comprehensive info usually.

https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=27845

Oh, I also wanted to agree with HP, it also can be like art. I like red lipstick and different eyeliner and some exaggeration because it's literal art, just like I enjoy costumes and uniforms with broad shoulders because they are metaphorical in a way. I don't look like Conan but everybody kind of does in a suit. A uniform is a uniform, like makeup is just colors and stuff, but it's a bit more than just that. I couldn't apply to makeup to a woman like she does because it is actually a personal expression and physically harder than it looks.

I definitely do not like women who think they are superior because they say they don't like makeup or men who think they are superior because they never wore a uniform though. That's just how your life played out and how the people in your life reacted to your circumstance and what you needed to do to get by, it doesn't say everything about your character. Especially if the woman is already really pretty and the guy already has broad shoulders, it can be kind of narcissistic to say how you don't need the suit or the makeup while everybody else does. That's simply not how life works. That doesn't advertise anything but an attitude, it's just a brag of how real and down-to-earth you oestnsibly are. I used to be the guy who told women they don't need to wear makeup but once I was out of highschool I think I realized some women actually just want to wear makeup because it looks good and I want to wear a suit because it looks good. I wish I figured that out sooner so I didn't seem like I was the only person I thought was allowed to look good.

It's not to impress random people, it's because people just respond a certain way by default because that's how it is and it helps you get your way in society to look some way sometimes and sometimes you just want to dress up. Creative appearance is somewhat of a way to socialize with people you'd otherwise have nothing to do with and that's probably better than nothing for a society that wants to interact at all. I'd say "who cares?" but I do want have social status and there's value in wearing makeup and/or a suit if you want that because people just respond to it in a positive way for you, so I'd actually recommend experimenting with wearing uniforms or makeup or any of the traditional gendered vanity just to get a better idea of how it affects you and how you can use your personal image to your advantage and make it a part of yourself as a personality. It's insane how much positive friendly attention a man can get just from dressing well or a woman from having really interesting makeup, it's really not that much different.

Makeup could be extremely dangerous and give Women Cancers and other diseases and is harmful to the men around you if you don't know what's in it. I prefer to stay away from Women who wear excessive makeup because the chemicals may transfer to me.

Soul Wings said:

It’s whatever someone prefers and knows where their weaknesses are. I went through a no make up phase because I didn’t want to rely on it and wanted to test it out. Now it’s irrelevant. It’s a big part of who I am and who I’ll always be, for the right reasons. And some people will judge you for it, some will judge you without it. It’s reasonable and healthy to dress up, have a style, and express your own vibe. Energies actually correlate to various styles too. The karshadians style is very Venus for example. People on here might find a lot of reasons to hate them but I strictly admire their style at the least. I’m also not against style trends. I strongly encourage spiritual people to build a strong identity, self worth, and strong personal foundation and not criticize or overthink that aspect. It’s all about you.

Larissa666 said:

I think most people are vain in some way, even people who don't consider themselves vain have their days.
Personally I think too much vanity can bring hubris and foolishness.
Too little can bring self esteem issues and overthinking.
So it is good to be in the middle if you can.

Godmode said:
...But that "energy" disappears if I wear a black metal T-shirt. Otherwise I'd just walk around completely naked with a giant swastika tattooed on my chest because that's what I really care about.
Not that I'm actively looking but passively noticing, it's interesting how I'm the total opposite with that. Men with tatts, piercings, metal clothing, long hair etc, if they look well groomed they overwhelm me waaaay more than suits and I don't get easily overwhelmed. Never really see that here in public though, maybe that's why - 10000 suited up, 10 metalled up. I often wonder if it's because of the similarities between this and Vikings who were very, very powerful (but surprisingly shy about sex unlike media portrays!).

.... Sorry if that's crass but I don't really get the difference between putting on makeup and wearing a business suit to be honest. A closet lesbian if there is such a thing would probably also just choose the suit. It makes your shoulders look a bit broader and makes you look less like you've ever had a problem in life that set you back and that's very attractive or whatever....
I'm not sure what you mean here with the closet lesbian thing but if you mean dressing to impress is just as important or just like makeup, I agree. I will spend money on nice clothes for interviews because it's basically an investment. I guess in a way, so is makeup. Honestly I'm wondering if a nice suit is cheaper than a full face makeup set lol!

