Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Question about attraction to fellow forum member.

Artisan

I was curious on something. So, as many of you know, I have been on the forums for a while(been on the forums with multiple accounts since the old forum was shut down)

To clarify, I didn't make new accounts because I was banned, rather, because I didn't want to be associated with the person I was when I created the account as I had matured and involved. I don't intend on abandoning this account.

Anyways,

There is a specific member, whom I have seen on the forums, which, I have never interacted with, however, the first time I saw X forum account replying to a member, I had an intense attraction to X for some reason.

It's an attraction that makes my upper body feel light, myself short of breath, as well as what feels like my heart trying to crawl out of my throat or get out of my body like metal to a magnet and my face becoming flush(blushing) and myself become giddy with a feeling of wanting to hide, laugh softly, and smile(basically I become embarrassed and shy).

This reaction occurs whenever I either think of X(Which only happens when I see X posts.) or, when I see something one of X replies. X actually made a new account, and I remember seeing one of X posts on an old account, and noticing X hadn't logged in for a year and felt a intense feeling of grief and sadness wash over me, man it was really fucking bad. The only thought in my mind was "I'll never see [thier] posts again..." and it was enough to make me cry.

Then, I saw X new account and felt that usual reaction, coupled with happiness and relief, like, a really warm and happy feeling.

Now, I don't know what the fuck to do about this. I've been avoiding responding to any of X posts(thankfully X didn't quote me in anything) and avoided thinking about X(void meditation <3).

My question is, what should I do about this. I'm not sure if this a positive reaction or a negative reaction which is, out of what I suppose is fear of ruining myself due to emotion again, I have purposely avoided X wherever possible.

The strange thing is, this reaction and these feelings for X haven't dissapeared even though it's been years. Like, literal years that I've felt this way for X. Ever since I first noticed X account which was years ago. And, evertime I see it, it's like the first time I saw X, same reaction, same intensity, same everything.

Anways, thank you ahead for your advice my family. Haha, I feel kind of awkward inadvertantly "confessing my feelings to x" but it's not like I've ever interacted with X or that X even know who I am or see my post. Then again, there's the part of me deep inside that hopes X have also felt this same weird ass shit and that's why X never responded to me even though all my accounts combined have well over a thousand posts, and you'd think there would be at least one X respond to yea?

The reason I'm asking for advice is because I don't know whether this is positive or negative, and, I need guidance on what I should do.

Thank you all ahead of time! <3

Artisan said:
The reason I'm asking for advice is because I don't know whether this is positive or negative, and, I need guidance on what I should do.

Why don't you contact that person and ask him/her? You're both using an anonymous account here, so it's not like you're gonna meet together IRL or (s)he will ever find out anything about you. And if something embarassing happens in that interaction you can just abandon this account you're using and make a new one like you did many times before.

As someone who is astrologically prone to platonic love, I just want to mention that if you have feelings for someone you should just tell the person. Don't feed this uncertainty, it's not healthy for you. If you feel something for him/her just say it and get private or whatever. If it works good for you, if it doesn't , forget about it and move on. There's no point in dwelling in it. There's also no need for embarrassment and go anonymous for being rejected if that happens, I don't think the above advice is healthy. If it doesn't work for you guys, theres nothing to be ashamed of, its just life. Just get it over with. One way or another. Good luck.

Rational Satanist said:
Artisan said:

Why don't you contact that person and ask him/her? You're both using an anonymous account here, so it's not like you're gonna meet together IRL or (s)he will ever find out anything about you. And if something embarassing happens in that interaction you can just abandon this account you're using and make a new one like you did many times before.

I definitely am not gonna abandon this account. I'm tired of running away. So, even if I end up rejected or whatever, oh well. Live and let live yea?

Thank you for your advice brother <3

You are definitely right, we are both using anonymous accounts here, what's the worst that can happen? :D

BlackOnyx8 said:
As someone who is astrologically prone to platonic love, I just want to mention that if you have feelings for someone you should just tell the person. Don't feed this uncertainty, it's not healthy for you. If you feel something for him/her just say it and get private or whatever. If it works good for you, if it doesn't , forget about it and move on. There's no point in dwelling in it. There's also no need for embarrassment and go anonymous for being rejected if that happens, I don't think the above advice is healthy. If it doesn't work for you guys, theres nothing to be ashamed of, its just life. Just get it over with. One way or another. Good luck.

