Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Forum Backup Completed

ApolloAbove [JG]

Website
apolloabove.org
Hello everyone.

I have succeeded in creating a full backup of these forums. They handle exactly like an offline copy of a website would, so there are a number of considerations to make note of.

- There is no way to search or utilize the search function (I understand how important this part is and I am working on another tool to let anyone search the archives)
- There is no way to log in or view any private profiles, nor view any content that you'd have to sign in for.
- The archive is quite large! In the zip file, it is about 11GB in size. Uncompressed however, it is about 50-60GB in size.
- There are over 500,000 individual pages in the archive, each page is stored as one file. If you are on an older system, it's in your best interest to not open any of the folders.
- Check out the "It is currently <date>" text near the top right of page to see when the archive was taken.

How to browse the downloadable archive:
1. Download the archive
2. Extract it to wherever you want
3. If you're on Windows, open the "Browse the Archive" Internet shortcut, which takes you to the main forums page in your default web browser

You can download the archive from several mirrors.
https://mega.nz/file/PW4CVLzA#AxeNMojLGin1nXW8rF2mVsTNMG1UQjWaQznB59tXv04 (Mega Link)
https://apolloabove.org/backup.zip (Site run by me)

Or, alternatively, view the archive online, without downloading anything.
Visit https://apolloabove.org to view the last archived copy of the forums. Everything handles exactly as you'd expect when browsing the forums normally, with the same exceptions listed above. The search function does not work, as there is no way to communicate, with the official Joy of Satan forums.

I will cover how to make your own back ups in my next thread.

If you want something else added to the archive, or have other comments on how to improve it, please let me know!

DeepScrub said:
Hello everyone.

I have succeeded in creating a full backup of these forums. They handle exactly like an offline copy of a website would, so there are a number of considerations to make note of.

- There is no way to search or utilize the search function (I understand how important this part is and I am working on another tool to let anyone search the archives)
- There is no way to log in or view any private profiles, nor view any content that you'd have to sign in for.
- The archive is quite large! In the zip file, it is about 11GB in size. Uncompressed however, it is about 50-60GB in size.
- There are over 500,000 individual pages in the archive, each page is stored as one file. If you are on an older system, it's in your best interest to not open any of the folders.
- Check out the "It is currently <date>" text near the top right of page to see when the archive was taken.

How to browse the downloadable archive:
1. Download the archive
2. Extract it to wherever you want
3. If you're on Windows, open the "Browse the Archive" Internet shortcut, which takes you to the main forums page in your default web browser

You can download the archive from several mirrors.
https://mega.nz/file/PW4CVLzA#AxeNMojLGin1nXW8rF2mVsTNMG1UQjWaQznB59tXv04 (Mega Link)
https://apolloabove.org/backup.zip (Site run by me)

Or, alternatively, view the archive online, without downloading anything.
Visit https://apolloabove.org to view the last archived copy of the forums. Everything handles exactly as you'd expect when browsing the forums normally, with the same exceptions listed above. The search function does not work, as there is no way to communicate, with the official Joy of Satan forums.

I will cover how to make your own back ups in my next thread.

If you want something else added to the archive, or have other comments on how to improve it, please let me know!

Thanks for your work

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
in case you did not see, want to look over it

Soaring Eagle 666 said:
in case you did not see, want to look over it

Thank you for this. I saw this just now. I will combine this with the already existing backup that is the full backup. That is very important to have.

Thank you, it looks good! I will update my 2020 mirror on the Tor site with this one.

By the way, DocFetcher has been included in the old forums offline backup to provide a search function.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Thank you for this. I saw this just now. I will combine this with the already existing backup that is the full backup. That is very important to have.

But isn't it unsafe to accept downloads from just anyone? It's a big file, who knows if a jew puts a spyware into such big collection of files?

Better to first download such big files on a virtual machine and then manually check them, cuz not sure if an anti-virus would detect anything. Also not sure if someone would want to invest time into manually scanning it.

Imo, the easiest and most secure fix would be: Download it on a secondary OS/device and then get a external storage device to specifically put such files on it and access these files through that secondary OS/device only.
[Just to help a novice know, if you have two OS on the same computer, the above will become useless if you don't encrypt your primary OS's hard drives, because your secondary OS will more likely be able to read other drives, which means a spyware in the secondary OS could infect those other drives. The whole purpose gets destroyed.
Its better to buy a separate disk for a secondary OS, less hassle at installing OS and little to no failures. Once installed, encrypt the drives used in the primary OS, do not encrypt the disk of secondary OS if your primary OS is reading it. Once done, boot with the secondary OS, and encrypt it's disk as well to ensure your Primary OS won't get access to it, but during re installation of OS, some OS may ask to first decrypt it. We will be reinstalling 2nd OS numerous times.
If you don't want to encrypt your hard drives, every time you boot into the 2nd OS, you will have to first disable other hard disks from the BIOS before booting into the 2nd OS. Same for the hard drive of your secondary OS when you want to use the Primary OS. This actually seems to be less irritating.]

