Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Mercury retrograde - travel protection working help needed

r2vven

Hello.

Before I ask what's on my mind I have to give a brief backstory. Around a month ago one of my closer relatives died and it's a custom here to sit next to the body during the night in the house(muslim household). I'm suffering from necrophobia since I was a kid (my father died unexpectedly when I was 10), so this was a pretty unsettling experience for me. Next thing you know, the night after I come home and dream of a deceased body (dunno whose) and a date: 28 june. I'm pretty sure this dream is just the product of me coming in contact with my biggest dread in life: dead bodies.

Now, my mother wants to travel by bus to visit my older brother in another country in two days. It's around a day's worth ride by bus from here. I wanted to do a working to ensure her safety during the trip, but I'm not sure if I should do it since Mercury is retrograde until June 22nd, and the JoS website mentioned that all workings regarding travelling will more likely than not fail during a Mercury retrograde.

So what do you suggest? Do you suggest I ask for help/protection from the Gods because this is out of my reach? Could I perform a general protection working using the Algiz rune? I'd be thankful if someone answered as soon as they could!

General protection here will work. This can protect her from bad accident and dying. Of course problems with travel can still happen but they will be minor.

r2vven said:
Hello.

Before I ask what's on my mind I have to give a brief backstory. Around a month ago one of my closer relatives died and it's a custom here to sit next to the body during the night in the house(muslim household). I'm suffering from necrophobia since I was a kid (my father died unexpectedly when I was 10), so this was a pretty unsettling experience for me. Next thing you know, the night after I come home and dream of a deceased body (dunno whose) and a date: 28 june. I'm pretty sure this dream is just the product of me coming in contact with my biggest dread in life: dead bodies.

Now, my mother wants to travel by bus to visit my older brother in another country in two days. It's around a day's worth ride by bus from here. I wanted to do a working to ensure her safety during the trip, but I'm not sure if I should do it since Mercury is retrograde until June 22nd, and the JoS website mentioned that all workings regarding travelling will more likely than not fail during a Mercury retrograde.

So what do you suggest? Do you suggest I ask for help/protection from the Gods because this is out of my reach? Could I perform a general protection working using the Algiz rune? I'd be thankful if someone answered as soon as they could!

I’d try reid or Jera to help you flow along the cycle and facilitate a move, with it ending in algiz for protection. Mercury retrogrades have not typically been that problematic but this one in particular has been brutal, I think due to Mercury’s alignment near Jupiter and Saturn along with a Saturn retrograde. I wonder if this is part of the reason why I think it was Thoth who pointed out Mercury’s placement just before the retrograde.

I just tried moving, it was supposed to be the quickest and easiest move I’ve ever made but I was met with so many inconveniences and ridiculous setbacks. I’ve moved hundreds of miles before and it went by like a BREEZE.. but this shit was just stupid. Would definitely recommend a working beforehand. It’s not that it’ll be a devastating failure but it’s just going to be a bigger pain in the ass sometimes.

Sundara said:
r2vven said:
Hello.

I’d try reid or Jera to help you flow along the cycle and facilitate a move, with it ending in algiz for protection. Mercury retrogrades have not typically been that problematic but this one in particular has been brutal, I think due to Mercury’s alignment near Jupiter and Saturn along with a Saturn retrograde. I wonder if this is part of the reason why I think it was Thoth who pointed out Mercury’s placement just before the retrograde.

I just tried moving, it was supposed to be the quickest and easiest move I’ve ever made but I was met with so many inconveniences and ridiculous setbacks. I’ve moved hundreds of miles before and it went by like a BREEZE.. but this shit was just stupid. Would definitely recommend a working beforehand. It’s not that it’ll be a devastating failure but it’s just going to be a bigger pain in the ass sometimes.

Hello and thank you very much for your reply! I was kinda inclined to do an Algiz working just for protection from accidents (I know Mercury retrograde more specializes in delays and obstructions) and not death and destruction but I just want to be on the safe side.

My mother is just going for a visit (~10 days) so does a Reid/Jera working help when she isnt moving permanently?

r2vven said:
Sundara said:
r2vven said:
Hello.

Hello and thank you very much for your reply! I was kinda inclined to do an Algiz working just for protection from accidents (I know Mercury retrograde more specializes in delays and obstructions) and not death and destruction but I just want to be on the safe side.

My mother is just going for a visit (~10 days) so does a Reid/Jera working help when she isnt moving permanently?

Yes :)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back