Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Viewer Numbers of a New British Right-wing News Channel Take a Nose-dive After Explosive Start

FancyMancy

So they have created this new news channel for the Right-Wing, and after only 2 weeks the viewer numbers have gone way down. It's supposed to "give a voice to those who feel sidelined or silenced". I didn't know about it, but I suspect it was due to at least one of the presenters of choice, Andrew Neil, who I think thinks itself is funny. Neil is/was on the BBC so trying to do this Right-wing channel makes so much sense! The channel, GB News, says it wants to "expose cancel culture for threat to free speech and democracy that it is".

Can’t stop laughing at GB News having fewer viewers than the Welsh version of Paw Patrol pic.twitter.com/x9EvoQZD9x

— Anita (@a_nitak) June 27, 2021

The first episode saw 336 000 viewers, higher than the BBC and Sky News, but by the latest episode only 32 000 people were watching. Patrol Pawennau had, during the same day, "over five times as many viewers", meaning 161,000 people were watching some cartoons about Animals. Welsh language programmes, such as Pobol y Cwm, are attracting more viewers. 32 000 people watched on Thursday 24th June, with only 31 000 watching Neil's own flagship programme. Pobol y Cwm has 44 000 viewers. Other sources say at its peak it had 2.2 million on its first day, but it was watched by 1 millions viewers in recent days.

From the time it first appeared on British TVs on the 13 of June, GB News has become the victim of technical faults, prank calls with people using names such as "Mike Hunt and Mike Oxlong" and advertisers withdrawing from the channel. Comedian Adam Pacitti took it a step further by subtly mooning a presenter, and their guest live on air. Personally, you might realise that I wouldn't mind some funny events such as "Fuckherrightinthepussy!". That wouldn't go amiss! Hey! They said fucking muh free speechez! (((They))) can't have it both ways!

"Whether there is an audience for endless, anti-woke, happy talk is less clear." GB News will need an audience to make a success of its unconventional business model. The i reported in May that GB News plans to make "super-fans" pay a monthly subscription fee, giving them bonus content including access to star presenters on the challenger to the BBC. The business model envisages turning its audience into a "community", which will pay a monthly fee to access additional content behind a digital paywall. So much for "giving a voice to those who feel sidelined or silenced." "In the last 20 years, there isn’t a single UK news channel that has made money. As a business investment, GB News is an unusual one", Stewart Purvis, who launched the ITV News channel and later became head of content regulation at Ofcom, said.

Among the last news channels to be launched in the UK was Sky News in 1989. Currently it operates at a loss of around £40million per year and attracts only a few hundred thousand viewers during peak hours. It serves more as a brand enhancer for the wider Sky offer than as a viable business in its own right. Another example of a new news channel launch was ITV Digital in 1997.

It launched a pay-TV service, but low audience figures, piracy issues and an ultimately unaffordable multi-million pound deal with the Football League led to the broadcaster suffering massive losses, forcing it to enter administration in March 2002. While some have doubts, others have argued the GB News format could work. Guardian reporter Anne Davies highlighted how the channel could succeed "if rightwing TV in Australia is any guide" – referring to Sky News Australia.

Paul Barry, the presenter of the ABC’s Media Watch programme and one of Sky News Australia’s fiercest critics, said GB news "could work". He said, "Sky is very successful here, particularly when you also take account of the online numbers. I am sure it will work in the UK." Dr Denis Muller, a senior researcher at the Centre for Advancing Journalism at the University of Melbourne, also doesn’t hesitate to predict success for GB News. "This is part of redtop populist journalism. There is a big appetite for that in the UK."

At the end of his regular programme on Thursday Andrew Neil said that he was going on a break from broadcasting. He said he would "be back before the summer is out, and popping up when you least expect it."

Code:
https://happymag.tv/gb-news-ratings-slump-behind-paw-patrol
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/gb-news-figures-plummet-following-explosive-start-278594
https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1456516/gb-news-risk-viewing-figures-slump-bbc-sky-news-andrew-neil-spt
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/gb-news-viewer-numbers-slump-after-turbulent-start/ar-AALBVrQ

I think that's embarrassing. Not for me or the UK, but for (((their))) attempts at trying to be cool and down wit' the kidz. I can remember saying before that the jew is our slave; it has to keep up appearances and obey us by performing on our terms. It would say that it has to control the news in order to make sure it is redirected back to jew things, while controlling "free speech", which, according to the jewnited Nations,

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive, and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
~UN Declaration of Human Rights

and while attempting to enhance anti-anti-semitism and pro-"israel", but the jew must do this to try and influence us. It has no choice but to do this.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back