Another question arises, a spyware would send information to the creator, therefore it could send your location and much more info about your PC, how does a different OS and external drive help?

Yes, of course it will send information, but only if your PC is connected to the internet and only if you extract the file.
We want to download these backups to only store for a shtf scenario, not everyday use. During shtf scenario, it's more likely that the internet will be cut off or you will simply not connect your device to internet if it's a cyber dystopia stuff. So therefore, store backup on several external disk/device to insure data security if a drive fails. And keep a separate external disk/device for suspicious backup downloads. If someone confirms it's a backup but you are still sus, you don't have to extract the files, just keep it archived on a separate external disk.

What if I want to open these sus files? What about the internet connection? How to avoid data leak?
Here is the procedure:

- Only download files that are archived like .zip or .rar --- [Never downloading .exe/executable files directly, but as long as the .exe file is inside an archive, it's fine to download.]
- Download only from trusted/known file hosting websites.
- Once you download an archived file, don't extract them yet. Just copy and paste it in your JoS 'suspicious' backup drive[the drive where you keep suspicious downloads only in archived format, or a drive with only archive formats or else your regular backup drives could get infected and once again, all this becomes useless.]
- Disconnect your Ethernet cable/turn off wifi. And disconnect the backup drive as well.
- Make sure you are on your secondary OS and your Primary OS drives are encrypted or disabled.
- Now, extract the archive that is on the PC and do what you wanted to do.
- Once done, delete the extracted folder/files and if the download was really a backup, all done. But if it was fake, simply delete the archive file on the backup drive as well after reinstalling the OS.
- Now reinstall the OS [whether it was a backup or a fake file, if you have extracted and executed any file inside the extracted folder, then you have to reinstall at all costs(there are also cases of self execution.)]
- Once the 2nd OS is reinstalled and if your files inside the archive were fake/malware, simply reconnect the backup drive and delete the archive file.
- Now you can boot into your Primary OS and reconnect to internet if you want.

You will have to repeat the above procedure every time when you download something sus or from a sus source. Too much inconvenience? Better to only download files from HP Cobra, the JoS Ministry or the users they trust.

The above procedure is useful for JoS Ministries to securely backup data from users who have low number of posts or new users.
Or if simply wanna check and backup such big files, virtual machine is the ideal option[same procedure, but only transfer archived files, on a drive for archive purpose only. No other file format should be present in the backup drive.]
And downloading data/backup from a user's website or an unknown website through a VPN or through a free public wifi is recommended to mask your location[even better if you can go to a different city or town].

If something is incorrect above, please do provide correct info.
Pardon the cluster.

No offense @DeepScrub, I am not calling you an infiltrator or trying to frame you. What you have done is really great. But I am just acting as a reminder for safe experience on the forums :)

This isn't updated. Please update it regularly every month. Thank you btw ,this is very much appreciated.

Jack said:
This isn't updated. Please update it regularly every month. Thank you btw ,this is very much appreciated.

Hello,

I am aware! The updates to the archive take considerable time, I am working on getting everything updated much faster in the future.

If any other users have suggestions or feedback, please contact me using the email in my profile. If you have something else important you want backed up, talk to me through there and we can work it out.

DeepScrub said:
Jack said:

Hello,

I am aware! The updates to the archive take considerable time, I am working on getting everything updated much faster in the future.

If any other users have suggestions or feedback, please contact me using the email in my profile. If you have something else important you want backed up, talk to me through there and we can work it out.

That's a great backup. Could you somehow however specify within the site [maybe with a sitebar] that this is a backup that is being generated and then redirect to the official forum? If it's not that hard to do. If possible, it could be updated also in a weekly basis, or maybe even a cron-job can automatically update it? I am however not on the skill level to build this module.

Again, thanks for this very necessary backup.

The forum archive website has been updated to November 28th. In the future I will not announce additional updates unless something major occurs.

The archive website: https://apolloabove.org
HPHC Posts (From icedrive): https://apolloabove.org/hphc_posts.zip
The Blue Star Athenaeum: https://apolloabove.org/the_blue_star_athenaeum.7z

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
DeepScrub said:
Jack said:

Hello,

That's a great backup. Could you somehow however specify within the site [maybe with a sitebar] that this is a backup that is being generated and then redirect to the official forum? If it's not that hard to do. If possible, it could be updated also in a weekly basis, or maybe even a cron-job can automatically update it? I am however not on the skill level to build this module.

Again, thanks for this very necessary backup.

Done. I will clarify on the archive site, that it is a backup and not the real thing. There are faster / more efficient ways to do this, contact me using my profile email.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back