Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Expanding Consciousness: Physical Meditation

HPS Lydia

Expanding Consciousness Physical Meditation

This physical meditation will expand your consciousness to beyond just one part of your body, to being able to hold your consciousness throughout your entire body simultaneously for an extended length of time. This will grow your consciousness, it will grow your mind, and develop your mental strength and focus.

This guide starts for beginners, and will extend to very advanced. This should be incorporated into a Hatha yoga practice, and is in fact one of the goals for yoga. Remember, the very word “yoga” means union of the mind, body, and soul. This meditation will help to accomplish that.

Most people with a lower and smaller level of consciousness can only hold their consciousness in one part of their body at a time. And when they focus to the next body part, they lose attention to the previous body part. I will outline the method using a very simple pose. Take your time with this, no need to time yourself. Don’t rush through it.

Pose: Sit upright on the floor, not leaning against a wall for support. Have your legs extended straight out in front of you together, with your arms down, hands touching the floor (either palms and fingers on the floor, or just fingers if your arms are short).

1. Focus on your torso. Hold your posture well, shoulders straight, back upright. Relax your face.

2. Focus on your arms straight down beside your torso, hands pressing into the floor.

3. Focus on your chest: lift it, have your lungs able to expand well. Try to take full but easy (no straining) breaths throughout this exercise.

4. Focus on your stomach: engage your abs (draw your bellybutton inwards), do not let your stomach hang loose.

5. Focus on your glutes sitting on the floor.

6. Focus on your thighs, pressing hamstrings into the ground, engage your thighs (don’t leave them loose, flex the thighs a bit).

7. Focus on your knees, you will notice when your engage your thighs that your kneecaps draw in to their socket.

8. Focus on your ankles and feet, flex your feet with toes pointing upwards.

Now, bring your attention back through your body parts that you previously applied your focus on. Chances are, you started sagging and loosening in places.

-Focus on your back again, hold your posture up.

-Check your chest, is it caving, and are your abs loose?

-Are your hands pressing down into the floor?

-Now your feet again, are they still flexed with your toes pointing up?

-Is your face still relaxed?

-Are you still breathing full breaths?

-Are your thighs still engaged?

-Are your shoulder blades down your back, and your shoulders not hunching up to your ears?

Keep scanning your body over, from top to bottom and bottom to top, or from one body part to another then another, at random.

None of the steps above need to be in the order given. In fact, for many standing asanas, you might want to start scanning and focusing from your feet upwards. You can personalize this practice.

The point is to have all the steps above happening simultaneously. As your consciousness expands, your mind will be in all parts of your body at all times. You will no longer be scanning your body, as you will have consciousness in every body part simultaneously. This is a major checkpoint in your advancement, to be able to be conscious of all parts of your body all at the same time.

Don’t be discouraged if you can’t get this right away, it can take a long time of practice, but the practice itself is healthy for the mind and will help with Void meditation and self-discipline. Focus on the daily process of it.

You can try this method through your entire hatha yoga session in all the asanas you do, even just briefly for each asana, to start with. As you advance in this method, you can do it with increasingly difficult asanas, leading up to arm balance asanas and so on. You will also be able to hold focus for extended periods of time.

HPS Maxine has mentioned this to me about this before and the method looks very very accurate, if not the same. She also mentioned that as a relaxation exercise. With some alteration, this will go to the JoS [under introspective meditations], but this is a very good post and articulation of the subject. Thank you for this Lydia.

thank you Sister, for all you share and do for us, I'll put this in my routine

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
HPS Maxine has mentioned this to me about this before and the method looks very very accurate, if not the same. She also mentioned that as a relaxation exercise. With some alteration, this will go to the JoS [under introspective meditations], but this is a very good post and articulation of the subject. Thank you for this Lydia.
Thank you, I'm curious to see what the alteration will be.

Zhan Zhuang is also excellent for this. At an advanced point your muscles will hold on just from the qi.

