Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Retrograde Jupiter Square

Persus

Hello,
I started a Jupiter square last Thursday when Pisces was retrograde and I'm wondering what effects it might have on the working itself. Would if be fine to continue or is it advisable to stop right now? This working is also the second time I'm doing a Jupiter square for reinforcement (the first one was standard Pisces).

It's actually fine in my experience. For material matters it even is more powerful. In the spiritual square I believe retrograde Jupiter brings traits to people that are really positive. I think retrograde Jupiter in Chart may be more positive than Jupiter direct personally in today's world as it causes people to more ask questions in spiritual matters and beliefs (my Jupiter is retrograde Natal too). So I don't see a problem with this. So doing it in Retrograde won't cause harm and may help some people more so cause it's more positive retrograde.

Saturn on the other hand is opposite. It's way more negative retrograde than direct and I suspect this is part of why so many people had such bad experiences with the square back when we were doing it as a group to "eliminate Saturn" (it doesn't do this btw just what people back then thought it did). People didn't realize this and did it retrograde or maybe didn't even realize Saturn was retrograde. I remember the energy was really horrible bad and I had to stop on around day 3 back then when I tried it cause I didn't think it made a difference either (this was in Libra when we were talking about it on the groups before the warnings about it)

slyscorpion said:
It's actually fine in my experience. For material matters it even is more powerful. In the spiritual square I believe retrograde Jupiter brings traits to people that are really positive. I think retrograde Jupiter in Chart may be more positive than Jupiter direct personally in today's world as it causes people to more ask questions in spiritual matters and beliefs (my Jupiter is retrograde Natal too). So I don't see a problem with this. So doing it in Retrograde won't cause harm and may help some people more so cause it's more positive retrograde.

Saturn on the other hand is opposite. It's way more negative retrograde than direct and I suspect this is part of why so many people had such bad experiences with the square back when we were doing it as a group to "eliminate Saturn" (it doesn't do this btw just what people back then thought it did). People didn't realize this and did it retrograde or maybe didn't even realize Saturn was retrograde. I remember the energy was really horrible bad and I had to stop on around day 3 back then when I tried it cause I didn't think it made a difference either (this was in Libra when we were talking about it on the groups before the warnings about it)
No its just the Saturn square that brings negativity... from experience its better not to use it.

Persus said:
Hello,
I started a Jupiter square last Thursday when Pisces was retrograde and I'm wondering what effects it might have on the working itself. Would if be fine to continue or is it advisable to stop right now? This working is also the second time I'm doing a Jupiter square for reinforcement (the first one was standard Pisces).

I wouldn’t usually think a retrograde is good to begin any square but I started the Jupiter one during retrograde and so far very positive effects. I didn’t want to turn lazy, start spending too much money, ect. But it’s had the opposite effect. I feel much happier and laid back, it’s making me more productive and I feel less of an urge to spend money. My affirmation is for a positive mindset and prosperity.

Sundara said:
Persus said:
Hello,

I wouldn’t usually think a retrograde is good to begin any square but I started the Jupiter one during retrograde and so far very positive effects. I didn’t want to turn lazy, start spending too much money, ect. But it’s had the opposite effect. I feel much happier and laid back, it’s making me more productive and I feel less of an urge to spend money. My affirmation is for a positive mindset and prosperity.

I have not had any negative experiences with it. Normally yeah you would question whether you should do it at all retrograde. I tried it with Mars last time as it was in Aries the energy was odd to say the least and I kept getting a bad feeling so I stopped on day 4.

I wanted to update in case anyone finds this later while searching. The Jupiter retrograde square seems to be a complete success and has manifested little by little the past few days. Not sure if the same works on other planetary squares.

Hello Persus,
Thanks for the update.
Can you tell us if you did the spiritual or material square?
Also, did you do the full square working, the shortened mantra with a set number of repetitions, or another variation?

Thanks!

HS.

Syt said:
Hello Persus,
Thanks for the update.
Also, did you do the full square working, the shortened mantra with a set number of repetitions, or another variation?

Thanks!

HS.
I remember Johnson_akemi in the old forum saying he wrote an email to Maxine about it and she said it should be fine to do the Jupiter square when retrograde. The problem is that I don't have that post saved anywhere so I'm not 100% sure. I would love if Hoodedcobra666 would say something about it, its definitely interesting to know if it can be done.

I did a full material square working for the full 16 days (1->12->8. . . ->4). This was with the shortened mantra. Doing the long mantras is pretty difficult with asthma. The working itself was a repeated square working. I initially did the first square on a standard Pisces, so no retrograde.

As a side note, during the working the energy felt like it was radiating inward instead of outward. The first square felt more external like it was affecting my surroundings. That feeling was why I asked the question in the first place. Was worried it wasn't going to actually affect the material world. But all is progressing well so far. It was only finished a few days ago though, so if anything wacky happens to me, I'll update again.

Syt said:
Hello Persus,
Thanks for the update.

Thanks!

HS.

Persus said:
I wanted to update in case anyone finds this later while searching. The Jupiter retrograde square seems to be a complete success and has manifested little by little the past few days. Not sure if the same works on other planetary squares.

It will only work on the other squares if for some reason retrograde of the planet represents what you want to manifest and direct of the planet wouldn't fit that otherwise it won't work at all or will manifest something the person doesn't want most likely. That doesn't seem like a common situation to me though. I really can't think of a reason to do this since it's for the most part Jupiter exception a negative thing maybe someone did it here or thought of one though if so share your experience. The other planets that go retrograde that have squares are Mars Saturn Venus and Mercury.

Also want to say that the Jupiter square for me has had better results in defending against a hard saturn transit than solar squares. For saturn transits that are known to be coming building with a solar vibration protection might be more long term and preventative but if you catch yourself in the midst of some stacked up hard transits, this can immediately relieve some of the pressure.

Persus said:
I did a full material square working for the full 16 days (1->12->8. . . ->4). This was with the shortened mantra. Doing the long mantras is pretty difficult with asthma. The working itself was a repeated square working. I initially did the first square on a standard Pisces, so no retrograde.

As a side note, during the working the energy felt like it was radiating inward instead of outward. The first square felt more external like it was affecting my surroundings. That feeling was why I asked the question in the first place. Was worried it wasn't going to actually affect the material world. But all is progressing well so far. It was only finished a few days ago though, so if anything wacky happens to me, I'll update again.

Syt said:
Hello Persus,
Thanks for the update.

Thanks!

HS.
Did the first square manifest? Or you had to do a second square and then it manifested? I'm asking because you said you used the short mantra and I wonder if its worth to use it with the Jupiter square.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back