Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Steam scammer with a Commander Cobra profile pic

Young Faith

This is funny.
I am on Steam, and my nickname, well, let's say that if know about JoS there is NO way you're not going to recognize it (for obvious reasons I don't want to straight up write my nickname here, but probably I will change it at this point as it feels unsafe).
I wrote a review on a game, and some dude with a Commander Cobra's profile picture commented it, telling me that he wanted to ask me a question about a game.
At first, noticing the profile picture, I thought that this was some fellow SS that wanted to have a talk of some sort (I remembered that someone once made a post about spreading truth on Steam, so I thought it made sense).
At the end of day, he was just a scammer trying to get my profile using this precise scam: https://blog.malwarebytes.com/scams...all-for-the-i-accidentally-reported-you-scam/
Of course I didn't fell for it, and as soon as he replies me I'm already ready to troll him by sending him this link.

Well well well, I just find strange that on Steam, where I have a JoS-related nickname, someone with a Commander Cobra profile picture tried to scam me. It's probably the enemy, I'd say. Maybe it's time to change nickname.

Young Faith said:
This is funny.
I am on Steam, and my nickname, well, let's say that if know about JoS there is NO way you're not going to recognize it (for obvious reasons I don't want to straight up write my nickname here, but probably I will change it at this point as it feels unsafe).
I wrote a review on a game, and some dude with a Commander Cobra's profile picture commented it, telling me that he wanted to ask me a question about a game.
At first, noticing the profile picture, I thought that this was some fellow SS that wanted to have a talk of some sort (I remembered that someone once made a post about spreading truth on Steam, so I thought it made sense).
At the end of day, he was just a scammer trying to get my profile using this precise scam: https://blog.malwarebytes.com/scams...all-for-the-i-accidentally-reported-you-scam/
Of course I didn't fell for it, and as soon as he replies me I'm already ready to troll him by sending him this link.

Well well well, I just find strange that on Steam, where I have a JoS-related nickname, someone with a Commander Cobra profile picture tried to scam me. It's probably the enemy, I'd say. Maybe it's time to change nickname.

There was a new age site I came across once that was talking about Commander Cobra and the battle plan and writing stuff similar to what was on here but talking about giving energies to angels and stuff. This to me looked like a rip off of our stuff but it was changed enough I don't think that can be proven.

It looks like the enemy thinks Cobras approach is successful or something. Don't know really.

slyscorpion said:
There was a new age site I came across once that was talking about Commander Cobra and the battle plan and writing stuff similar to what was on here but talking about giving energies to angels and stuff. This to me looked like a rip off of our stuff but it was changed enough I don't think that can be proven.

It looks like the enemy thinks Cobras approach is successful or something. Don't know really.

I know the site you're talking about but I don't think that person's name is a copy of Hoodedcobra. I don't know whether the mods will delete the link so to find that site search "2012portal" on jewgle. That person's name "cobra" (it doesn't use the word commander) actually comes from "compression breakthrough", that's what he/she claims and it's basically a new age site where it tracks how supposed "forces of light" liberate our planet and sometimes posts "guided meditations" which are just sending peace and love to specific places or people ( :lol: ). Totally crazy things there, only read it if you want to have a good laugh.

Also, Cobra Commander is the bad guy from G.I. Joe so you can expect other people to use that name.

By the way, I did change nickname. It wasn't safe at all, I first chose it because it was a subliminal message, but I don't think that by having it as nickname I'd do so much other than expose myself to the enemy lurking around.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back