Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Question about Pranayama sessions

Xon

I read on a Yoga forum that it is better to use only one breathing technique per session, because it takes time for body, mind and Soul to stabilize on that particular "frequency". That's not the dumbest thing I've read there.
Before I read it I was always using several techniques in one session. Now I'm following that instruction. It seems correct to me because in a similar way we wait some time between magic operations to keep the energies from overlapping.
What do you think about it?

Xon said:
I read on a Yoga forum that it is better to use only one breathing technique per session, because it takes time for body, mind and Soul to stabilize on that particular "frequency". That's not the dumbest thing I've read there.
Before I read it I was always using several techniques in one session. Now I'm following that instruction. It seems correct to me because in a similar way we wait some time between magic operations to keep the energies from overlapping.

I understand this is an old post, but I've come across this in a search. I tend to spend 30-40 minutes per day doing pranayama in a single session, using 3-4 different techniques.

Now after reading this, I'm curious if I should focus on just one technique for the full duration and change the technique each day?

gnome said:
Xon said:

I understand this is an old post, but I've come across this in a search. I tend to spend 30-40 minutes per day doing pranayama in a single session, using 3-4 different techniques.

Now after reading this, I'm curious if I should focus on just one technique for the full duration and change the technique each day?
Don't worry, you can use as much techniques as you need. In Full Chakra meditation we do so. I think in terms of asanas and kyria, each one has a particular frequency, yet several are used during sessions and not just one, usually.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back