I definitely do not like women who think they are superior because they say they don't like makeup or men who think they are superior because they never wore a uniform...
I used to dislike it, but I learnt how to use it properly and I can enhance my face subtly.
Ugh, usually women like that have been around christians or something of the like. Or they are a tomboy (as I am) and think they can push that onto other people like anybody cares. Maybe they are simply close minded, they tried makeup, looked like trash the first time (we all did) and just gave up. Maybe they are cranky lesbians.

A lot of women wear so much makeup it's like a mask and looks so fake. And then they look entirely different once they wash their face at night. Using products to enhance natural beauty is great and adds personal style though.

Me, I used to wear more makeup when I was younger, but I'm really loving the look of my natural skin now. I use good products, I steam my face, exfoliate, etc, and my skin looks good and healthy. I wear eye makeup for enhancement, mascara some eyeshadow and a bit of eyeliner. And that's it, I have naturally rosy cheeks so no need for blusher or anything.

I used to be insecure without makeup on as that's how we women are programmed: we aren't women unless we dye our hair and paint our faces. But then one time I had to go for breakfast somewhere, I had no makeup whatsoever on, and a man started flirting with me. I was like "wow wait I'm attractive without makeup on?!?" And he seemed like a successful and decent man, not one of those guys who hit on any woman out of desperation, so it was a legit confidence boost.

And I don't wear perfume, the scent of my skincare products give a nice scent, as they have essential oils and extracts of fruits and stuff.

Meteor said:
There are also those who say cash is filthy. ... Perhaps it's ironic for me to bring it up, considering my partner was unemployed and in poverty back when we started dating, but he's too amazing in other ways for me to care, not to mention wealth and status are things that can be obtained over time anyway.
I'm not sure if you mean literally or figuratively but for me, it's both. I handle cash daily and I hate to think how many hands passed over it. As for figuratively, aside from the whole "you've gotta fuck someone over" to be a billionaire, I've never liked the way Cash works with the bank and all that. The basics of economy (when I bothered to pay attention) annoyed me. I've my hopes in the virtual wallet markets as it seems to be more private and more regulated. I have this feeling (I don't have any proof...) banks are cozy with the government so they can share your spending habits with them if necessary.
About your partner. That is so lovely to hear. I was in your partner's position years ago and having you to help pull him through that must have been amazing. I'm glad to hear there are people out there like that. Back then I didn't think that was possible at all.

...when someone has absurdly long nails that would just get in the way of everything and break if they're careless, it shows that they can get by without having to use their hands for anything; and that's quite a flex of status in a way.
Yes I noticed this too! I saw this is a trend in Japan where 3D nail art first started. I watch a lot of beauty gurus/strippers etc and a lot of them can have long nails because their jobs don't require them to use their hands.
I have been trying to learn how to do my own gel nails (It's not that I don't want to pay workers - I find salons highly unpleasant) but when there's literal schools for these things it can be quite complicated.
I think this might be why we associate fine gloves with wealth as well- can't get them dirty, they're nice silk ones!

Lydia said:
I used to be insecure without makeup on as that's how we women are programmed: we aren't women unless we dye our hair and paint our faces. ...But then one time I had to go for breakfast somewhere, I had no makeup whatsoever on, and a man started flirting with me. I was like "wow wait I'm attractive without makeup on?!?" ...

And I don't wear perfume, the scent of my skincare products give a nice scent, as they have essential oils and extracts of fruits and stuff.

Yeah I used to be insecure about my natural hair colour but it's weird because people will pay 100s of dollars for the same colour I've already got, lol.
That was weird for me the first time it happened too. I wonder if guys every consciously think that it's nice to see women with their natural skin showing (especially if they have obvious imperfections?).
Yeah my perfume is probably toxic like everything else, but I like to have the illusion of "having my shit together" for work (kind of like how makeup works as well although in some businesses it is not a choice and I find that abhorrent).

Huh, is that concept or did they actually run in a magazine? Hugo boss is an actual fashion brand right?
Their uniforms were always so distinctive and well-designed.

Larissa666 said:

No, but I do think people should have -something- that makes them more of a person.

Soul Wings said:
Huh, is that concept or did they actually run in a magazine? Hugo boss is an actual fashion brand right?
Their uniforms were always so distinctive and well-designed.
Their uniforms were made by Hugo Boss, which is still a famous brand. They weren't in magazines as far as I know, but the fact that they wore beautiful uniforms makes one think. I think I remember HC saying that just an uniform could cost upward of one thousand.

