Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Easy Void Meditation

Rational Satanist

Okay, the title is a bit misleading. No form of meditation is easy for a total beginner, because you'll still have your mind rebelling whenever you try to focus it. What I'm going to post here, however, is easier for some people than the one in JoS and will have the same effect (clearing your mind of discursive thoughts).

Meditation 1:

Close your eyes and turn your attention to external sounds in your environment. Don't try to think about them, but notice the way they sound, listen to them fully and move your attention between them. Try to notice every sound that comes up for a couple of seconds, and then move to the next one. After a while you'll notice you can hear even very quiet sounds that you couldn't hear before. Focus on them too. Be sure to focus on every sound, both pleasant and unpleasant without judging them, and moving to the next one.

Meditation 2:

Close your eyes and focus on the sensations in your body as you sit in a comfortable position and don't try to move at all. Again, don't think about them or judge them, but try to observe all of them, both pleasant and unpleasant without judging them. You will notice that most of the unpleasant body sensations will just fade away after observing them for a while, without doing anything else. You can also observe your breath, the way your diaphragm moves when you are breathing, the pressure at the point your body contacts the chair you're sitting on, any cold/hot sensation e.t.c. If you can feel your bioelectricity, focus your attention on that too and notice its intensity and the way it feels.

"Are you crazy, RS? How the hell is that void meditation?", I can hear you asking. When your mind focuses on something physical like the sounds or the sensations of your body, it can't think at the same time. If you turn your attention to your mind while practicing any of these meditations, you will notice it's completely blank. That is, if you are doing them correctly and not try to judge what you're observing.

They are easier because you are focusing on something concrete rather than trying to clear your mind of thoughts.

I have tried being in the now by paying attention to sounds and me breathing, but it always lead to thoughts of some kind. Sounds are emergent and I think my mind keeps expecting something to happen next, becoming unsettled.

What works for me it seems is internalizing concepts such as shutting down, falling down a dark pipe, or being a ghost. I use whichever works at the moment to imbue stillness. What also works is staring unfocused. My thoughts stop really fast when I do that but it's probably unhealthy for the eyes.

Yes, this is very good method. I wonder if this would ever be updated in the JoS meditation section, or part of the 6 month training program. It would fit in there perfectly.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back