Thank you so much for your advice <3

My health is very important to me and feeding an uncertainty is definitely not good, honestly, just thinking about finally telling them makes me feel super happy. I also agree with you that going anonymous for being rejected isn't healthy, and I won't do that, be sure to look forward to my future posts lol. There will be some real bangers in there :lol:

Meteor said:
Artisan said:
This sounds like admiration and curiosity turned into an obsession. In my experience, the most straight-forward (albeit slightly reckless) way to resolve an obsession, is to act on it in a way that satisfies the bottled-up feelings that the obsession stems from.

I know that sometimes it can be difficult to put your feelings into words. Even so, perhaps if you were to express your admiration to this person, and they reply to you, that would sate your curiosity in multiple ways. You would no longer be bottling up your admiration nor curiosity in that case, and therefore the obsession would cease and it would simply turn into a normal conversation.
At least, I think that's what I would do if I were in your situation.

I think you should try to loosen up a bit. I understand feeling shy, but what do you have to lose? Even if hypothetically they dislike you, at least you'll have gotten your feelings off your chest and gotten some closure from finding out. Alternatively, your words might put them in a good mood if they take it as a compliment. If you can let go of your embarrassment, then it seems like a win-win situation.

I don't think your feelings are a positive or negative thing, but it sounds like bottling it up for so long has been troubling you. Rather than getting your hopes up for any specific outcome, I recommend that you stop caring so much and resolve it directly.

On a more general note about the phenomenon of attraction, when people are mutually attracted to each other on first sight, this can cause them to recklessly rush into a relationship and take things way too far, long before otherwise glaring issues of incompatibility can become apparent. My relationships with the strongest initial chemistry were also the shortest, and I think this is often the case in general. Mutual love on first sight, is often a case of mutual idealisation, followed by mutual disillusionment and a break-up.

On the contrary, it's when people already know each other a bit better that they're able to grow together properly and overcome things that might be an issue in a relationship, or avoid a relationship altogether if it becomes apparent that it wouldn't work between them. While a certain degree of compatibility is always necessary (which can often appear as chemistry), to really make a relationship work on the long term, it takes some degree of understanding of each other, and effort and willingness to improve from both sides.

Thank you for your advice sister. I will do exactly that, what's the worst that can happen? I get rejected due to my delusional feelings? Lmao, I don't even know this person, nor have I ever seen them, I mean, their profile picture is literal anime, it's just their energy I suppose, anyways, I'll be sure to direct them to this post, I do appreciate it.

Also, I wouldn't say it's an obsession, I've tried my hardest to avoid their account, not reading their posts when I can and so on and so forth due to these feelings. Whenever I'd see a post of theirs I'd scroll past it and move my mind to something else. There are two reasons for that.

1. I don't want to hurt myself by mistake.

2. I don't want to hurt a fellow SS by mistake.

In the end it's as you said, I should resolve it. Hopefully I don't look like some creepy obsessed stalker, I mean, stalkers usually go out of their way to find you but I went out of my way to avoid them, :lol:

Thank you again <3

NinRick said:
Do not contact this person and forget them, trust me.

I've done some Tarot and talked with my GD and have gotten some answers in regards to this situation. Worry not NinRick, I know my shortcomings and what I need to do and what I need not to.

I won't allow myself to invite disaster upon myself. Thank you for your concern my brother. I really appreciate your concern for me :D

I'm pretty sure I know what you saw, but, I won't let it happen to me. I know what I need to do and what I need to not do. Thank you once more my brother.

Artisan said:
I was curious on something. So, as many of you know, I have been on the forums for a while(been on the forums with multiple accounts since the old forum was shut down)

To clarify, I didn't make new accounts because I was banned, rather, because I didn't want to be associated with the person I was when I created the account as I had matured and involved. I don't intend on abandoning this account.

Anyways,

There is a specific member, whom I have seen on the forums, which, I have never interacted with, however, the first time I saw X forum account replying to a member, I had an intense attraction to X for some reason.

It's an attraction that makes my upper body feel light, myself short of breath, as well as what feels like my heart trying to crawl out of my throat or get out of my body like metal to a magnet and my face becoming flush(blushing) and myself become giddy with a feeling of wanting to hide, laugh softly, and smile(basically I become embarrassed and shy).

This reaction occurs whenever I either think of X(Which only happens when I see X posts.) or, when I see something one of X replies. X actually made a new account, and I remember seeing one of X posts on an old account, and noticing X hadn't logged in for a year and felt a intense feeling of grief and sadness wash over me, man it was really fucking bad. The only thought in my mind was "I'll never see [thier] posts again..." and it was enough to make me cry.