Meteor said:
Godmode said:
I definitely do not like women who think they are superior because they say they don't like makeup or men who think they are superior because they never wore a uniform though. That's just how your life played out and how the people in your life reacted to your circumstance and what you needed to do to get by, it doesn't say everything about your character. Especially if the woman is already really pretty and the guy already has broad shoulders, it can be kind of narcissistic to say how you don't need the suit or the makeup while everybody else does. That's simply not how life works. That doesn't advertise anything but an attitude, it's just a brag of how real and down-to-earth you oestnsibly are.
I feel called out. If it wasn't for my smooth skin and thick eyelashes that look like I'm wearing eyeliner anyway, perhaps I would be more enthusiastic about wearing makeup. I just don't like it because I feel like I don't have much to gain from it.

I still remember when I was 13, I got complimented by my classmates for my mascara, saying it looked good on me... despite me not wearing any, and never even having touched makeup in my life. I tried to explain to them that this is just how I look, but they didn't even believe me, not even the girls who looked at my face up close to check. It definitely did inflate my ego a bit, for better or worse. This was despite me being a boy back then.

I'm definitely not in a position to judge people for relying on it if they want to. If it helps them feel confident, then more power to them. It's their own choice and freedom. I just feel bad for people when they feel like they have to wear it in order to feel comfortable with themselves, despite actually looking fine without it as well. But if they find it worth the effort, then there's no issue, I think.
My gf told me I had really beautiful eyelashes and I told her to stop telling me that because I wasn't a woman. Somehow multiple women have commented on that stuff uncalled for.

Meteor said:
Godmode said:
I definitely do not like women who think they are superior because they say they don't like makeup or men who think they are superior because they never wore a uniform though. That's just how your life played out and how the people in your life reacted to your circumstance and what you needed to do to get by, it doesn't say everything about your character. Especially if the woman is already really pretty and the guy already has broad shoulders, it can be kind of narcissistic to say how you don't need the suit or the makeup while everybody else does. That's simply not how life works. That doesn't advertise anything but an attitude, it's just a brag of how real and down-to-earth you oestnsibly are.
I feel called out. If it wasn't for my smooth skin and thick eyelashes that look like I'm wearing eyeliner anyway, perhaps I would be more enthusiastic about wearing makeup. I just don't like it because I feel like I don't have much to gain from it.

I still remember when I was 13, I got complimented by my classmates for my mascara, saying it looked good on me... despite me not wearing any, and never even having touched makeup in my life. I tried to explain to them that this is just how I look, but they didn't even believe me, not even the girls who looked at my face up close to check. It definitely did inflate my ego a bit, for better or worse. This was despite me being a boy back then.

I'm definitely not in a position to judge people for relying on it if they want to. If it helps them feel confident, then more power to them. It's their own choice and freedom. I just feel bad for people when they feel like they have to wear it in order to feel comfortable with themselves, despite actually looking fine without it as well. But if they find it worth the effort, then there's no issue, I think.

I can't call you out on being pretty, It's just good to have modesty. And if you were living in a junkyard and working in a coal mine, a lot of that natural glow and beauty may have not been there, because stress and life circumstance has much to do with whether you "need makeup" or not. Nobody really does, but even as a guy if you get too stressed out you get a ton of acne and your hair goes white and we're not allowed to wear makeup so I get jealous of that too. It's just the same thing as a suit or a haircut, you shouldn't need anything but your self to romantically or sexually attract someone

Meteor said:
Jack said:
Meteor said:
My gf told me I had really beautiful eyelashes and I told her to stop telling me that because I wasn't a woman. Somehow multiple women have commented on that stuff uncalled for.
While I don't know if it's true or just a myth, I've heard rumours that men actually have longer and thicker eyelashes on average than women. Supposedly, this would be due to testosterone permanently helping in the development of those hair follicles.

So, in a way, she was indirectly saying you look like you have high testosterone! Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to take more pride in your manly eyelashes, rather than letting it get to you on the basis of baseless stereotypes? She probably meant it in a good way, you know. At the very least, it sounds like it's something she likes about you.

I do understand feeling uncomfortable with being seen in a way that you feel doesn't suit you, though; to each their own.
Well I was saying it with a smirk on my face which made her giggle so it's fine. I'm used to saying triggering things to women with a smile ,to see their reactions. Some of the more obvious Dank Jokes I've made in the last two days

"Yeah I only want sons, daughters are such a headache. "

"Girls only think about one thing and it's disgusting."

"A shy wife who cooks good food and shuts the fuck up is every man's dream."

These are such obvious stereotypes so when I say it with a smile ,they understand I'm joking and they laugh too. A lot of stereotypes can be used to create Humor because societally it has been established that its a stereotype and hence wrong .

