Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

ancient-forums.com offline forum archive [2021 december]

SATchives

https://icedrive.net/0/74wajB4dBu

unzip into a folder, and navigate by clicking index.html, and proceed from there.

after a lot of trial and error I figured out how to work httrack without having issues, this is a current offline Ancient-forums 20+ gb compressed into 4gb, everything is there.

this version has no external sites, it's just our forums, I am working on downloading a version that does include things from external sites like images, and html of links, with a mirror depth of 5, as of writing this it's currently at 35 gb of bytes saved, and continuing, I am not sure how long it will take, but when it is finished I'll post, and make a zip of that as well. Sorry for the last few posts i've made regarding forum updates, as they where faulty and didn't contain everything. I doubled checked this multiple times checking the last page of Joy of Satan 666, posts there, and on random pages over other forums, it seems to all be there.

I'll be making a post on how to do this yourself if you want to download yourself using httrack.

I had a lot of issues doing this so I am glad it finally is done, I will be doing an update every month from now on.

Excellent, thank you!

FYI, when I made a forum mirror, I learned that it helps to blacklist links containing "?p=" and "&p=", because otherwise it will mirror every page in a thread one time for every post. This is about 10x more pages. With those "p=" filters, then each thread page should only have one link, which is of the format "?f=#&t=#"

Soaring Eagle 666 said:

Excellent, thank you!

FYI, when I made a forum mirror, I learned that it helps to blacklist links containing "?p=" and "&p=", because otherwise it will mirror every page in a thread one time for every post. This is about 10x more pages. With those "p=" filters, then each thread page should only have one link, which is of the format "?f=#&t=#"
thanks, I'll do that next time

https://icedrive.net/0/02ZISMvY3F

Here is the full version
It's a bit bigger.

This backup was still running when I learned about blacklisting links containing "?p=" and "&p=", therefore it has a few extra pages. next time i'll try implementing this to shorten the amount of pages needed.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back