Then, I saw X new account and felt that usual reaction, coupled with happiness and relief, like, a really warm and happy feeling.

Now, I don't know what the fuck to do about this. I've been avoiding responding to any of X posts(thankfully X didn't quote me in anything) and avoided thinking about X(void meditation <3).

My question is, what should I do about this. I'm not sure if this a positive reaction or a negative reaction which is, out of what I suppose is fear of ruining myself due to emotion again, I have purposely avoided X wherever possible.

The strange thing is, this reaction and these feelings for X haven't dissapeared even though it's been years. Like, literal years that I've felt this way for X. Ever since I first noticed X account which was years ago. And, evertime I see it, it's like the first time I saw X, same reaction, same intensity, same everything.

Anways, thank you ahead for your advice my family. Haha, I feel kind of awkward inadvertantly "confessing my feelings to x" but it's not like I've ever interacted with X or that X even know who I am or see my post. Then again, there's the part of me deep inside that hopes X have also felt this same weird ass shit and that's why X never responded to me even though all my accounts combined have well over a thousand posts, and you'd think there would be at least one X respond to yea?

If you didn't want to be associated with them before due to something toxic or what was probably some other negative reason perhaps it is wise to continue to avoid contact. I don't know the connection between you two so i can't say what in the past might have caused any current good feelings you might experience as attraction despite anything that might be wrong. But sometimes we are attracted to people who are bad for us for all the wrong reasons. Just be careful

Shadowcat said:
Artisan said:

Anyways,

If you didn't want to be associated with them before due to something toxic or what was probably some other negative reason perhaps it is wise to continue to avoid contact. I don't know the connection between you two so i can't say what in the past might have caused any current good feelings you might experience as attraction despite anything that might be wrong. But sometimes we are attracted to people who are bad for us for all the wrong reasons. Just be careful

In the thread I mentioned I've never interacted with them. It's just a strange feeling I have for a fellow member on the forums.

Imagine everytime you saw someones account on the forums it invoked an emotional reaction from you(blushing, short breath, signs of attraction) and you've never interacted with said person before. That's the situation here.

Also, the reason I've avoided them in the past is because for almost all my life I've had an issue with developing emotional dependencies on other people. BUT, I actually was able to overcome this issue last month(in october), as such, I decided to post this thread, asking for fellow SS opinions on the matter and what I should do.

I avoided them because I had this problem of emotional dependency and was(thankfully) self aware enough to know that it was a problem which could lead to me hurting another SS. And, hurting a fellow SS, is truly, one of the last things I would ever want to do.

My actions lead to consequences, but, I don't want my actions to negatively effect those who I care about most(My Satanic Family).

X did nothing wrong, I don't even know X.

Meteor said:
NinRick said:
Is it really such a big deal? In my opinion, even if it's awkward, it's always best to face things head-on rather than remaining passive.

Rather than striking a conversation in a smooth or casual manner, Artisan said he will direct X to this thread. For a multitude of reasons, X will almost certainly feel creeped out by this, leading to one of two outcomes:
Outcome A: X doesn't know how to set boundaries, and responds politely. Artisan senses the awkward mood and backs off.
Outcome B: X freaks out in a dramatic manner. Artisan backs off since it wasn't his intention to cause any problems.

In my opinion, both of these are positive outcomes, as either will likely help Artisan realise that his feelings in this case are rather silly, and give him the closure he needs to move on. I don't think I'm overlooking anything realistic or important, since Artisan is self-aware enough not to turn this into a disaster, as he mentioned himself as well. Surely everyone involved will be fine in the end, right?

Yea, I'll probably come off as some fucking super stalker or some weird shit. But, in reality, I'd rather be super upfront with fellow SS, letting them know that I've had this weird attraction to them for so long.

I don't love this person beyond how I love all my fellow SS family, so, it's not like I am inflating this weird attraction to something like love. I mean, I don't even know them, how could I love them? I've just had a strange attractionary reaction to them, and, assuming this reaction, which has stuck with me for an extended period of time, isn't something negative, I'd obviously like to explore it and find out why I get so flustered when I see them.

I am emotionally stable enough to not turn this into a disaster though. I've already been informed on what I need to do and what I need NOT to do. In the past I definitely wasn't as stable as I am now.

