Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Proper Pronunciation of ALL the Gods' Hell Names THREAD

Braun666

Title is pretty self explanatory.

Just wondering if I/we can contribute to bringing up the subject on the proper pronunciation of the Names of All the Gods that are on Joy of Satan website. This can help the community as a whole and also properly getting in touch with the Gods.

Thinking of releasing the way I'm thinking of the pronunciation and posting it on this thread and if other members have already done the work, kindly share. Not claiming it will be perfect and it'll definitely be open to corrections and revisions.

My reasoning behind this is because I myself have some uncertainty on how to properly pronounce the name of some God Names. Example: My GD is BASTET (which I know how to pronounce), but I'm a little puzzled on the exact way to pronounce HAGENTI. As in is the "G" like "GARY" or like "JACQUES". Furthermore is the "E" like "EH" or like "MEET".

I know this might be a little bit "granular", but I do see some importance to this especially with the recent sermons by HP Hoodedcobra on the proper pronounciation of the BEELZUBUL, AZAZEL and more recently ASTARTE. Just want to see if a full list of proper pronunciations can be posted here and we can all especially more advanced members reach and we can all reach consensus on the right pronunciation or perhaps HP Hoodedcobra **I know he's busy though, so perhaps an after revision by him when time allows**.

Thought just arose, so thought I bring up the topic as think this can add value to everyone.

HAIL SATAN!

I 100% agree, I would really like this to be added. We could even start a user powered thread with this, with confirmations from multiple people, as it's not just HPs with this knowledge. Mispronounced names are mildly annoying for people so I can see it being annoying for the Demons. Even though they can individually correct someone, not everyone has the ability to speak with Demons. There is too much misinformation when trying to find answers. As a side note, I would also like this with Futhark as well. I can piece it together from different individual spell workings, but I'd LOVE an entire vocabulary.

Soul Wings said:
I 100% agree, I would really like this to be added. We could even start a user powered thread with this, with confirmations from multiple people, as it's not just HPs with this knowledge. Mispronounced names are mildly annoying for people so I can see it being annoying for the Demons. Even though they can individually correct someone, not everyone has the ability to speak with Demons. There is too much misinformation when trying to find answers. As a side note, I would also like this with Futhark as well. I can piece it together from different individual spell workings, but I'd LOVE an entire vocabulary.

For sure, I'm going to start. It might be a long extensive list as it's going to be every single God on the JoS website, but I think it's necessary and also overdue for the community as whole. Hopefully others agree on this too.

Maybe it's a small detail but overall the real pronunciation means the true power of the God in question which I believe can translate to a stronger bond longterm, and a less watered down means of vibrating their names if need be.

For the Runes HPS Maxine Dietrich has provided us with both the pronunciation in written format and also audio.

Just hoping undertaking this can help our community and newcomers that don't want to guess how to pronounce their GD's name. Will update the thread when I'm done, might take some time. Anyone can chime in, in the meantime.

Braun666 said:
For the Runes HPS Maxine Dietrich has provided us with both the pronunciation in written format and also audio.
I only see the written format in workings and even though they're very helpful, I don't want to have to open audio files every time I work with Futhark to be completely honest with you. It's easier for my eyes to pass over words. Have you found a page where the written form is all in one? Otherwise I guess I could open the audio files and make my own pronounciation sheet from that or something.

Just hoping undertaking this can help our community and newcomers that don't want to guess how to pronounce their GD's name. Will update the thread when I'm done, might take some time. Anyone can chime in, in the meantime.
Let us know if you need help with anything in particular.

Soul Wings said:

Do we mean the Names that are already in the JoS page, and how these are pronounced?

Soul Wings said:

In regards to some Names, what will be posted on the JoS when each of the Demons are updated. In regards to already existing names [already in the JoS] feel free to ask for a specific Demon and I will relate how the pronunciations of the existing Names is.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
In regards to some Names, what will be posted on the JoS when each of the Demons are updated. In regards to already existing names [already in the JoS] feel free to ask for a specific Demon and I will relate how the pronunciations of the existing Names is.

Can you give information about the pronunciation/vibration of Sorath and Haures? Thanks in advance, HP!

Bright Truth said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

Can you give information about the pronunciation/vibration of Sorath and Haures? Thanks in advance, HP!

So as in Sober, Ra as in Rack, and Th as in Thor. SO-RA-TH.

Haures is a soft exhaled H, Au as in A in a regular U and U like Ultra [AU] and Res as a Resurrection H, but the S should be as from Such with a small hiss. H-AU-RESH

I've been working with Vine lately.

I learned his name is pronounced Veeenaay.

Just wanted to add.

Thank you :)

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Soul Wings said:

Hello HP Hoodedcobra, this is correct. I just don't want to assume and I had done so for names that have a commonly known pronunciation such as those with Ancient Egyptian/Greek names where we have a reference(which even that might be watered down), but it becomes a bit more nuanced when it comes to longer names or short ones where one has to assume how it's pronounced in some cases.

As in Oral Traditions I'm sure preserving the proper pronunciation of Demonic Names and Words of Power was the way, not sure if this has already been established but more in the background?

This idea was sparked with the updates on the Names of Gods which you have posted as of late, where the pronunciation is broken down more concisely. I'm sure there's a lot you have on your plate so I offered to maybe contribute to this and can message you in private with my attempt to break it down, so that the pronunciation is not assumed but that members that have different native languages can have a point of references and our unified way of calling them is strengthened all around.

Though, please let me know if I'm wrong on my assuming this is necessary though, our community having consensus on the proper way to pronounce the name of the Gods.

Perhaps this indeed might be a minor detail in the grand scheme of things though so if it's already in the works kindly let me know. If given the go ahead, perhaps your email to send you my attempt at doing this would be appreciated.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Do we mean the Names that are already in the JoS page, and how these are pronounced?
Yeah. I would google it myself but the amount of misinformation is so rampant. Wading through all the crap is terrible and at times infuriating, lol.

Thank you very much, that is very kind of you to help. Thank you for updates as well. It's no problem or rush, just a passing comment. A lot of people might not want to ask because many names seem straightforward. But I'd rather ask than learn too late that I've been doing it wrong the whole time. I don't know how much this matters as Demons are very understanding but personally I'd like to be as respectful as I can.
If you wouldn't mind, I am curious how you pronounce:
Amdusias
Bastet/Hagenti

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Bright Truth said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

Haures is a soft exhaled H, Au as in A in a regular U and U like Ultra [AU] and Res as a Resurrection H, but the S should be as from Such with a small hiss. H-AU-RESH

Excuse me HP, how can I pronounce Lord Seere's name?

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Bright Truth said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

What about Lady Gomory ?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back