Soul Wings said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Sure, 100%... but (if you feel like commenting further/have time) how do you feel about the initial attraction/catfishing aspect of it? I feel like most men cannot tell what a woman's natural facial structure/skin texture is like without makeup these days because of how heavily it's altered (or "glamoured"). I find this interesting, because if you want to have children especially, things like this might be important to some people. Even women themselves use catfishing as a verb nowadays. Or, is it simply a matter of choosing to loving a woman, makeup or no makeup?

If you are having serious plans about a woman, then the time will come where you will see her without makeup. If you cannot accept her, then you never had any serious plan with said woman.

There is no way you can have a girl that you are at the point where you will have children and not have reached somewhere where mutual recognition of how you look for real won't be the case. That's how babies are made and how relationships go.

Yes, makeup can be so powerful it can cause even a full on "deception", while others might call it art or get attracted from this. Generally women don't wear this to deceive, but to amplify.

It can be so powerful that it can act as deception, although, that is rare.

Appearances are part of human nature, and women wanting to be as beautiful as they can and is a natural tendency for many women. Many are deceived and go to extremes however, but still, that is an exaggeration of a natural tendency.

Women tend to want to be beautiful in some way, and not the other way, and there are natural and existential reasons for these tendencies.

Jack said:
Meteor said:
Jack said:
While I don't know if it's true or just a myth, I've heard rumours that men actually have longer and thicker eyelashes on average than women. Supposedly, this would be due to testosterone permanently helping in the development of those hair follicles.

So, in a way, she was indirectly saying you look like you have high testosterone! Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to take more pride in your manly eyelashes, rather than letting it get to you on the basis of baseless stereotypes? She probably meant it in a good way, you know. At the very least, it sounds like it's something she likes about you.

I do understand feeling uncomfortable with being seen in a way that you feel doesn't suit you, though; to each their own.
Well I was saying it with a smirk on my face which made her giggle so it's fine. I'm used to saying triggering things to women with a smile ,to see their reactions. Some of the more obvious Dank Jokes I've made in the last two days

"Yeah I only want sons, daughters are such a headache. "

"Girls only think about one thing and it's disgusting."

"A shy wife who cooks good food and shuts the fuck up is every man's dream."

These are such obvious stereotypes so when I say it with a smile ,they understand I'm joking and they laugh too. A lot of stereotypes can be used to create Humor because societally it has been established that its a stereotype and hence wrong .

My boss on my last job we just finished up was pretty cool and always made jokes. One of them was the women in the kitchen joke which he knew i knew was all in good fun. Another one is the classic "make me a sammich". Haven't had that one yet towards me yet but if i do especially if its serious ill be like "well damn always the sammich...not the potroast or the chicken and rice? Actin' like a chick cant cook :lol: :lol: :lol: "

Jack said:
Makeup could be extremely dangerous and give Women Cancers and other diseases and is harmful to the men around you if you don't know what's in it. I prefer to stay away from Women who wear excessive makeup because the chemicals may transfer to me.

There's a good business opportunity for women to learn to make their own homemade makeup and sell it to other women. From what I can observe, store makeup destroys women's skin in the long run.
My mother never wore makeup and although she's quite old, she looks 20 years younger compared to women of her age. She puts absolutely nothing on her skin. No makeup. No "moisturizer." No bullshit poison creams made by the jews.
The makeup manufacturers certainly have a financial interest in destroying your skin to force you to wear even more makeup.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Soul Wings said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

If you are having serious plans about a woman, then the time will come where you will see her without makeup. If you cannot accept her, then you never had any serious plan with said woman.

There is no way you can have a girl that you are at the point where you will have children and not have reached somewhere where mutual recognition of how you look for real won't be the case. That's how babies are made and how relationships go.

Yes, makeup can be so powerful it can cause even a full on "deception", while others might call it art or get attracted from this. Generally women don't wear this to deceive, but to amplify.

It can be so powerful that it can act as deception, although, that is rare.

Appearances are part of human nature, and women wanting to be as beautiful as they can and is a natural tendency for many women. Many are deceived and go to extremes however, but still, that is an exaggeration of a natural tendency.

Women tend to want to be beautiful in some way, and not the other way, and there are natural and existential reasons for these tendencies.
Most of them don't even get away with it ,with the guys they want to pursue. I've been able to know progressively over the years when a women is wearing makeup to cover up for imperfections versus enchancing her already natural beauty.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back