Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

"Hell" and Xian Morality

Rational Satanist

Many people ask this question: how can people do good things if they don't believe in a xian hell?

This came up on another thread and I wrote some replies, but here I'm going to expand on it because it's a topic that comes up a lot, especially from xians or those who have xian hang ups.

You will surprised to learn that the xian "hell" has nothing to do with morality. According to most xians, their "salvation" happens by faith alone, and not by works. Which means that if you are always polite, giving money to the poor, working for the common good and avoid everything bad, but you do not believe in Jewsus or Jewhova, you will go to "hell".

On the other hand, there was a man called Jeffrey Dahmer. This man, was a serial killer, rapist and pedophile. He was a criminal most of his life. But a few days before he died in jail, he sincerely repented of his "sins", got baptized and became a xian. According to xians, this man went to "heaven".

So you can see why the xian version of hell is a joke and doesn't prevent you from anything. You can commit crimes all your life, repent and turn to Jewsus just before you die and *boom*, you go to heaven!

But let's put that obvious fact aside and assume that the xian "hell" is solely based on morality, just for the sake of the argument.

Are you saying that you are not a thinking person, that you can't see that "good" behavior is more helpful in the long term than "bad" behavior? Are you in such a primitive state that you need somebody to punish you in order to do something that helps yourself. Bad behaviors (even if you exclude the illegal ones) only bring short term gain, but are bad for you in the long term.

As a Satanist, you are assumed to be a thinking person, and not a low IQ primitive person.

Scientists have also found a part of the brain which deals with conscience. So, humans have already an innate conscience and sense of right and wrong and they don't need a religion to tell them that. This part of the brain is malfunctioning in some people, typically called sociopaths or psychopaths. These people have no sense of conscience and do whatever benefits them short term regardless of whom they harm. And these people certainly don't care about religion or "hell" or whatever else, not even rules or laws.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back