Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

I can't log in.

Lunar Dance 666

Hp,

I have experienced this issue over the past couple of months and now I'm done with it.

I type my name correctly. I type my password correctly. I select 'remember me' so that I don't get logged out immediately, and yet when I press Login, it keeps telling me that my information is invalid.

As annoying as it is, often after resetting the cookies to the board it takes it then.
Otherwise I'll have to try again and again for about 4-5 times. Sometimes I do indeed type it incorrectly. But I am constantly having this issue, whilst, before the forum update, I almost never got this message.
Now I get it all the time.

Can this be fixed?

Save your log in credidentials in browser for autofill or use an external software from which you can copypaste them so that you never enter them incorrectly again.

Otherwise deletion of cookies will take care of log in problems, like you have done.

Henu the Great said:
Save your log in credidentials in browser for autofill or use an external software from which you can copypaste them so that you never enter them incorrectly again.

Otherwise deletion of cookies will take care of log in problems, like you have done.

This is not something I'd suggest. Ever. (The save login data.)

Secondly, I wouldn't be posting about it if it wasn't a recurring issue. I log many times in on the same device for work and it always works with one try.
I don't get why I have to try 4 to 5 times to get it to work.
Sometimes it doesn't even work after deleting the board cookies.

One time I was unable to log in into an account and I had to do a password reset to fix the issue. I am not sure if this is the case here also, but it has happened to me before.

Also was already logged in on my pc now and I was trying it on another device, for clarification.

Lunar Dance 666 said:
I type my name correctly. I type my password correctly. I select 'remember me' so that I don't get logged out immediately, and yet when I press Login, it keeps telling me that my information is invalid.
it happened to me many times, is most likely from the browser (Tor in my case) and not from the forum. When I was closing and opening the browser again it was loging in normally.

It is good practice to clean your cache and cookies periodically. That tends to fix these problems. It doesn't sound like a problem with the forum; just that you didn't clean out the clutter, sort of thing. The cache and things is to help, but it can also be sort of like gunking up the thing.

Autofill I think would fix that or trying another browser maybe updating your browser if there is a new version of it out.

But for the record unrelated to my reply I have a consistent problem of this logging out and asking me to log in after writing posts. If I log in I lose the post.

I have figured out a way around that just click back and copy it then paste it but it's kind of annoying. Though I have had that problem as long as I use the forums so it's not about the update.

I personally think they should have a way to make it stay logged in for as long as you have a browser tab open with the forums on it or a specified time. It can log out when browser is closed.

Like for example 5 hours or 2 days or something like a list of times to choose from. That would solve both our issues.

Lunar Dance 666 said:
Henu the Great said:

This is not something I'd suggest. Ever. (The save login data.)

Secondly, I wouldn't be posting about it if it wasn't a recurring issue. I log many times in on the same device for work and it always works with one try.
I don't get why I have to try 4 to 5 times to get it to work.
Sometimes it doesn't even work after deleting the board cookies.

One time I was unable to log in into an account and I had to do a password reset to fix the issue. I am not sure if this is the case here also, but it has happened to me before.
There are tools that are tied into PRISM, and then there are tools that are privacy friendly. Just saying.

Sounds like a browser issue on your end. Have you tried another browser?

slyscorpion said:
But for the record unrelated to my reply I have a consistent problem of this logging out and asking me to log in after writing posts. If I log in I lose the post.

I have figured out a way around that just click back and copy it then paste it but it's kind of annoying. Though I have had that problem as long as I use the forums so it's not about the update.
Exactly the same to me. I got used with this, I always copy the post before I submit it.

The Alchemist7 said:
slyscorpion said:

Exactly the same to me. I got used with this, I always copy the post before I submit it.
The cookies can time out even when the tab is open. To change this, you must change the settings, in the settings of the browser.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back