Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

why do i always fall asleep?!?!?!?

ZeljnaIstine

Maybe some advice, I feel frustrated. I would also ask HP HC to give me some advice.

Every time I go to meditate I fall asleep, so sometimes I wonder if anyone experiences the same thing at all, if we all fall asleep or I'm just stupid and I don't know how to do it. That's what bothers me a lot.
Thank you

Hello. This is something that happens to some people, it has to do with some people's mindsets not wanting to meditate so it causes the person to just fall asleep instead.

Try telling yourself very firmly, 5-20 times something like "I am successfully staying awake to complete my meditations. Meditating is easy, natural, and enjoyable for me!"

And before you start meditating, maybe do some breath of fire or some quick yoga to raise your bioelectricity levels.

ZeljnaIstine said:
Maybe some advice, I feel frustrated. I would also ask HP HC to give me some advice.

Every time I go to meditate I fall asleep, so sometimes I wonder if anyone experiences the same thing at all, if we all fall asleep or I'm just stupid and I don't know how to do it. That's what bothers me a lot.
Thank you
Dont meditate when you are dead tired :lol:

Lydia said:
Hello. This is something that happens to some people, it has to do with some people's mindsets not wanting to meditate so it causes the person to just fall asleep instead.

Try telling yourself very firmly, 5-20 times something like "I am successfully staying awake to complete my meditations. Meditating is easy, natural, and enjoyable for me!"

Nisam razumila sta ste rekli,tko ne zeli meditirqti ,nq sta ste mislili tocno?

And before you start meditating, maybe do some breath of fire or some quick yoga to raise your bioelectricity levels.

ZeljnaIstine said:

Thank you

How are you positioned when you meditate?

ZeljnaIstine said:

Thank you

I have this problem. I do a lot of things during the day and by the end of the day I'm exhausted. Often I go to sleep before meditation and rituals, and then I start what I have to do.

ZeljnaIstine said:

Thank you

This can pertain to health symptoms related to "dampness" or "phlegm", especially when it is stuck in the head area. This results when the body becomes weakened and does not sufficiently remove these pathogens from the body. As the pathogens clog up the body, energy transmission slows, leading to feelings of excessive tiredness or weakness.

Dampness or phlegm is a yin-style pathogen, meaning you need yang energy to remove it. Doing kundalini yoga, Tibetan 5 Rites, or the breath of fire, in combination with acupressure, herbs, and dietary therapy will fix this. Hatha yoga helps indirectly and should be done anyway.

Individuals who have weaker fire in their souls, such as afflicted solar or mars energy, are more prone to this. However, if one has too much pathological heat in their body (inflammation, not healthy fire), this can lead to dampness accumulation, as any fluids are coagulated and solidified by the heat in the blood. This is the case with diabetes, where heat accumulation precedes dampness accumulation.

So whether you have this or not, I am not sure, nor do I know about the specifics of the origin. In general, however, those with too much yin will be slow, and those with too much yang will have trouble calming down. An opposite problem would be someone who cannot sit still to meditate, and would likely have trouble sleeping.

I often encounter this obstacle as well when I mediate at night; is it ok to mediate while seated rather than lying down so to ensure I do not fall asleep?

Fuil said:
I often encounter this obstacle as well when I mediate at night; is it ok to mediate while seated rather than lying down so to ensure I do not fall asleep?
Yes, of course you can.
I notice it's easy for me to fall asleep if I am covered by the blanket, it's so cozy and heavy and my head can't help it to just fall asleep lol

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back