Artisan said:
Meteor said:
NinRick said:
Is it really such a big deal? In my opinion, even if it's awkward, it's always best to face things head-on rather than remaining passive.

Rather than striking a conversation in a smooth or casual manner, Artisan said he will direct X to this thread. For a multitude of reasons, X will almost certainly feel creeped out by this, leading to one of two outcomes:
Outcome A: X doesn't know how to set boundaries, and responds politely. Artisan senses the awkward mood and backs off.
Outcome B: X freaks out in a dramatic manner. Artisan backs off since it wasn't his intention to cause any problems.

In my opinion, both of these are positive outcomes, as either will likely help Artisan realise that his feelings in this case are rather silly, and give him the closure he needs to move on. I don't think I'm overlooking anything realistic or important, since Artisan is self-aware enough not to turn this into a disaster, as he mentioned himself as well. Surely everyone involved will be fine in the end, right?

Yea, I'll probably come off as some fucking super stalker or some weird shit. But, in reality, I'd rather be super upfront with fellow SS, letting them know that I've had this weird attraction to them for so long.

I don't love this person beyond how I love all my fellow SS family, so, it's not like I am inflating this weird attraction to something like love. I mean, I don't even know them, how could I love them? I've just had a strange attractionary reaction to them, and, assuming this reaction, which has stuck with me for an extended period of time, isn't something negative, I'd obviously like to explore it and find out why I get so flustered when I see them.

I am emotionally stable enough to not turn this into a disaster though. I've already been informed on what I need to do and what I need NOT to do. In the past I definitely wasn't as stable as I am now.

Just tell the person that you like them. No one will kill you, nothing will happen to you. If she doesn't like you, just accept it like a man.

Why not just be chill about it and just be honest. Say you want to spend time with them if they'd like and then leave it up to them. If they say no, oh well, life goes on. I think people are right about being direct. Just don't be too direct and say stuff like "I've been thinking about you all the time" y'know.

Attraction can be strong intense and normal, it’s okay to feel however you feel but let it go and don’t take it too seriously at the end of the day. You don’t know the person. This kind of energy can be fun when it’s properly channeled and understood and someone has some “game”, and understanding. Don’t obsess over someone to an unhealthy degree, or at all really ever, it can be fun to mutually “obsess” over someone in a playful way and it can be the start to something good (more likely in real life) if it doesn’t get out of hand and those feelings are understood as just attraction. I guess I don’t know if I would call that obsession at that point, but sexual energy is just kind of obsessive in nature. Just chillllll.

Sundara said:
Attraction can be strong intense and normal, it’s okay to feel however you feel but let it go and don’t take it too seriously at the end of the day. You don’t know the person. This kind of energy can be fun when it’s properly channeled and understood and someone has some “game”, and understanding. Don’t obsess over someone to an unhealthy degree, or at all really ever, it can be fun to mutually “obsess” over someone in a playful way and it can be the start to something good (more likely in real life) if it doesn’t get out of hand and those feelings are understood as just attraction. I guess I don’t know if I would call that obsession at that point, but sexual energy is just kind of obsessive in nature. Just chillllll.

Exactly.

Artisan said:

Anyways,

Stop making this a big deal, and just express your emotions keep it simple and follow your heart.

NinRick said:
Sundara said:

Exactly.

I guess a person doesn’t have to just chill either, they can also use that energy to achieve great things. The proper way isn’t to suppress it but channel it.

Sundara said:
NinRick said:
Sundara said:

Exactly.

I guess a person doesn’t have to just chill either, they can also use that energy to achieve great things. The proper way isn’t to suppress it but channel it.

This is very true, love and desire can be a very great source of drive, energy and motivation, however, if you do not channel it properly it can also lead to a negative outcome.

What he describes sounds like something that can easily lead into an obsession. If you can deal with this like an adult, then great, but if you fall back into teenage behaviour and naivety, well, then negative experiences are almost always the outcome.

Also for a relationship the compatibility of both persons’ characters are very important (natal chart/synastry) both persons have to harmonise in a way, and also another very important aspect is that of physical attraction. If both parties are not physically attracted to each other, there will never be a sound sexual relationship.

Artisan is just attracted to his subconscious projections onto this person, it is very likely just a delusion. Chances are that he will be disappointed, in many ways and on many levels. And I do not think he can handle it in a way that he won‘t suffer from it.

If he at least had the other person‘s natal chart for a synastry analysis, this would be something to rely on.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back