This was in the Yogic and Tantric Methods of Concentration book. It's pretty good for being able to direct Energy and Will.

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

GOD when?

When I practiced calisthenics I think I developed something like this. There it's known as the mind-muscle connection and proprioception. The body learns to function as a unit and issues like posture were no more. Unfortunately I eventually lost it when I fell out of my routine.

Lydia said:

This physical meditation will expand your consciousness to beyond just one part of your body, to being able to hold your consciousness throughout your entire body simultaneously for an extended length of time. This will grow your consciousness, it will grow your mind, and develop your mental strength and focus.

This guide starts for beginners, and will extend to very advanced. This should be incorporated into a Hatha yoga practice, and is in fact one of the goals for yoga. Remember, the very word “yoga” means union of the mind, body, and soul. This meditation will help to accomplish that.

Most people with a lower and smaller level of consciousness can only hold their consciousness in one part of their body at a time. And when they focus to the next body part, they lose attention to the previous body part. I will outline the method using a very simple pose. Take your time with this, no need to time yourself. Don’t rush through it.

Pose: Sit upright on the floor, not leaning against a wall for support. Have your legs extended straight out in front of you together, with your arms down, hands touching the floor (either palms and fingers on the floor, or just fingers if your arms are short).

1. Focus on your torso. Hold your posture well, shoulders straight, back upright. Relax your face.

2. Focus on your arms straight down beside your torso, hands pressing into the floor.

3. Focus on your chest: lift it, have your lungs able to expand well. Try to take full but easy (no straining) breaths throughout this exercise.

4. Focus on your stomach: engage your abs (draw your bellybutton inwards), do not let your stomach hang loose.

6. Focus on your thighs, pressing hamstrings into the ground, engage your thighs (don’t leave them loose, flex the thighs a bit).

7. Focus on your knees, you will notice when your engage your thighs that your kneecaps draw in to their socket.

Now, bring your attention back through your body parts that you previously applied your focus on. Chances are, you started sagging and loosening in places.

-Are your shoulder blades down your back, and your shoulders not hunching up to your ears?

Keep scanning your body over, from top to bottom and bottom to top, or from one body part to another then another, at random.

None of the steps above need to be in the order given. In fact, for many standing asanas, you might want to start scanning and focusing from your feet upwards. You can personalize this practice.

The point is to have all the steps above happening simultaneously. As your consciousness expands, your mind will be in all parts of your body at all times. You will no longer be scanning your body, as you will have consciousness in every body part simultaneously. This is a major checkpoint in your advancement, to be able to be conscious of all parts of your body all at the same time.

Don’t be discouraged if you can’t get this right away, it can take a long time of practice, but the practice itself is healthy for the mind and will help with Void meditation and self-discipline. Focus on the daily process of it.

You can try this method through your entire hatha yoga session in all the asanas you do, even just briefly for each asana, to start with. As you advance in this method, you can do it with increasingly difficult asanas, leading up to arm balance asanas and so on. You will also be able to hold focus for extended periods of time.

This is very nice and came at a perfect time

Thank you for this Lydia, this is amazing.

I really needed this. Being fully conscious of my body is something I've always struggled with.

Your excellent explanation made this very easy to understand!

Hail Satan!

Lydia said:

The asanas are aimed at a specific chakra, but if I add this introspective meditation during hatha yoga do I have to concentrate more in the chakra area or does the concentration have to be uniform?

Instead, being aware of all 7 chakras at the same time, is it a good exercise to expand consciousness?

Thank alot, Lydia.

I've just realised that this is much a point of many martial arts practices as well - expanding consciousness throughout the entire body. It's really clear to me now thanks to what you have said.

Thank you.

Luckily I started doing this earlier this year since I noticed I would get "lost" in my mind even when doing martial arts and I hated it since it would affect me I'm a negative way so when doing yoga it made sense to get myself as grounded as possible and focus on my my whole body and just that. There's details here that you mentioned that I'll be adding to it now. Thank you

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back