Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Obliterating your... self?!

existentialcrisis

Hey, all.

I'm frustrated with the problems and blockages I face in life and I feel stuck. I'm still very novice spiritually, just trying to be consistent with the basics, plus the RTR. (another frustration is my slow development, but maybe it is myself holding me back...?)

So, with the knowledge from astrology, I'm hoping to do Lydia's obliterating your saturn and finally be free from my bindings and move on.

But here is the catch. Saturn is my chart ruler, and severely debilitated. It does for sure cause difficulties as it strongly afflicts very important placements for me, but at the same time I feel it is too weak. I have a weak sense of self, poor self expression & esteem, discipline issues, etc. Plus my sun is intercepted. I lack fire.

Should I obliterate my saturn anyway? Should I empower it or the other planets instead? Or just work with fire?

Should I just forget about it all until I become an intermediate meditator? Can I stop overthinking it?

I see many issues reflected on my chart and it is confusing trying to figure out where to start, or where it is best to focus, and how to tackle it. It's hard to work on my spiritual life when the material life and inner life is out of order as well. I have so much work to do. How do you decide where to start?

Hope I'm making sense and not oversharing but I find it overwhelming and confusing. I don't like to ask for help but I appreciate any insights. And sorry if this is too basic or foolish of a question.

existentialcrisis said:
Hey, all.

I'm frustrated with the problems and blockages I face in life and I feel stuck. I'm still very novice spiritually, just trying to be consistent with the basics, plus the RTR. (another frustration is my slow development, but maybe it is myself holding me back...?)

So, with the knowledge from astrology, I'm hoping to do Lydia's obliterating your saturn and finally be free from my bindings and move on.

But here is the catch. Saturn is my chart ruler, and severely debilitated. It does for sure cause difficulties as it strongly afflicts very important placements for me, but at the same time I feel it is too weak. I have a weak sense of self, poor self expression & esteem, discipline issues, etc. Plus my sun is intercepted. I lack fire.

Should I obliterate my saturn anyway? Should I empower it or the other planets instead? Or just work with fire?

Should I just forget about it all until I become an intermediate meditator? Can I stop overthinking it?

I see many issues reflected on my chart and it is confusing trying to figure out where to start, or where it is best to focus, and how to tackle it. It's hard to work on my spiritual life when the material life and inner life is out of order as well. I have so much work to do. How do you decide where to start?

Hope I'm making sense and not oversharing but I find it overwhelming and confusing. I don't like to ask for help but I appreciate any insights. And sorry if this is too basic or foolish of a question.

You could invoke fire element in order to see how the fiery mobility will work for you.
At the same time you could try to obliterate and nullify the negative aspects of your natal Saturn, cause Saturn also gives positive aspects and traits. It's a planet that most people fear but if you've worked on it then you have nothing to fear. Saturn has two sides, like all planets.

As for the "out of order" material life, this is a thing that many people struggle with. The enemy  uses power in order to keep us frozen and bound, to make us run in circles and focus on things that will makes us waste our energy and time. Have faith, patience and determination. The material world, unfortunately, can be a real mess in some phases. Letting this influence your inner and spiritual world won't help you. Focus on your advancement and eventually you'll be able to gain control over more and more things.

If you want, take a look at these links, I hope these can help.

https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63406&sid=e2ba5acc4eb64327a0dcc07b6f2d7022

https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61935&sid=53f8d17e9a87cbfac7b0e7fbcc24be5c

existentialcrisis said:

What exactly you need to focus on is based on the specifics of your chart. Since your chart rules is Saturn, then this wouldn't be a bad place to start. Also look and see if you have any bad degrees, and what your south node and chiron say about your karma.

Saturn is useful for discipline, but obviously, it can limit positive things as well. When you are "obliterating" your Saturn, you are not really destroying the entirety of it, only removing the negatives. You want to keep the positives, but remove the negatives. So you would use Munka or Ansuz to remove any negative influence from Saturn on yourself.

If you want to add more positive aspects of Saturn, then you would use the Nauthiz rune. Confidence and esteem come from fire planets like Mars and the Sun. Uruz is useful because it has both earth and fire properties, so it is useful for overall productivity, for example.

There are some good upcoming earth dates with the moon in Capricorn or Taurus where you could start something for adding traits to yourself. As far as removing anything, make use of the moon waning in Scorpio in early November.

You can certainly start workings now, just be mindful that it may take longer for you to see results with less power. However, if making progress on these issues directly improves your ability to progress spiritually, then obviously it is worth the investment.

As far as any short-term gains, make use of yoga, pranayama, and invoking the elements. Kundalini yoga, breath of fire, or the Tibetan 5 Rites are really good for generating yang energy. Invoking earth for discipline and endurance can be useful, as can invoking fire for motivation or drive. These can be done in the short term before or during a larger working.

Yoga also has the added benefit of giving you both spiritual and physical benefits without requiring a whole lot of willpower to actually perform.

Write out a few ideas or plans of action, then ask the Gods for advice here. They should make it clear exactly what you need to focus on first.

Good luck.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back